"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hip-Hop

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Hip-Hop

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 115 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 115 1 2 3 4 5 Last
May 23, 2010 5:07 AM ET #26 (permalink)

nat: wow, i nvr thought i'll EVER know someone else even KNOWS who the phock saul williams was lol i love saul williams. he's amazing!!

May 25, 2010 1:32 AM ET #27 (permalink)

I can't believe nobody has given Jedi Mind Tricks a mention!!!! I'm ashamed for forgetting him in my earlier post, same with Big L and Chino XL.

May 25, 2010 8:24 AM ET #28 (permalink)

Good shout man! I love me some JMT

May 25, 2010 11:53 AM ET #29 (permalink)

Yeah Nothinghead, Saul Williams is pretty good. It was actually my dad who turned me on to him, haha.

May 25, 2010 8:42 PM ET #30 (permalink)

nat: yeah bro, a black guy, who dresses like a native american sometimes on stage, and that does spoken-word rap, oughtta be good lol

May 31, 2010 9:15 PM ET #31 (permalink)

Sabac Red and Non Phixion, just a couple more the need a' be mentioned!!!

Jun 5, 2010 4:54 PM ET #32 (permalink)

I'm sure I mention Non Phixion before. I like Sabac and "I Have A Dream" is one of my favourite hip-hop tracks ever but the more I listen to him, the whiter he sounds if you get me?

Jun 5, 2010 5:20 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Yeah, I can dig that, definitely a lot more white than Vinnie Paz or Ill Bill, you down with Army Of The Pharaohs?

(This post was last edited on June 5, 2010 at 9:05 PM ET.)

Jun 14, 2010 12:27 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Found out the other day that the Ill Bill and DJ Muggs collaboration album, "Kill Devil Hills" is coming out on August 24th. Looking forward to that as well as Bill and Vinnie Paz's collab album, "Heavy Metal Kings."

Jun 14, 2010 3:58 PM ET #35 (permalink)

That should be fuckin' epic, like the Jedi Mind song they did of that same title right? Oh and Vinnie Paz's solo album, Season Of The Assassin, comes out next tuesday. Listened to it on Myspace, it's pretty tight.

Jun 14, 2010 6:13 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Yeah the song, "Heavy Metal Kings" was fucking awesome, especially the Terror remix. The album should be insane too. I haven't heard any of Paz's new solo stuff yet, I'll have to check it out.

Jun 14, 2010 7:31 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Paz's new solo stuff has some good songs, but there's a few tracks on his new album with some pretty Akon type singing on it which I definitely do not approve of. I mean, I wouldn't directly compare any of it to Akon or anything, it's still underground sounding but just not as much I guess is what I'm getting at. I'd rather hear a new Jedi Mind album now that Jus Allah is back.

But that Heavy Metal Kings album sounds hella rad, Paz and Bill are great together.

(This post was last edited on June 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM ET.)

Jun 15, 2010 9:53 AM ET #38 (permalink)

Ah cool. I'll check out his Myspace or YouTube or summit to hear the songs and decide if it's worth picking up. I agree though, I'd rather have a new JMT album and Paz and Bill are always great when they get together. Ill Bill should have a third solo album coming out next year too which he said is only gonna have production by him and Necro.

Jun 15, 2010 4:46 PM ET #39 (permalink)

Really, thats badass. Necro is a wicked producer, didn't Bill self-produce his last album?

Jun 15, 2010 6:42 PM ET #40 (permalink)

He did a few of the tracks but there was quite a few producers on Hour Of Reprisal. Necro did 1 or 2, Muggs and Lethal did 1 or 2 each and there was a couple other producers too.

Jun 27, 2010 11:31 PM ET #41 (permalink)

anyone get the nas and damian marley album, distant relatives? i almost bought it, but opted to get a cd by Alcest the metal band instead. it was a tough decision.

Jun 27, 2010 11:39 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Nope. Last new hip hop album I bought was the new Army Of The Pharaohs which is sooooooooo effin tight, definitely a nomination for best hip hop album of the year.

Oz, you must check this one out!!!!!!

(This post was last edited on June 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM ET.)

Jun 27, 2010 11:43 PM ET #43 (permalink)

oh it is good? hmm i'll have to get it, i wanted to get it at their show, but didn't have the $$

Jun 28, 2010 12:04 AM ET #44 (permalink)

Just not into Nas

Jul 12, 2010 7:24 PM ET #45 (permalink)

I'll have to get around to checking that out SM! I heard a couple of tracks earlier from the new Ill Bill/DJ Muggs collabo album. They were alright, but I couldn't really get into them for some reason. I'm hoping the rest of the album is better.

Something I did find today that did impress me though, was an old British hip-hop crew called Gunshot. It's sad that, as an Englishman, the only English rapper I liked before was Slick Rick, but these guys were fantastic. They had a song called Mind Of A Razor that was actually remixed by Napalm Death of all people. Well worth checking out. Albums are expensive though.

Jul 18, 2010 7:46 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Nas - Illmatic or anything by Atmosphere is a MUST HAVE for any collection!

(This post was last edited on July 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM ET.)

Aug 16, 2010 2:19 PM ET #47 (permalink)

RTB

I luv old school rap, 84-94...Eric b & rakim, nwa, geto boys, showbiz and a&g, look g rap and DJ Polo, king T,too short, house of pain, Wu tang clan, ganksta nip, the terrorists. Penthouse players clique, AMG, MC Ren and eazy e were the best for me. .....
.the worst? 2 pac, public enemy, x clan, professor griff, MC trouble, snoop dog, 3rd bass, young black teenagers, MC hammer, vanilla ice, Lynch mob, Tim.dog,

Aug 16, 2010 11:47 PM ET #48 (permalink)

^What's wrong with Public Enemy?

Aug 17, 2010 2:41 AM ET #49 (permalink)

RTB

Idk, that rendition with anthrax, professor griffs racist rants,thinking flavor flav.was. a no talent, idk man I wasn't into there racial rants or really dug there style. ...sorry bro. ....

Aug 19, 2010 12:11 AM ET #50 (permalink)

Hey man the collab with Anthrax was Anthrax's fault cuz Scott Ian was such a huge fanboy groupie of theirs. And flavor flav is the shit, you a fool!!!!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum