"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hardcore Techno

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Hardcore Techno

Displaying 15 posts
Displaying 15 posts
Mar 27, 2010 7:37 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Awesome or not?

Mar 28, 2010 1:13 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Not

Mar 28, 2010 9:57 AM ET #3 (permalink)

If its genghis tron then yeah, awesome. Other than that, hardcore and techno are the ingredients for a whole mess of terrible music. Fuck that ill pass

Mar 30, 2010 8:26 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I'm big on my electro music and even I have to say yeah, no. Hardstyle (which is what hardcore techno is generally called) is basically the nu-metal of electronica. It's too invariable in volume, very simple in song structure, very short, very boring, rarely elevates the consciousness and only really works if you're planning on hitting your local nightclub for a big night of cocaine, melbourne shuffling and molesting questionably-aged girls.

Edit: Genghis Tron, on the other hand, is the shit.

(This post was last edited on March 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM ET.)

Mar 30, 2010 11:40 PM ET #5 (permalink)

"hitting your local nightclub for a big night of cocaine, melbourne shuffling and molesting questionably-aged girls"
I thought that's what techo and rave music was all about?

Apr 1, 2010 12:56 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Only the rubbish techno and rave music my friend. There's good stuff out there that actually has value as a music form in itself.

Apr 1, 2010 10:15 AM ET #7 (permalink)

I quit going to raves due to the younger kids showing up and acting all stupid. It went from being fun and spiritual to having scene kid posers trying to dance and make fools of themselves. However, I did enjoy seeing all the scantily clad women on the dance floor shaking their a$$es!!!

Apr 4, 2010 7:57 AM ET #8 (permalink)

^Hoh man, I know -EXACTLY- what you mean about the rave scene changing hey, fuckin' ridiculous. Used to be out good vibes, now it's about drugs and rape. Shakespearean tragedy at its finest.

Apr 25, 2010 12:24 AM ET #9 (permalink)

Are raves even held anymore?! It seems they have faded from the mianstream back into the underground! And thats not a bad thing!!

Apr 26, 2010 1:29 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Never given it a listen before. So what is it, hardcore electronic dance music? So is it for a club where people do hardcore dancing. In that case, I don't like hardcore dancing.

Apr 26, 2010 10:41 AM ET #11 (permalink)

It has absolutely no relation to Hardcore Metal. It is hard, fast beats to get people dancing, but in different styles from the gay ass hardcore wannabe ninjas!! Some of it is too fast and hard for me, but quite a bit of it is good.

Dec 18, 2010 2:58 PM ET #12 (permalink)

When I think of "hardcore techno" I think of not only hardstyle but dubstep. I personally love dubstep.

Jan 1, 2011 7:30 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Ghengis Tron are so fucking bad, they couldnt even hold their shit together live. And yet all the hipsters were loving it.

"hitting your local nightclub for a big night of cocaine, melbourne shuffling and molesting questionably-aged girls"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH x906,965,094,001

Jan 7, 2011 9:36 AM ET #14 (permalink)

LMFAO!!! @ the same phrase everyone else has been LOL too.

"hardcore techno" = the qemists?? 0.o

if so, then yes.

Aug 31, 2011 7:29 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Clearly people here aren't familiar with some great speedcore and spittercore stuff. Check out some CKomprex and Diabarha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXWZLVMbum8

(This post was last edited on August 31, 2011 at 7:30 PM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum