"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Nergal Behemoth

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Nergal Behemoth

Displaying 9 posts
Displaying 9 posts
Apr 2, 2010 8:39 PM ET #1 (permalink)

im just saying how pissed i am at polish law imprisoning nergal from behemoth. I hope he doesnt go to jail before their australian tour on april 16 with GOATWHORE!!!

Apr 3, 2010 12:33 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I've been trying to find more shit about that. Was he convicted or not yet?

Apr 3, 2010 3:13 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I dony know if he was convicted yet or not but I agree with Hilzzv. Im super pissed about it and the Polish government is supressing free speech and artistic vision again.

On a similar note, has anyone seen Gorgoroth's dvd "Black Mass Krakow"? Noone got convicted of anything and that concert was WAAAY worse than what Nergal did.

Apr 4, 2010 12:53 AM ET #4 (permalink)

I saw that, and it wasn't TOO bad. The people were volunteers, and most of them were taken down before the end of the show anyway...but yeah, it was way worse, and they also tried to convict them and the police confiscated the footage at first

Apr 4, 2010 6:51 AM ET #5 (permalink)

i have no idea whats going on with that, though i wish i did. sux if he does get the time

Apr 4, 2010 9:17 AM ET #6 (permalink)

If he were convicted & sentenced to do time, I'm sure it would be headline news on just about every Metal site on the web within minutes-- so if people are asking "has he been sentenced yet?" the answer is almost certainly "no."

I think that so far he's only been indited; I don't think a trial date has even been set yet. (I think that there's a good chance this never even goes to trial, and it's very very unlikely that he actually gets sentenced to do time. The main point of this exercise was so that politicians could hurumph and pander to their base by making a stink; actually following through will likely be too much effort for them.)

But yeah, dumb law. It was one of millions of identical copies of a mass-produced book; he wasn't actually *destroying* anything.

Apr 4, 2010 12:45 PM ET #7 (permalink)

You're totally right Lijemo. I dont think it will go any further than where its at now but there is always a chance for someone not pulling the political/religious stick out of their asses. You know?

Also, it was one identical copy out of a million-billion printed bibles. Its not like he stole the original out of a museum and burned it. So, good points Lijemo! Cheers.

Apr 4, 2010 5:16 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Polish with Nergal have Been considerate a few...
Break a text like a bible just implies freedom of Expression...if the Christian want to be offend by this stuff,..they're have a serious problem...
I mean the argue bible is a religious and holy symbol...but, why is it for sales in the book store?
They're really should worry about these pedophilia reverends instead this expression of art ..just Metal

Apr 4, 2010 9:46 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I have to agree with Cruztitucion and MeggidaanSummit. In all reality, we have a
right to the freedom of expression. There is a massive difference between the
destruction of the catholic bible that can be found in almost every bookstore and
the quote-on-quote "original" bible. People really need to get over the fact that
not everyone is going to support and/or believe in what you do.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum