"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Profiles

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Profiles

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Mar 16, 2010 11:43 PM ET #1 (permalink)

i don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but i know i would be a lot more willing to use my public profile (rather than have a private one) if you didn't have to tell what city and/or state you live in. could you make that part optional information for public profiles?

Mar 17, 2010 12:24 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Yeah, I could do that. Give me a few days and thanks for the suggestion.

Mar 17, 2010 7:38 PM ET #3 (permalink)

thanks a bunch

Mar 17, 2010 8:44 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Are you sure city and state are required? They are not on my development site. But I need to show which fields are required more clearly.

Mar 17, 2010 9:54 PM ET #5 (permalink)

when i signed up, under the option for public profiles there were several fields (such as first name, last name, city, state, etc.) that had "required" written in red next to the individual text box. i assumed it would be one of those deals where it won't let you have a public profile unless you fill in everything marked "required." however, i just tried it a few minutes ago and it let me post a public profile without adding city and state, so maybe not... *shrug* still, thanks for listening!

Mar 17, 2010 10:13 PM ET #6 (permalink)

OK, cool. Thanks for the feedback - I will revist those pages and make sure they are correct still. I'm always logged in, so I don't even see them anymore, so the feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum