"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Orphaned Land

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Orphaned Land

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Apr 3, 2010 12:34 AM ET #1 (permalink)

anybody else like this band? I think they're awesome. Trying to help end the israili palistinian conflict through metal is pretty win, and the music is great \m/

Apr 3, 2010 9:51 AM ET #2 (permalink)

i've heard of them but i never listened, who do they sound like?

Apr 3, 2010 10:15 AM ET #3 (permalink)

pretty much progessive metal, but middle eastern. They have a nice sound and a good mix of harsh and clean vocals

Apr 3, 2010 3:15 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I havent heard them yet either but Ive read like 4 or 5 articles about them and they seem pretty interesting. Ill have to check them out.

Apr 4, 2010 5:27 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Orphaned Land...i like a LOT, guess just taste...they're music involves Oriental Folks and Abrahamic Religions in a great form...they're first work are amazing cos the mixture of Doom/Death like Sahara, or El Norra Alila ...the last one is great too!

Apr 9, 2010 9:50 AM ET #6 (permalink)

According to metal-archives.com is this one their whole discography:

The Beloved's Cry Demo, 1993
Sahara Full-length, 1994
El Norra Alila Full-length, 1996
The Calm Before the Flood EP, 2004
Mabool Full-length, 2004
Sentenced / Orphaned Land Split, 2005
Ararat EP, 2005
Sapari Single, 2009
The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR Full-length, 2010

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum