"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hardcore Bands

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Hardcore Bands

Displaying posts 26 - 44 of 44 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 44 of 44 1 2 Last
Jul 6, 2010 3:36 AM ET #26 (permalink)

Have As I Lay Dying ditched their clean singing choruses? If not, won't bother checking it out. I remember a friend lent me "An Ocean Between Us" and I probably would've really enjoyed it except they always break into these overly melodically clean-sung choruses which I could never stand.

If there wasn't any of that shit involved I might actually like As I Lay Dying.

Jul 6, 2010 6:00 AM ET #27 (permalink)

Still clean singing man. There isn't heaps of it tho. The best cd they have had to offer.

Jul 7, 2010 12:06 AM ET #28 (permalink)

Meh

(This post was last edited on July 26, 2010 at 8:37 PM ET.)

Jul 7, 2010 12:14 AM ET #29 (permalink)

Most definatley man.

I really enojy that cd.

Jul 9, 2010 5:01 AM ET #30 (permalink)

Haven't heard much of it, more into AILD's older stuff. How is it? Any good song recommendations off of it?

Jul 9, 2010 4:09 PM ET #31 (permalink)

The New Breed
A Billyclub Sandwich
Everybody Gets Hurt
Sworn Enemy
Irate

Jul 9, 2010 4:45 PM ET #32 (permalink)

Spaghetti, AILD's Shadows Are Security and Frail Words Collapse releases have minimal to no clean singing, though the production is substandard imo. The new disc is fairly aggressive too, but it does have clean vocal lines.

Jul 10, 2010 9:26 AM ET #33 (permalink)

""have minimal to no clean singing, though the production is substandard imo""

thats just about most of the new HxC shit out today!!!

Jul 25, 2010 8:23 AM ET #34 (permalink)

i listen to hardcore music and i recommend this band named ryker's from germany.
http://www.myspace.com/rykershardcore

Jul 25, 2010 1:17 PM ET #35 (permalink)

As I Lay Dying are the shit!!!!!!! I'm not sure which of their last two albums is better, but I really like them both. If you like the clean singing, AILD is perfect for you. Parallels is the best song on "Rise", interesting to see the bassist singing as opposed to the guitarist. Check out All That Remains, they're pretty good too.

Jul 26, 2010 8:37 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Wow I really hate how As I Lay Dying is being talked about in a thread about hardcore bands. Sorry people, don't take this personally but shut the fuck up about AILD and All That Remains on this thread, I'm pretty sure there's another thread for trendy metalcore bands.

branded has the right idea, SWORN ENEMY!!!!!!!

Jul 26, 2010 9:43 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Would anyone concider Superjoint Ritual in this thread?
I love them and they are as hardcore as they fuckin' come.

As I lay Dying is definetley more of a metal-core act these days.
Don't really think they belong in this thread like spag-mo stated.

Jul 27, 2010 12:41 AM ET #38 (permalink)

As I Lay Dying have never never never never never been hardcore. NEVER!

Jul 27, 2010 1:00 AM ET #39 (permalink)

I must have used the term fairly loosley.
I know they have never been "hardcore"
But the "core" has slowly vanished and are now more metal.

My own opinion.

Jul 27, 2010 4:04 AM ET #40 (permalink)

Considering how closely related the terms "hardcore" and "metalcore" are, I wouldnt get my panties too tightly wound up just yet. That's like if I started a thread titled "death metal" and someone mentioned Dimmu Borgir or Azarath, and I got all uppity about it cuz I demanded you stay strictly on topic at all costs. Somebody on here would end up calling me some sort of uptight asshole-type guy/douchebag person, or something to that effect. And goshdarnit, I do not wish to be labeled a sphincter.

Wiggles, my man, whats up.... down under!?

Jul 27, 2010 7:50 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Just chilling man, yourself?

Everyone should listen to Mindsnare and Blkout.
In my opinion they are two of the best hardcore bands from my country at the moment.

Aug 7, 2010 11:14 AM ET #42 (permalink)

Noone has mentioned PRO PAIN yet!! That is a band that gets overlooked all the fkn time!

Aug 27, 2010 10:10 PM ET #43 (permalink)

Nora, Curl up and Die, One Dead Three Wounded, Will Haven, The Missing 23rd, Modern Life is War..............some of my favorites, i use to be really into hardcore although now im more into death metal and doom

Aug 28, 2010 8:05 AM ET #44 (permalink)

Most hXc bands are just wannabe bad asses who think by acting hXc and being scene posers makes them hXc.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum