"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

IRL Trolling: MU-style (Operation: Poke-her Face)

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> IRL Trolling: MU-style (Operation: Poke-her Face)

Displaying 21 posts
Displaying 21 posts
Apr 14, 2010 12:50 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Okay, so I've had some serious pondering sessions. I decided that for more or less therapeutic reasons I would listen to mind-dumbing pop music to numb my mind from various problems I've had lately. Since I've built up a tolerance to Lady Gaga (thanks to various youtube members/artists; i.e. Pallomember's mashups and bliix's rock/metal coverlines to Lady Gaga) I decided to pick her as my poison of choice. So after zoning out within the privacy and solitude of my iPod, I came up with an epic idea: TROLL LADY GAGA.

Now I don't mean on a /b/tard/Anonymous-type level. I mean in real life. Its very simple: Metalheads go in groups (dare I say, Legions) to her shows in your locale. Then you mosh to every song. I mean all-out moshing, like on a calibur only matched by Slayer. Even crowd-surfing and throw up the horns. Seriously.

Now, I know some of the qualms many of you will have with this idea:
1) You hate her music
2) You don't even know how you could gather the motivation to mosh to it
3) You don't want to pay for the tickets to do this
4) You're too "tr00" "br00tal" and "fr0st3d"
5) [Insert other reasons here] BAAAAWWWWWW ITS SO GAAAY!

On the other hand, optimistically speaking:
1) She's never had a pit at her shows, it would throw her off
2) If we achieve a moshpit threat level SLAYER, we could take credit for any possible deaths of her actual fans-I'm talking death tolls possibly in scores- if they're caught in a pit (Really, how long do you think a pop fan will last in a pit? Even metalheads who come prepared to mosh are still at risk. I estimate the risk to be tripled for non-metalheads).
3) She actually does have stage acts that would be pretty metal (fire, blood, that kinda stuff) and that doesn't include
4) the creepy undertones in some of her lyrics that would be appreciated in metal songs.
5) She also used to do Led Zeppelin covers before she went pop, and she dated the drummer of some metal band (didn't get the name of the drummer, or the name of said band, but hearsay is that it was a Metal drummer).
6) Link to back up the secret metalhead theory: http://www.metalinsider[dot]net[slash]secret-metalhead/lady-gaga-secret-metalhead

DISCUSS.

(This post was last edited on April 14, 2010 at 1:23 AM ET.)

Apr 14, 2010 12:57 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Come on, out with it. You have a crush on Lady Gaga.

Apr 14, 2010 1:01 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Who is Lady Gaga? What's your beef with her?

Apr 14, 2010 1:04 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Oh, lord. I made a mistake.

I decided to Google her name after making that post and I got an article about Lady Gaga being a hermaphrodite. WHAT THE F-

Haha and I asked "Whats your beef with her?". Should've asked "How big is your beef compared to hers?" HAHA.

(This post was last edited on April 14, 2010 at 1:04 AM ET.)

Apr 14, 2010 1:20 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Cynic: No, however I would hit it...After Alicia Keys.

Hollow: Seriously, the best comment EVER! And no, she's not a hermaphrodite

(This post was last edited on April 14, 2010 at 1:25 AM ET.)

Apr 14, 2010 2:24 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Maja Ivarsson >; Lady Gaga :P

On topic, interesting concept. Although, I doubt anyone will have the time to do something like that.

Apr 14, 2010 1:07 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I'm jealous of Hollow for not having heard of Lady Gaga until now.

Has anyone else seen Christopher Walken doing "Pokerface"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy5JwYOlgvY

Apr 14, 2010 2:51 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Ha. I remember when I was so lucky to not know who Lady Gaga was. And then she entered my awareness through someone on facebook I believe. I clicked an article just to discover what was with the sheer stupidty of that name. I wish I was blissfully unaware of her however, as of most other pop trash.

Apr 14, 2010 11:34 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I like the idea, but I couldn't tolerate giving Gaga money. I say we go all out and do it at an Enya concert.

Apr 16, 2010 2:43 PM ET #10 (permalink)

psythe: Is Enya still around? lol

On topic, though, I just couldn't do this. I don't have the time, money, or more importantly, motivation. I'd pee in her butt (haha), but I just can't stand her music. Sorry.

Apr 19, 2010 12:28 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Meh. Don't really have anything against her to be honest. Don't like the music, so I don't listen to it. Plus it was hard enough to get the money for a haircut today, let alone spending god knows how much on a ticket.

Apr 19, 2010 2:28 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Haha, me and my mates headbang everytime someone in the common room puts on a 50 cent =P I even start flailing my arms and do that whole mock-scenekid karate thing.

I actually want to go see a Lady Gaga gig. PAPAPOKAH FACE!

Apr 24, 2010 10:15 AM ET #13 (permalink)

Oh yeah psythe: I just downloaded an Enya album ("The Celts"). I remember my mom had this album. It had some listenable stuff (mostly because some of it has a depressive atmosphere).

May 3, 2010 4:57 AM ET #14 (permalink)

If Lady Gaga came to Shanghai, and if I could muster up enough people (they like her here...), I WOULD SO DO THIS. I hate her so much.

May 4, 2010 5:56 AM ET #15 (permalink)

My friends and I had this idea a few months ago. We were all gonna buy tickets, but then the concert was cancelled.

Jul 28, 2010 2:11 AM ET #16 (permalink)

I went and saw Taylor Swift, it was good. She is cute.

Aug 6, 2010 11:23 PM ET #17 (permalink)

i think justin bieber would be funnier. and more ppl hate him. like to see some stage diving on that shit

Aug 19, 2010 9:52 AM ET #18 (permalink)

I hate Niki Manaj more then I hate lady gaga. >;.>;

Oct 16, 2010 10:08 PM ET #19 (permalink)

XWigglesX are you kidding me? like for Efin real? Taylor Swift sings about how some dude left her cause he ain't want her stank tail lmao! and as for her being cute... ehhh it's a tap and leave kinda deal

Oct 16, 2010 10:46 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Haha Wiggles. You're awesome.

Oct 17, 2010 1:38 PM ET #21 (permalink)

agreed @ sylvainian hahaha she definately is a hit it and quit it kinda girl. Besides, once you fuck her over you get a song written about you. You fuck T swift as a nobody, and leave her as a famous person. Win!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum