"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

NYHC Documentary

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> NYHC Documentary

Displaying 10 posts
Displaying 10 posts
Mar 16, 2010 6:35 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Anyone else seen this documentary on New York Hardcore? It's well worth checking out. Madball's on there as well as Roger Miret from Agnostic Front and Jimmy Gestapo from Murphy's Law. Some other really cool bands on there like District 9, Crown Of Thornz and No Redeeming Social Value.

Mar 16, 2010 3:55 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Yeah man I've seen that shit, its pretty cool. I thought It was kinda funny seeing so many dudes in the scene like Jon Joseph who are followers of "krishna" or whatever. That dude from 25talife is pretty rad too, the one with the big dreads and all the tats.

Mar 16, 2010 10:57 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Yeah Rick ta Life seems like a cool guy. Did alot for bands by promoting their records. I like Lord Ezec too, or Danny Diablo as he calls himself now.

Mar 27, 2010 12:59 AM ET #4 (permalink)

I can't find a good torrent of it and it's impossible for me to buy it, haha.

Lord Ezec/DD is cool, but extremely overrated TBH. Crown of Thornz wasn't that special.

Mar 27, 2010 5:00 AM ET #5 (permalink)

I think Crown Of Thorns kinda sucked too, not big on District 9 either.

Jul 18, 2010 9:56 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I brought it from Resist Records in Australia, if you can find it in this country it should be easy to find everywhere else.

It's a shame that it didn't have bands like SOIA interviewed, that would have been great.

Jul 20, 2010 8:35 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Yeah, they said on the DVD that they didn't know if Sick Of It All would do it because they were on a major label and stuff at the time, and Lou Koller said they were pissed off they weren't invited. Such is life. At least they interviewed Lou for the DVD extras.

Jul 20, 2010 9:45 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I never heard that when I watched it, in the extras mabe? I haven't watched them yet.

Jul 21, 2010 3:28 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Yeah they talk about it on the second disc. There's an interview with Lou Koller as well as new interviews with alot of people that were in the doc like Freddy Madball, Roger Miret, Lord Ezec etc.

Jul 23, 2010 3:54 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Man how intense is the story about Ezec (I think) and some other guy thinking they killed someone. Man

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum