"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Exodus or Overkill?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Exodus or Overkill?

Displaying posts 26 - 33 of 33 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 33 of 33 1 2 Last
Apr 12, 2010 9:47 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Cynic - This username will be my permanent one from now on. How's the Thrash scene in NZ, man?

Spag Mo - Well, not quite... I can't put Canadian Thrash over German Thrash.

Apr 12, 2010 11:44 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Crionics - I like it! New Zealand thrash is ZERO. If a kiwi tries and tells you there's thrash here he's lying haha. That's said there's actually quite a lot of stoner doom metal bands around even in my small area. I'm hoping to get my project off the ground some time and join it, thoughs with a more trad/gothic doom sound. How goes your band/writing?

Apr 13, 2010 2:51 AM ET #28 (permalink)

Yeah true, Kreator pretty much stomps anything from Canada. But still though, SACRIFICE!!!!!!!! \m/

Apr 14, 2010 3:07 AM ET #29 (permalink)

Cynic - Wow, I take it not many people there are interested in the genre? As for your project, let me know when you surface a few tracks online. My band is doing alright. We are currently working on a new song (drawing heavy influence from early Sepultura/Death). We should have a few tracks up in the following months. Thank you for your interest!

Spag Mo - Torment In Fire!

Apr 14, 2010 4:41 AM ET #30 (permalink)

Oh people love thrash here, it's just there's so many bogans that have favourite bands as Tool/Metallica/Pantera that everyone trying to be thrash comes out as some melodic death/groove metal thing. Can't go wrong with those influences! A lot of people talk about technical metal, but in terms of how difficult stuff is to play I've always thought Sepultura is way up there. Everything is just so damn fast and constant, you need an arm of steel to make it through a song. Will do, I've got them all laid out in MIDI at the moment just need to find some time to write drum tracks and vocal lines for them.

Apr 22, 2010 3:30 PM ET #31 (permalink)

I completely understand what you're saying. That tends to happen when too many elements are mixed in together. The initial sound gets desecrated and converted into a whole different style which is usually miles away from the designated sound. I'm not against the idea of having variety in music, it's just that too much of it kind of spoils everything. Oh man, you've got to love Sepultura's rapid complexity! Their early albums simply expectorate gallons of flammable riffage!

Apr 27, 2010 4:38 PM ET #32 (permalink)

First of all, Exodus >; overkill both great bands though.

Second of all, how did this forum get so off topic :P.

also, exhorder >; pantera
coroner & exumer >; metallica, megadeth, anthrax, and slayer
exumer >; coroner

finally, bsb >; melodic death (yes boy bands are better than mellodic death and yes i'm a jerk!)

Apr 29, 2010 6:59 PM ET #33 (permalink)

EXODUS, SLAYER, PANTERA, without question. Oh and "metalgeddon"? It's what we do here... Whatever the fuck we please.

Crionics: I hate it when you do this...

(This post was last edited on April 29, 2010 at 7:04 PM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum