"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Dime Forever! ... and the Dunlop Dime Wah rules!

Posted in: Forum Home >> Musician's Chat >> Dime Forever! ... and the Dunlop Dime Wah rules!

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Apr 24, 2010 1:17 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Ok, just gotta tell you this; I finally managed to fly home today, and to avoid an expensive trip in regards to extra kilos on my stuff, I decided to carry my fav guitar fx pedals in the bag which I took into the plane.

The funny thing is, I got stopped at the security scan, cos they felt there was something "very metallic" in my bag. I had to open my bag and the case were I had my pedals. And what was it? My Dunlop Dime Wah. Right on! Just once I agree with the airport security people! It´s pure fucking metal!

I know we had the Wah conversation before, but what wah pedal(s) are you guys using?

Apr 25, 2010 2:59 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I just use a standard Crybaby, and it works fine for me. Not gonna lie though, lately I've been pretty curious about trying out the Jerry Cantrell and Slash signature wahs, especially the Cantrell.

(This post was last edited on April 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM ET.)

Apr 26, 2010 6:07 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Wolf: You've been going on about that thing since you got it. I'm sold. I'ma try one. Do you have an order form or does the finders fee have to be reported at the time of purchase?

Apr 29, 2010 7:35 AM ET #4 (permalink)

BG1, LOL mate. None of that required.

The thing is, On the Dime Wah, you have a 6 position position meter, so you can tweak in the Freq you like, Plus you get 3 tiny pots more so you can adjust the Q, The Tone and The Vol, just like in a Dynamic filter pedal, and in addition, there's an extra switch on the right hand side of the pedal which you can kick in for a pretty hard boost.
If that wasn't enough, you also get 2 outputs, which you can adjust either to give dual outputs for your wah, or then 2 outputs, one giving the wah-ed (is that a word?) sound, and the other output is dry. So, the options are there.

The downside, you get all these options, so it does take time to tweak the damn thing in. My initial opinion on the pedal was that I was quite disappointed. But, after some tweaking, I loved it.
You can check it out my myspace (on tracks "Speed" - especially towards the end of the track, and a bit on "Tunnels" as well). www.myspace.com/martinalan703

There's some pretty good test videos on Youtube as well. People tend to compare the Dime Wah to the Zakk Wylde signature wah. A matter of opinion. I prefer the Dime over the Wylde one. But, you know, opinions mate, opinions.
Hope that helps!

Apr 29, 2010 12:09 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I wasn't kidding. You really had me sold already, but added to this recent post I'm totally sold lock stock and barrel. I had planned on picking up a wah and getting back into my axe work lately and you pushed me over the edge. Cheers mate.

Jun 21, 2010 10:29 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I'm getting a Dunlop dime Wah in a couple of weeks...I've heard nothing but good reviews from it

Oct 17, 2010 7:07 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I might be getting one from my girlfriend for Christmas. I've thrown some pretty blatant hints out there so hopefully that'll work. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the Dime wah;on top of that, Dime is probably my favorite guitar player.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Musician's Chat forum