"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Most metal moments...

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Most metal moments...

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Jul 22, 2009 9:38 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Jenny has a good idea with the other thred. Let us talk of our most metal moments, shall we? (I shall try to loosen up by the way and hope fun Kali gets her ass back soon)

Now my most metal moment... I am going to have to say that goes to walking into Toy's R Us wearing the very gauntlets worn in my defualt pic. I think many had to do laundry that night.

{edit}

Let us add moments in our lives that were funny metal moments, proud metal moments. and the alike...

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 1:24 AM ET.)

Jul 22, 2009 9:54 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Hmm... MOST... metal moment, most metal... moment... hmmm.... hr-hrm... uhhhh....

Nope, don't have one :)

I love the music, but sorry, I don't go for all of that other 'metal' behaviour/attitude stuff. Also, I wear proper clothes because I enjoying looking good, and don't at all enjoy looking retarded. My bad lol.

I mean, as far as metal behaviour goes, I enjoy concerts and drinking and all that, but not exclusively because of metal. I enjoy non-metal concerts, and I drink whether there is metal blasting or not (and enjoy either way just as much).

If most stupid drunk moment counts, I've got a scar on my right eyebrow from headbutting a rock when I was drunk. I maintain that the rock started it.

I also headbutted it accidentally, when I fell over while running out the door to spew in the backyard hahah. I'm a champion :)

Jul 22, 2009 9:57 PM ET #3 (permalink)

"Also, I wear proper clothes because I enjoying looking good, and don't at all enjoy looking retarded." I guess I look very retarded then eh? I bet you're used to disappointing ladies like this all the time though. Pfft. :P

Most metal moment... Skipping mandatory church-related things to go get my hair/nails fixed at a salon hahahah

Jul 22, 2009 10:08 PM ET #4 (permalink)

If you wear spikes and chains and corpsepaint, then yeah, as far as I'm concerned, you look retarded. And I have no idea what you even meant by that 'disappointing the ladies' comment, but whatever, man. I can't even be arsed refuting that crap.

Oh, and skipping church isn't metal, it's just good time management :P

Jul 22, 2009 10:21 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Punched a nun in the neck..
Kicked a priest in the dick..
Got caught trying to break into a Freemason lodge..
Saw Slayer..
Burnt a church down..

Okay so only two of those are true lol.........

Jul 22, 2009 10:45 PM ET #6 (permalink)

At an Amon Amarth gig, I was headbanging and a grown man put his hand on my shoulder and told me, "You're a monster!" and I responded, "Thank you!" .

What can I say, I enjoy the simple things in life; that and I don't do a whole lot of 'Metal' stuff, whatever that maybe. I just LOVE Metal Music, and as far as I'm concerned, that's pretty Metal.

(This post was last edited on July 22, 2009 at 11:10 PM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 3:13 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Not really a "Metal" moment but, a great story I like to tell...

It was a cold windy Los Angeles night, and I was just leaving a class that I'd been attending throughout the Fall of '08. As I was exiting the building, I decided to light a cigarette in celebration of another successful day. There I was, walking through the blue-hell streets of Downtown L.A. while inhaling and exhaling a cigarette as if it were a straw. Several streets later, I finally come upon a red light. I observe the surrounding area and in the distance I spot a dark figure standing still on a street corner. As I approach this "figure" street by street, it becomes clear to me that it is nothing more than an old lady waiting patiently at a bus stop. During the course of my racing thoughts, the old lady has no idea that there is another person within twenty feet of her perimeter. I then enter her peripheral vision and with no hesitation she positions her hands in the act of praying. I blow the final cloud of smoke into the darkness, look down, and grin at her. She then glances at my shirt (which depicts numerous pentagrams and inverted crosses), looks back up at my face and says, "Oh my GOD! It's Satan himself!

There you go! One of my many lame stories I like to tell. hahaha!

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 3:22 AM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 11:46 AM ET #8 (permalink)

LOL @ psythe and Shredder's stories.

I guess I don't really have any "metal moments" either. But what really makes a moment "metal?"

I dress pretty normal, aside from the fact that I wear a few band t-shirts here and there. I look pretty normal; I don't have long hair or colored hair. I drink on occasion, but that's got nothing to do with metal music at all.

I guess I'm just a normal guy who likes metal.

Now playing: Gorgoroth - "Wound Upon Wound"

Jul 23, 2009 1:13 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I don't see what's wrong with spikes, but chains and corpsepaint... well, you don't see people just walking down with that randomly :P Yea, I always hated church and did everything I could to avoid it. My parents eventually gave up on getting me to go.

Haha Shred, that's ace.

Jul 23, 2009 3:15 PM ET #10 (permalink)

The Day I Nailed Christ 2 The Cross!!!!

Jul 23, 2009 4:09 PM ET #11 (permalink)

LOL @ Shredder

I don't think I'm very metal. Well I am according to people I know but then again...in my school I'm about as metal as they get!

I always wear band tees and often wear all black but that's about it for appearance. As far as metal moment go, I mosh and carefree-ly ran straight into the biggest guy there at the last gig I went to (luckily it was only a local one).

I can more so see the chains thing as well as the spikes thing (as long as they aren't being dug into you at a gig) but I'm with you on the corpse paint.

Jul 25, 2009 6:30 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Red

Well we where listening to Morbid Angel in the car (back then it was a tape) and we had to stop aty a Red light which was right next to a very busy buss stop. So we stop, Morbid Angel blasting all the way and we notice all the normal people looking at us with freaked out faces. So without even talking to one another, we all got half the way out the windows and started screaming like there was no tomorrow. it sure made an impression on those people ! LOL

Jul 25, 2009 9:51 PM ET #13 (permalink)

I dress like me for the most part. I like t-shirts, and jeans, and steel-toed shoes. Simple, yet functional.

Is it my fault that bands I like happen to make reasonably priced t-shirts? lol

My most metal moment ever?

My entire existence.

Jul 26, 2009 3:26 PM ET #14 (permalink)

I find it funny how ignorant people sound when they bash corpse paint. Wearing corpse paint is a celebration of one’s demon/fiend, and paying homage to the ancient warriors who wore it in battle. As far as I am concerned, wearing corpse paint in very metal. So are spikes, and such. I find it un-metal to not celebrate metal by wearing such things.

Jul 26, 2009 5:04 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Kali: I see your point in relation to black metal and all like 'viking metal' but for thrash and sub genres like that, it is kinda pointless.

Jul 26, 2009 8:13 PM ET #16 (permalink)

It is across the board. If Amon were to wear corpse paint I could see the validity, and the same for a band like Destruction. They are celebrating their demons, and paying homage to their ancestors.

Jul 26, 2009 8:50 PM ET #17 (permalink)

I don't wear any sort of spikes or chains and will not
be caught dead( well, maybe when I'm dead?)
wearing any sort of make-up or corpse paint.!! LOFL

I look metal enough on a daily basis... that I don't have to
wear some silly clown make-up to look any cooler than
I already am \m/\m/

Jul 26, 2009 9:07 PM ET #18 (permalink)

My most metal moment? It would probably be the other day when I was having a water fight with the kids in my neighbourhood. Doesn't sound metal? I was using a kettle!

Jul 26, 2009 11:30 PM ET #19 (permalink)

"Wearing corpse paint is a celebration of one’s demon/fiend, and paying homage to the ancient warriors who wore it in battle."

facepalm.jpg

Jul 27, 2009 8:50 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I was at a local gig, and most of the people were standing still; arms crossed, stand and glare. I do that sometimes too, but I had quite a bit of energy in me that night. Anyways, I was the only one at the front of the stage headbanging. I was headbanging so hard that an acquaintance of mine had to stop me just so someone in the back can get a picture of the band!

(This post was last edited on July 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM ET.)

Jul 30, 2009 3:47 AM ET #21 (permalink)

This actually happened yesterday:

My girlfriend (Stefanie) has been teaching one of her friends (Jorge) about music theory over the summer so he can hopefully get accepted at Berklee (music college). We had a mock audition at her house to see how well she has taught him (He brought his Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 with a small Peavey amp, but it had a really good distortion cab). After the mock audition was over, you all know I *had to* see if I could shred a little on his guitar. Stef's dad was there (He's hated me since me and her met/dated in high school, I share the sentiments). While he was talking to Jorge about the audition, he saw me playing a little, so he decided to be an asshole and put me on the spot "What? You got something to show me? Play something then!"

Me: "Hey Jorge, set that distortion to the 'Killer' setting."
Jorge: *sets distortion*

I played a song I made for the last band I was in. Started shredding, and then he shut the fuck up and paid respect where it was due for the rest of the afternoon.

...Its been a long time coming...

Jul 30, 2009 5:30 PM ET #22 (permalink)

^Haha that's awesome \m/

Aug 1, 2009 4:14 AM ET #23 (permalink)

Last night I ended up in a nightclub where I was headbanging and slam dancing to soul music. Is this win?

Aug 1, 2009 1:11 PM ET #24 (permalink)

^haha

Aug 1, 2009 6:36 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Diamond Oz: Were you drunk? ...

(This post was last edited on August 1, 2009 at 6:36 PM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum