"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

What the hell is Technocore?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> What the hell is Technocore?

Displaying 7 posts
Displaying 7 posts
Jul 21, 2009 11:46 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I saw mention og this genre recently(along with happycore, which I'm not even gonna get into) and I found a decent definition of it, that made it sound semi- interesting. Problem is, I cant seem to find a single band from the genre.

Anybody know of anything halfway decent from the style, so I can at least see if it's either the bee's knees, or the cats sacks?

Or hell, a definition from someone who actually knows what it is and not some wikipedia article would be nice.

Jul 22, 2009 12:28 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Well,you see Dustin,technocore has techno elements in it (probably the beat) & core elements (probably a producer & band members).

Jul 22, 2009 12:54 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Genghis Tron??

Jul 22, 2009 3:34 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Noooooo, Genghis Tron are -GOOD-

Technocore is the rubbish. And don't even get me started on that Happycore bullshit. Technocore is drum and bass (usually very simple d&b) with an average BPM of about 150, mixed with hardcore/punk style guitars and the general techno bleeping keyboards effects. Can also feature scratching, and the vocals are your typical rapping/shouting ala Corey Taylor type bollocks.

If you're a fan of Hardstyle and Hardcore you -MIGHT- enjoy Technocore, personally I think it's utter garbage. But then, I tend to enjoy the more progressive or psychadelic genres (eg psy trance, acid lounge, ambient d&b, etc).

The Forgetful Reagans are a big name in Technocore, other than that if you hear something that sounds basically like the nu-metal of electronica, you could probably label it technocore.

Jul 22, 2009 3:50 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Oh, and just to clarify; 160 BPM (Beats Per Minute) is considered pretty damn fast. Hardstyle/Technocore/etc tend to range from about 120 to 180 for the super crazy stuff. If you've ever seen anyone Melbourne Shuffle, they usually do it to Hardstyle.

If you're looking for Techno worth having, Basshunter is easy to listen to. It's very simple electronica, but not bad for what it is. If you're looking for anything worth having, Infected Mushroom are a huge name in the psytrance world, and with good reason. Check out their track 'Becoming Insane' for a good taste. The 8-minute song length allows for an awesome build up and that particular song has a kick-arse climax :)

Jul 22, 2009 1:57 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I thought the D&B stuff was called jungle? I can't stand that stuff anyway. Makes me ponder if perhaps I wandered into a gay bar. lol.

Jul 22, 2009 9:13 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Some of it is. Think of it the same way as you would metal; there's not just metal, there's thrash and death and black and nu and speed and power and so on so forth. And then within those there is a lot of crossing over and mixing up and sometimes you even get a band doing something completely different with their genre. It's the same with electronica, d&b, psy, techno, nu-breaks, hardstyle, etc. Some artists do the obvious, some do the obvious well, some mix the obvious with something not so obvious and some take the obvious, chuck it out the window, and change shit up. Just depends on the artist you're hearing.

Also, please don't take anything you hear in clubs as a representative of actual d&b etc. There are a LOT of bad DJs out there that clubs will hire because they have no clue themselves lol

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum