"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

anvil

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> anvil

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Jul 19, 2009 7:20 AM ET #1 (permalink)

just seen the movie about anvil
and this is one of my fav metal bands
do think a must for any metal band

but why did they never made it to the big metal sceene

movie a must see dvd for any metal freak

Jul 19, 2009 11:17 AM ET #2 (permalink)

i think they never made it big because of poor management. they are apparently pretty popular in japan and other far east places, so their management should have focused selling albums there. I also think 'Lips' never figured out what to do once they got a bit popular, and figured the music would carry the band, but that isn't usually the case.

Jul 19, 2009 4:36 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Similar to what I posted in response to Oz and why some UK metal bands are not well recognized, I think they were not in the place where the scene itself was big. It's harder to get word of mouth going when you're not where the scene is at, where the people appreciate your style the most. And yeah, poor job of management/promotion on top of that probably. 20 years later, the word of mouth seems to have spread finally...

Jul 19, 2009 4:49 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Most likely because Anvil sucked 20 years ago.Come on!!
Let it rest.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum