"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Exodus or Overkill?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Exodus or Overkill?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 33 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 33 1 2 Last
Mar 25, 2010 11:16 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I can't decide... I love them both.

Mar 25, 2010 11:54 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Dude i totally agree but something about "The Toxic Waltz" drives me crazy man so..... i guess imma say Exodus

Mar 25, 2010 2:01 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Different bands in terms of style, scene, influences and the way both progressed but I LOVE em both.

ROTTEN!!! TO!! THE CORE!!
*badass riff*

and no one can forget
IF YOUVE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY THEN COME MY WAY
IM GUARDED BY SATAN AND IM RIDING ON A BAPH-O-MEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*neckbrace required*

Both are awesome, I love all albums of both bands. <;3 <;3 <;3 <;3 <;3 (<;--- yes that was necessary.)

Mar 25, 2010 4:22 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I do love Overkill's first album, but overall it's definitely Exodus for me.

Mar 25, 2010 4:33 PM ET #5 (permalink)

do love both bands but have to say exodus

Mar 25, 2010 5:08 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Exodus all the way for me, Overkill is sick but nothing from their catalogue compares to Pleasures Of The Flesh or Fabulous Disaster, thats right, I like those albums better than Bonded By Blood.

Mar 25, 2010 5:21 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I saw both bands for the first time on the same night last year and they were both excellent. Will say Exodus though because I like their style more.

Mar 25, 2010 9:22 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Exodus all the way. But I do enjoy some Overkill

Mar 26, 2010 3:31 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I just got the Immortalis album from Overkill... I'm really liking it. Definately need to get get more Overkill and for that matter, Exodus.

Mar 26, 2010 6:43 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Overkill because... Just because.

Mar 26, 2010 7:15 PM ET #11 (permalink)

NEW QUESTION: Slayer or Megadeth?

I'm pickin' Slayer

Mar 27, 2010 12:30 AM ET #12 (permalink)

Exodus!!

spagmo, megadeth >; slayer!!!

Mar 27, 2010 7:42 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Overkill. Could never get past the vox in Exodus although I like Zetro in Tenet

Mar 28, 2010 10:01 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Dude thats like asking me to choose between pussy and mouth. Cant do it.

Mar 30, 2010 2:06 AM ET #15 (permalink)

Sepultura!!!

Mar 30, 2010 7:35 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Slayer.

Sepultura or Pantera?

Mar 30, 2010 5:51 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Huh, Pantera or Sep? That would depend on the album for me. I would take Arise or Beneath The Remains over Far Beyond Driven any day, although I would take any Pantera album over anything past Roots. The Great Southern Trendkill and Chaos A.D. would probably be a tie for me (my two favorite albums from these bands). It really depends on my mood which of these two bands I like better, but I'm gonna say early Sepultura takes it just cuz I've grown rather tired of Pantera after all these years. Good choice though.

Apr 1, 2010 5:24 PM ET #18 (permalink)

This is a tough one because they are both legendary and overall very talented bands. I would say Overkill though but only for the reason that I like their style more.

Apr 1, 2010 5:41 PM ET #19 (permalink)

@Spaghetti_Motel ...I think Bonded by Blood from Exodus is better than this you mentioned...is more classic and catch the real sound about this great band...maybe I prefer the older material about both bands...about Overkill,..Taking over is a Masterpiece!

OVERKILL!!

Pantera or Sepultura?
Sepultura (Old)

(This post was last edited on April 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM ET.)

Apr 3, 2010 3:06 AM ET #20 (permalink)

Nah, not to me dude. Bonded By Blood is classic, not doubts there, but I prefer Zetro over Baloff and just generally like the riffs from Pleasures and Fabulous Disaster better. Just me though.

Apr 3, 2010 7:34 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Exodus>;Overkill
Slayer>;Megadeth
Pantera>;Sepultra

Apr 10, 2010 5:46 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Overkill without Bobby Gustafson is not as good, even if Irounbound is cool. So Exodus!

Apr 10, 2010 6:00 AM ET #23 (permalink)

Overkill >; Exodus
Slayer >; Megadeth
Sepultura >; Pantera

...and finally

Razor >; All of the above

Apr 10, 2010 9:53 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Lol ^^ As soon as I saw that post I thought, hmm has SHREDDER changed his name again? \m/

Apr 11, 2010 9:14 PM ET #25 (permalink)

^^Yeah Yeah, props to Crionics, Canadian thrash over all else!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum