"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Guttural Vocals in the vein of Guttural Secrete or Devourment

Posted in: Forum Home >> Musician's Chat >> Guttural Vocals in the vein of Guttural Secrete or Devourment

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Apr 19, 2010 9:17 AM ET #1 (permalink)

i've been doing death metal vocals (growls, screams, etc.) for almost a year now, and of course i've been doing them correctly (with my gut, not the throat) and i was hoping there was someone here that knows how to do the guttural growls that could possibly give me some tips. Currently i can get them relatively low, but the mucus build up required for guttural growls like in brutal death metal and brutal slam death metal (not to be confused with wigger slam) is a bit of an issue for me. Just as a reference i can do vocals similar to Nile, Vital Remains or Deicide, Bloodbath, i can almost get to Dying Fetus, but i'd like to be able to get to Orchidectomy if i preffered, but i'm aiming for Devourment.

Apr 19, 2010 10:48 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I've been having the same problem! Any help would be much appreciated :D

Apr 19, 2010 2:34 PM ET #3 (permalink)

i guess a good reference video for what i mean would be the youtube user Argon, also known as Big Chocolate from Disfiguring the Goddess.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB_8sxghxis

Apr 26, 2010 6:50 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Not so sure it's an aquired talent you seek. It sounds to me like you two are taking it as far as you're capable of for the time being.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Musician's Chat forum