"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Most metal moments...

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Most metal moments...

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Aug 3, 2009 1:44 PM ET #26 (permalink)

I wasn't drunk. I'd had about six or seven pints but I'd spaced them well so I wasn't drunk. Being on a crutch though I can't really do much dancing besides headbanging, though I worked out how to slam dance with my crutch so I'm alright there.

Aug 3, 2009 3:35 PM ET #27 (permalink)

"I wasn't drunk"

WE HAVE A WINNER.

Aug 3, 2009 6:53 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Damn... I was too late to submit my story about being arrested for inciting a riot at one of my shows. I thought that was a win for sure.

Aug 3, 2009 10:19 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Blindgreed1: As long as it's you creating the Metal moment and not the alcohol, you can be a winner too! \m/

Tell the story in detail for all to read :)

(This post was last edited on August 3, 2009 at 10:19 PM ET.)

Aug 4, 2009 11:21 AM ET #30 (permalink)

Fresh out of high school my band (Nemesis) was hired on to play a party at a residence. Chuck, (the guy that hired us) was well known for throwing huge keg parties so we all decided that although the party would be shut down at some point it would be worth the risk for the exposure. When we loaded in, we knew this thing was going to be BIG because of all of the money changing hands for drugs and alcohol. Upon our arrival at the residence for the show the place was packed inside and out and soon the crowd began to chant the band name so we fired it up. We played about 5 songs and the crowd was whipped up pretty good. During the intro to the 6th song, I noticed a man in blue attempting to approach the stage. He looked a little intimidated and was talking into his hand held on his shoulder. By the time we finished the song he and four of his fellow officers had made it to the front of the stage area (which was actually a makeshift milk crate/plank stage) and was desperately trying to get my attention. The drummer started to fire off the next song, so I interrupted him and said "hold on guys, I think this guy has something to say". So I put the mic in front of him and he said (meekly), it's time to shut it down. I pulled the mic back and said "you guys don't want to go home do you"? "We're just getting started here". About that time the boo birds started singing and the bottles and cups started flying. The cops all pulled into a circle in a defesive move and backed their way out of the house into the back yard where there were even more people and trash flying through the air. We played about two more songs until the hellicopter got there and hovered over the back yard throwing dust and rocks everywhere thus dispersing the crowd. At that point everyone was exiting so we started breaking down. Soon, three officers came in (seriously pissed off) and took me down, cuffed me, kicked me a few times and threw me into the back of the car. I was booked that night for enciting a riot. Everytime I got pulled over for the next ten years I got the shit kicked out of me, but looking back it was worth every minute and every ass kicking just to see the fear on the faces of those cops backing out of that mass of metal heads. For a very short period, we had the power.

Aug 4, 2009 12:22 PM ET #31 (permalink)

Fuckin getto bird. Cops=No.2 Pencil

\m/\m/ Nemesis \m/\m/

Killer moment.

Aug 4, 2009 1:46 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Where can I find some material from this 80's metal band called "Nemesis" ?...

Aug 4, 2009 1:54 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Lol. Shredder. We never got that far my friend. A friend of mine has some cassette recordings of Nemesis at parties and clubs but the sound quality is pretty bad. Scratch that... REALLY fucking bad.

Aug 4, 2009 9:07 PM ET #34 (permalink)

BG1, I hereby hand over my best metalhead moment to you!

Aug 5, 2009 5:19 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Seriously Blindgreed, fucking props!

Aug 5, 2009 6:52 PM ET #36 (permalink)

*In his best Bon Scott voice* Thank you, thank you. You've been a lovely audience, thank you.

Aug 7, 2009 9:43 PM ET #37 (permalink)

I had hot, sweaty sex with Rob Halford as he sang "Turbo Lover" to me.

Aug 7, 2009 11:14 PM ET #38 (permalink)

POV, I thought you were of the female persuasion.

Aug 7, 2009 11:42 PM ET #39 (permalink)

It was a one-time thing. He has the voice of an angel and the cock of an elephant...Ohhhhh I simply could not fight the temptation, and he ravaged my virgin shit-box.

Aug 10, 2009 2:55 PM ET #40 (permalink)

*projectile vomits all over the monitor* I believe that would have fit better in the "not so metal" thread for you and Rob both. *wipes vomit from the side of his mouth - Spits - and wipes away the tears*

Aug 10, 2009 7:51 PM ET #41 (permalink)

It was totally metal. His seed left traces of steel inside me. British Steel, that is. Lol.

Aug 10, 2009 8:30 PM ET #42 (permalink)

No matter how gay it is, anything involving Rob Halford is 500% metal.

Aug 10, 2009 9:04 PM ET #43 (permalink)

^Exactly.

Aug 10, 2009 9:12 PM ET #44 (permalink)

Doesn't it hurt when you poop?

Aug 11, 2009 11:58 AM ET #45 (permalink)

Damn BG, you have the best stories. And btw, yeah I'm having a great time in the US of A, went for a mountain bike down Pikes Peak in the weekend which was great.

Found out Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, Sunn O))), Motorhead etc. are playing in Denver while I'm here. Unfortunately I don't have a car to get to the venues... but I'm probably going to go see Down and The Melvins play which will be killer enough.

Aug 11, 2009 12:19 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Cynic: King Buzzo with Down? Ah man, you are a lucky one. \m/\m/!!!

Aug 11, 2009 1:11 PM ET #47 (permalink)

Hey Cynic, here in the States, we have these new-fangled things called taxi cabs. It's pretty cool. You just hop into one, give directions to a guy who barely speaks English, and he actually takes to the place you want to go. It's crazy. Give 'em a try.

Aug 11, 2009 1:40 PM ET #48 (permalink)

LOL - yes thanks captain smart-ass. Actually the transportation thing was really referring to the H&H and Judas Priest shows which are at a place called Red Rocks. It's on the outskirts of Denver and apparently traffic is hell trying to get there. I'm assuming by the time the taxi delivered me it would have been cheaper to charter a private plane. The other real issue is that Dream Theater and Sunn are playing on weekdays and I have work :(

Motorhead - still definitely on the cards. Oh and Obituary is playing too on a Sunday, so if the bus schedules work... you Americans are fucking lucky you know.

Aug 11, 2009 2:39 PM ET #49 (permalink)

Cynic - Red Rocks is the COOLEST concert venue I have ever been too. Ampitheatre carved into the mountains looking down on Denver, its awesome.

When I was in Colorado last summer helping my uncle build his house, we got free tickets to see the Blues Travelers there on the fourth of July. We could see the fireworks shows from Denver and all of its suberbs during the concert. The traffic actually wasn't too bad for us either.

Oh, and we Americans aren't lucky, just entitled :P

(This post was last edited on August 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM ET.)

Aug 11, 2009 2:44 PM ET #50 (permalink)

Cynic - That depends on where you live. In Iowa we get very few bands to play here, but lately there have been a few good shows announced. Coincidentally, I'm still broke from car repairs.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum