"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

GOA TRANCE

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> GOA TRANCE

Displaying 20 posts
Displaying 20 posts
Mar 28, 2010 8:40 PM ET #1 (permalink)

WARP BROTHERS, INFECTED MUSHROOM, 1200 MICROGRAMS, DJ SKAZI, TALAMASCA. those are my fave goa trance artists. any other goa freaks around?!

Mar 30, 2010 8:17 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Yeah, I love Goa. I'm more into the chilled stuff at the moment (like Spiralsystem, Electrosun, O.T.T., Chilled C'Quence etc) but check out POPstream, Audiotec, and Protoculture if you want some good dancy trance. Son of the Electric Ghost is pretty good too. And Tom Cosm is brilliant if you can get into all forms of electronic music.

{@}.{@}

Mar 30, 2010 11:37 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I can listen to some Hard House from time to time. I do not like the piano-y style trance. I like more treble sounds over bass sounds in my techno/trance. But every song needs a good beat to groove to!

I am looking up those artists that you mentioned. Ill let ya know what I think of them.

Mar 30, 2010 11:43 PM ET #4 (permalink)

have some protoculture and electorsun d/l now........

Mar 31, 2010 12:23 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Protoculture is fkn whacked out!! The beat is the speed I love, just an itty bitty tid bit too much of organ-ish sound. Love it though! Great beat and excellent trippy grooves!!!

Apr 1, 2010 12:55 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Yeah dude they're good. Trust me on POPstream, I went wild with those guys for a few months, quality stuff. Just recently discovered Audiotec, so they're my current fav.

Edit: Haven't actually heard Talamasca before, what are they like?

(This post was last edited on April 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM ET.)

Apr 1, 2010 10:08 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Talamasca has different styles. For instance, their Zodiac album, has different styles in each song, yet same style, if that makes sense?!

Apr 4, 2010 8:03 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Hahah yeah I get ya. Cool dude. What I really love is when they mix in some of that Indian/Middle Eastern chanting/singing/wailing type stuff, don't find it too often - as I said tho, I'm into the more laid back stuff at the moment, I'm beginning to listen to psy that explores a soundscape rather than psy that makes you stomp. Not that I don't still enjoy the latter :)

Apr 4, 2010 10:30 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Then check out dj skazi, talamasca (zodiac album), gms, infected mushroom! they should have stuff you can groove to!

Apr 5, 2010 2:27 AM ET #10 (permalink)

I prefer Shpongle to Infected Mushroom, personally.

Apr 5, 2010 10:24 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Sphongle is pretty fkn good stuff!!

Apr 20, 2010 10:50 AM ET #12 (permalink)

i'm not too good w/ techno genres and such and such so i apologize branded ahead of time lol idk if i even should be mentioning these groups since idk if they would even belong here being mentioned in the first place but i like the prodigy, the qemists, pendulum (whenever there's vox in a song), combichrist, basically i like the techno groups that mix it up w/ funk, drum n' bass and/or rock-oriented. and i at least need some vox. i don't mind some trance like tiesto and some house music's pretty good but only for parties and shit.

Apr 20, 2010 8:29 PM ET #13 (permalink)

COMBICHRIST!!!!! They have some good ones as well!

Today I Woke To The Rain Of Blood is my fave by them!!

Aug 7, 2010 6:23 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Space Tribe!! Just found out about them. Trippy fkn stuff!!!

Aug 9, 2010 10:05 AM ET #15 (permalink)

my fav by combichrist is "sent to destroy". blast that shit in my car with the bass.

Aug 9, 2010 11:45 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Ever heard of Sheep On Drugs? They are what got me into trance back in the late 90s

Aug 9, 2010 6:21 PM ET #17 (permalink)

naw but i'll cheked them out tho.

Aug 17, 2010 8:34 AM ET #18 (permalink)

Word to the wise: Vibe Tribe.

Aug 17, 2010 8:41 AM ET #19 (permalink)

IM d/l some of their stuff now psythe, ill let ya know what i think about it.................

Aug 20, 2010 9:28 AM ET #20 (permalink)

Vibe Tribe uses just a tid bit too much keyboard sounds, but its not too bad overall.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum