"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Band Banners

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Band Banners

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Jul 22, 2009 1:18 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Just wondering on the thoughts and feelings on banners that bands use on stage. I was at a show the other night to take some photos of some local bands here in town. The headliner was a Kiss tribute band ( I almost threw up writing that) .But anyhow they had their KISS banner up the whole time while the other bands played. To me thats so fucking disrespectful to the other bands. Plus its a pain in the ass trying to take pics of some band and another bands banner is in the background. I know most likely 90% of you are in bands here. So what you think?

Jul 22, 2009 1:38 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Banners= Gay

Jul 22, 2009 1:52 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Banners SUCK.. This is why you'll never see a Blind Greed banner at our shows. Who needs a sign? Absolutely GAY!

Jul 24, 2009 8:20 PM ET #4 (permalink)

maybe bands who use a banner
have some indentidy conflict with them self
escpecilly a cover band

and have to agree with blind greed

Jul 25, 2009 5:42 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Y

What's wrong with banners? If you have such a problem with it, ask them to take it down while you play if its up there while they're not.

(This post was last edited on July 25, 2009 at 5:50 AM ET.)

Jul 25, 2009 9:58 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Y, am I the only one who is irritated by your presence?

Jul 25, 2009 12:31 PM ET #7 (permalink)

ap1 - Nope!!

Jul 25, 2009 7:33 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Y

Politely ask someone to take the banner down. Yes, a very irritating suggestion.

Jul 28, 2009 6:36 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Y: Obviously you've never been IN a show. There is no time to politely ask anybody to do anything. Any time spent having a discussion or removing someone else's shit is time you lose for your set. NOT an option. Usually I just spit on them and make fun of the fonts. How old ARE you anyway?

Jul 29, 2009 5:39 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Y

I'm old enough to know that if someone does this to the banner of another band they're playing with, "... spit on them and make fun of the fonts," that they're being childish.

Jul 29, 2009 10:55 AM ET #11 (permalink)

So then AP1 was right. You're 12. You've been avoiding that question for over a month now. Yes i'm childish. Are you going somewhere with that or are we done here?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum