"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

is there any necessity to feel the depth of the doom by only using drugs

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> is there any necessity to feel the depth of the doom by only using drugs

Displaying 17 posts
Displaying 17 posts
Mar 26, 2010 2:28 AM ET #1 (permalink)

it is that maximum the depth of the doom can be felt by using some of the hardcore drugs and i think i also really find the altitude of the doom by the catalyst using drugs and i think that it is only the psychological aspects that i only have or thet all the one who tastes the doom uses the drugs.................

Mar 26, 2010 6:23 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Duh. It's like saying "Do I have to stroke my cock to jack off?"

Mar 26, 2010 6:31 AM ET #3 (permalink)

*shrug* I love Doom, but have no interest in drugs.

Of course, that means I can't give a with/without comparison, so maybe I'm missing out spectacularly by not trying "with". But I'm still able to thoroughly enjoy Doom without drugs, so I'm not going to worry about it.

(metaphoes: how badly baked were you when you wrote that run-on sentence? X^D)

Mar 26, 2010 8:39 AM ET #4 (permalink)

i'd have to ask the same thing lijemo asked ;p

Mar 26, 2010 6:47 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I love doom I love some drugs IE acid, sometimes weed. but I dont need drugs to enjoy doom. But thats just me.

Mar 26, 2010 7:13 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I love acid, don't do it much anymore cuz I kinda went overboard during high school. But that shit is crazy man, I used to do like three hits then go skateboard, skating on acid is tight!!!!!!

Mar 26, 2010 8:19 PM ET #7 (permalink)

^^^^
Hells yea it is. Too bad I only know 2 people in my school that drop acid. Every one is afraid of it.

Mar 27, 2010 1:46 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Not to offend anyone, but thats fuckin stupid. You shouldnt need drugs to fully enjoy a song or band. The music should stand by itself. If you have to alter your perception of reality in order to appreciate something, how can you honestly claim that the music youre listening to is legitametly good? Sabbath, type o, trouble, yob, all great bands without any usage of drugs. Saying that, i dont care what drugs anyone does. Im a casual weed smoker and a heavy alchoholic. I dont have any room to talk on abuse, i just dont think music should be judged on your altered and deadened senses. Defeats the point of enjoying music in my opinion

Mar 27, 2010 4:00 AM ET #9 (permalink)

I think Doom Metal is awesome, but I don't take drugs.

Also, how do you get a display picture on this site? Just like Nekromaniac has the Municipal Waste one.

Mar 27, 2010 4:58 AM ET #10 (permalink)

^Go to gravatar.com dude, you should be ably to figure it out from there

Mar 27, 2010 7:25 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Believe it or not, one of the things that most worried me when I decided to give up dope was whether the music would still sound as good. The greater part of my life was spent listening to music stoned, especially psychedelic/prog stuff (Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream), Bowie/Eno, lots of that sort of thing. I didnt want to lose the feeling you get when you're off your nut and you really lose yourself in the music. And now I get just as much out of my music straight. Thank fuck.

Mar 27, 2010 10:24 AM ET #12 (permalink)

I agree with ya blade. When I stopped smoking weed the ONLY thing I was worried about was if metal would still feel the same. And it does...of course getting stoned will enhance certain cds but not enough to make a huge difference.

Way off topic: Formula One in Australia this weekend Blade. Its one of the most exciting races in F1.

Mar 28, 2010 5:55 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Hi MS: yeh, I was there yesterday, in a corporate box at the first chicane! My first Grand Prix, and as loud as a metal concert!!!

Mar 29, 2010 3:09 PM ET #14 (permalink)

i have always wanted to try acid. I'm just afraid I might have a bad trip

Mar 29, 2010 7:58 PM ET #15 (permalink)

That is soo fuckin cool Blade! I have always wanted to go to an F1 race. I like watching it on tv but to be there listening to those amazing engines would be killer! im a bit jealous....haha

Mar 30, 2010 11:44 PM ET #16 (permalink)

thrasher94: In my experience with acid, bad trips are a myth. You kinda got to make yourself have fun with it, or ummm......... hard to explain to be quite honest, acid is the sweet though, just don't do it too much, learned that the hard way.

Apr 1, 2010 1:37 PM ET #17 (permalink)

it's not required...
Music and drugs....could be so close lately in 70's
maybe for some reason to various artists, and some users, you're interest in this thread.
personally I like to smoke joints and listen some stuffs, like Sleep, Reverend Bizarre or Electric Wizard...I don't know, I enjoy listening some apocalyptic or passionate tales perceptually affected by Marijuana...but That's just men, Maybe I'm doing some wrong,..lol

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum