"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Fuckin canada and their shenanigans...

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Fuckin canada and their shenanigans...

Displaying 15 posts
Displaying 15 posts
Mar 22, 2010 12:01 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I was skimming thru the thread on into eternity and realized "wow, canada has been on the grind pumping out awesome metal these days" the agonist, augury, and kataklysm spring immediatly to mind. so as a filthy ignorant american, i ask what else have you silly kanucks thrown our way that ive missed? It can be some new but ignored gem like augury or an oldie that noone knows is canadian like voivod, i dont care just let me hear em!

(This post was last edited on March 22, 2010 at 12:09 PM ET.)

Mar 22, 2010 4:02 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Have you checked out Martyr?

Mar 22, 2010 5:09 PM ET #3 (permalink)

gas masks, Pamela Anderson is from Canada i heard, Rush (obvi), Devin Townsend, Cancer Bats, and Keanu Reeves =P thats all i can think of

Edit: oh and Putine (french fries, cheese curds and gravy)

(This post was last edited on March 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM ET.)

Mar 22, 2010 5:18 PM ET #4 (permalink)

^yeah we've also got Beavers, lumberjacks, mounties, maple syrup, moose and a shit load of trees and not a lot of people.

Well where to start, Annihilator, Razor, Exciter, 3 Inches Of Blood, Bison bc, Despised Icon, Beneath The Massacre, A Perfect Murder (broken up), Cryptopsy, Infernal Majesty, Sacrifice, Deamon, Gorguts, Tyrants Blood, Neuraxis, and a few locals from my hometown Nemesis, Minotaur, Sanctuary and Kung Fu Aliens. There ya go bud.

(This post was last edited on March 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM ET.)

Mar 22, 2010 5:35 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I cannot wait to hear Gorguts new album. They are the bench setters.

Mar 22, 2010 6:23 PM ET #6 (permalink)

SM: yeah but theres also more Bald Eagles in British Columbia than there are in all of the 50 States of American put together

Mar 22, 2010 9:17 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Ryan Reynolds and Chris Farley are from Canada also. I cant think of anymore bands than whats been said. And oh yea, Devin Townsend is the shit. I will shamelessly promote him to the day I die for sure!!

Mar 22, 2010 10:08 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Acheron and Priestess are the only two bands that I can think of that have not been said yet.

Mar 22, 2010 10:08 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Cryptopsy also came to mind

(This post was last edited on March 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM ET.)

Mar 23, 2010 5:10 PM ET #10 (permalink)

http://www.bnrmetal.com/v2/allbands.php?country=ca&genre=

theres a list of 98 Canadian bands

my recomendations:
Electro Quarterstaff
Malhavoc
Mastery
Woods Of Ypres

(This post was last edited on March 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM ET.)

Mar 23, 2010 7:19 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Here is a list of a few Canadian bands I listen to. Quoted from the other thread about Canadian Metal bands here on Metal Underground.

These are just to name a few.
Anonymus, Agury, Beneath The Massacre, Cryptik Howling, Deamon, Into Eternity, Martyr, The Agonist, The End, Threat Signal, Unexpect & Voivod.

Mar 23, 2010 8:52 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Fuck the Facts Is a really good grindcore band from canada.

Mar 23, 2010 9:18 PM ET #13 (permalink)

CoHace: Yeah but that's because Bald Eagles are smart and they know where it's at. What about Alaska, I live about an hour from the border and every time I go hunting or fishing there I always see way more Bald Eagles.

Mar 23, 2010 9:21 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Fuck the facts is from canada? I always thought of them as european grind for some reason...oh well u know what they say knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle! what type of metal is martyr by the way? Im on my phone otherwise i would check them out right now my damn self lol

Mar 23, 2010 9:29 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Technical death - they're the band The Faceless/Obscura is trying to be imo - "Warp Zone" is their best.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum