"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Kick Ass Tour

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Kick Ass Tour

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 26 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 26 1 2 Last
Jul 22, 2009 12:19 AM ET #1 (permalink)

With no limits on who you can name off, let it out:
What bands would YOU want to see tour together?

Jul 22, 2009 1:06 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I like 3 band shows because honestly, I don't have the energy for more :) Here's a few combos I'd like to see. Bison B.C., Lazarus A.D. and Warbringer. Between the Buried and Me, Mastodon, and Opeth. Protest the Hero, 3 Inches of Blood, Iron Maiden. Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, and As I Lay Dying.

Jul 22, 2009 4:29 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Isis, Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Opeth and Tool would be a must see for me.

Many many others, but for right now that one would make me jiz.

Jul 23, 2009 4:20 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Sodom and Slayer, no doubt, with Ectomorf, maybe, although it`s sort of a big bite for them.

Jul 23, 2009 9:49 AM ET #5 (permalink)

cannibal corpse slayer mastadon lamb of god
kreator

Jul 23, 2009 12:06 PM ET #6 (permalink)

There's a few I'd love to see happen. But for me, just a few bands at a show is perfect. Too many and I get tired and I get a headache - I can't take my glasses in with me or they'd get destroyed.

Opeth and Porcupine Tree -- I'm sure you could throw in other bands that fit with these guys, but with just the two of them, they'd each get longer set times.

Kreator, Sodom, and Destruction -- These guys were rumored to tour together last year, but it never happened. I'd pay big money to see it.

Slayer, Exodus, and Warbringer -- These guys seem like a natural fit together, and it'd draw a lot of people to check out Warbringer.

Tool and Mastodon -- Their styles are a little different, but most people I know who are fans of one are fans of both.

Edit: I also think a Cannibal Corpse / Deicide tour would be pretty sweet; they were both a big part of the early 90's Florida death metal scene.

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 12:07 PM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 3:20 PM ET #7 (permalink)

A great show for me would be these bands in this order.

Headliners:
-Iron Maiden
-Children of Bodom
-Arch Enemy

Second Stage: (better moshing on Second Stage)
Pantera
Amon Amarth
ShadowsFall
Strapping Young Lad
Ministry
In Flames
Atreyu
Dillinger Escape Plan
Metalocalypse

Jul 23, 2009 4:56 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Led Zeppelin with no opening act at all \m/\m/

Jul 23, 2009 5:55 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Cash Scam festival

Jul 24, 2009 7:33 AM ET #10 (permalink)

think this year graspop
was my dream line up concert

yeah i know how you feel did loose my glasses in the past in the mosh pit
but now a days i am going in once a while
think i am getting to old

Jul 24, 2009 7:35 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, Behemoth, Gojira, Devildriver, Lamb of God, Slayer, Warbringer, Skeletonwitch, Kreator, Dimmu Borgir, Vital Remains, Deicide, Black Dahlia Murder, and Alestorm to wind down and drink to once I'm done moshing to every single one of those bands nonstop....

Jul 24, 2009 7:53 AM ET #12 (permalink)

Y

Headliners: King Diamond

Support: Watain

My two favorite bands. That would be perfect. Also, if there was no one but the bands and I, that would be extra perfect.

(This post was last edited on July 24, 2009 at 7:54 AM ET.)

Jul 24, 2009 10:54 AM ET #13 (permalink)

I am going to Mayhem tomorrow and the line-up is pretty brutal. My rating is 1-5 stars *****

::Headliners::
Slayer *****
Marilyn Manson **
Killswitch Engage ****
Bullet For My Valentine ***

::Second Stage::
Cannibal Corpse *****
Behemoth ***
Job for a Cowboy **
Black Dahlia Murder *****
Trivium ****
All That Remains ****
God Forbid ****
White Chapel ***

Jul 24, 2009 10:59 AM ET #14 (permalink)

How the fuck is Cannibal headlining the second stage? 3 of those bands could be headliners any day over fucking Cannibal.

Jul 26, 2009 9:16 PM ET #15 (permalink)

There's a pretty awesome tour happening in Japan later this year that has Exodus, Kreator and Heathen on it. I think Testament might be the fourth band on it, I can't remember. That'd be one to go to! Specially since I haven't seen Heathen before.

Something I'd really like to see is a co-headlining tour between a top metal act and a top Hip-Hop act like Anthrax and Public Enemy did in the early 90s (plus Ice T and Primus were support on that tour). La Coka Nostra would work well with a metal band I reckon, Necro and Obituary would go down quite well too. Cypress Hill and Korn perhaps? One can wonder.

Jul 31, 2009 11:43 AM ET #16 (permalink)

So many possibilities...
A reunited Refused, with Every Time I Die, a reunited Eighteen Visions, and Maylene & the Sons of Disaster as support. Yeahhh buddy.

OR, Trivium, The Arcane Order, Warbringer, and Firewind.

Nine Inch Nails with V.A.S.T. and Black Light Burns.

How about Soilwork, The Absence, Crocell, and Centaurus-A?

Limp Bizkit and POD?

Haha, I could go on and on.

Jul 31, 2009 12:33 PM ET #17 (permalink)

for me in the order :

_motley crue !
_guns'n'roses only with slash and duff
_sepultura
_pantera
_metallica
_slayer
and for the final
_megadeth

Jul 31, 2009 1:00 PM ET #18 (permalink)

BlindGreed1 (post #3) - There's not a building that could hold that 6 headed beast.

I'd pass out like a girl at a MJ concert.

Jul 31, 2009 1:13 PM ET #19 (permalink)

^ I see that counting is not one of your stronger attributes, lol.

Jul 31, 2009 1:29 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Are you telling me that "Porcupine" and "Tree" are not separate bands? j/k

That's what I get for posting on the clock. Always looking over my shoulder for "the man."

Jul 31, 2009 2:15 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Cozen: LMFAO!!! Agreed. That show would be so epic that people would commit suicide for missing it. This just in... A man trying to walk around the world today... Drowned. lol.

Jul 31, 2009 2:23 PM ET #22 (permalink)

In other news...police took a one armed man into custody today. Witnesses say he was apprehended because he was disturbing people by continously rowing circles in the local lake.

Back to you Skip.

Jul 31, 2009 2:30 PM ET #23 (permalink)

A recent scientific study carried out whilst driving to work, statistically proved that while driving, candidate A made the correct decision 100% of the time, whilst candidate B was more likely to be incorrect 100% of the time regardless of the opinion of any given passenger.

The controlled experiment was part of a series of research analyses carried out by The Smithian Institute in order to successfully demonstrate the superiority of candidate A over candidate B.

and now sports...

Jul 31, 2009 2:35 PM ET #24 (permalink)

In local sports news, a one armed man nearly broke the guiness book record for continuous water donuts until a few cops spoiled the fun...here's Tom with the weather.

Jul 31, 2009 3:32 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Actually, me and a group of friends were apprehended by a one-armed cop once. Apparently it was illegal for us to be riding four-wheelers around on country roads, lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum