"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Guys we all come from the same place!!

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Guys we all come from the same place!!

Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 150 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 150 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Aug 29, 2010 7:55 PM ET #101 (permalink)

From what I know and have heard about American Hardcore it involves lots of violence, crews and other fuck ups.

Aug 29, 2010 8:41 PM ET #102 (permalink)

yea, they can run around in groups and attack people, but thats everywhere in the world though.

Sep 2, 2010 4:18 PM ET #103 (permalink)

i think i came out of my mothers pussy
amazed by it

Sep 3, 2010 1:22 PM ET #104 (permalink)

okk well I'm a core kinda guy and I've been seeing a lot of common misconceptions and generalizations made about us on this thread. Now I'm not going to whine and be like "stop hating wah" because, i don't really care what you guys think, it's the interwebz, lolz.

I won't preach. This is my opinion.

I for one, along with all of the guys I go to shows with, do not have girl haircuts, we don't go into the pit to pick on people, etc. Moshing is supposed to be fun. You're basically responsible of keeping yourself safe and protecting your zone. The only time you really make contact with someone else is if you get pushed from behind or they come into your zone cuz they're bouncing around the pit. and you only get that one guy who comes after people every once in a while. I have been to a lot of 'core shows where the vibe was better then at a "true" metal show, where you have a bunch of drunk 40 year olds in leather jackets hugging each other in the pits. yep. brootull.

I listened to slayer, megadeth, carcass, and death before I listened to core. You all listen to slayer megadeth carcass and death. You know what that means right? I'm from the same musical background as you. I come from the same place, niggahzzzzzzzZZZZzz

np: Carnifex- Sorrowspell

Sep 3, 2010 5:50 PM ET #105 (permalink)

""You know what that means right? I'm from the same musical background as you. I come from the same place, niggahzzzzzzzZZZZzz""

::sounding like Cartman:: who u callin nigahz? this is not wanksta homie g dog turf around here!!

Sep 3, 2010 7:54 PM ET #106 (permalink)

YOU may not represent those sterotypes. Your friends, and your local scene may not represent that scene, but trust me, i went to summer slaughter last year... theres a reason those stereotypes exist. I made the mistake of wearing a bright blue tshirt to the show thinking it would be funny to walk into the middle of a buncha black t shirt metalheads. Little did i realize that i fit right in... the metalheads there were constantly trying to kick my ass untill they saw me moshing my brains out to origin and they finally got the point that i was there for the death metal bands(suffocation, dying fetus, necrophagist and origin) and they started leaving me alone. Not that it mattered much, i could barely mosh to the bands i came for because the pit was so overflowing with idiotic hardcore dancers that even the people leaning up against the stage were getting punched in the back of the head by wild swinging hellicopter fists. So excuse the people who prefer non-core metal, theres a reason.

Sep 4, 2010 12:48 AM ET #107 (permalink)

it just depends on your mood, when im in a happy pagan land where everyone is witches and evil, then i listen to more traditional style metal, but when the real world hits you, like getting a fucking parking ticket, i have to listen to some angry core music, i like walls of jericho

Sep 4, 2010 2:19 PM ET #108 (permalink)

!!! I apologize in advance for this rant !!!

The way I see it is these old guys who've been listening to the music since they were our age feel threatened by this new scene of music. But as much as they hate it, it's integrated itself into the metal scene whether they choose to accept it or not.
Carnifex shares the stage on summer slaughter with Decapitated.
"wahh too many breakdowns". Of course a breakdown is going to sound the same to you everytime if you only think of it as a part in the song where its just heavy as fuck with open notes. Deathcore, LIKE DEATHMETAL, is all about patterns. While some bands might not write intricate guitar parts (ex: suicide silence) there are plenty of core bands who have amazing musicianship (ex: The Faceless, Carnifex, etc).

Thrash was popular in the 80's.
Nu metal in the 90's
core in the 00's.
It's 2010 now. With the turn of the decade, who knows where the metal scene is going to turn next.

The point is that music changes. If every metal band wrote the same type of shit, it'd be a pretty fucking boring genre don't you think?(but then again a lot of these old farts choose to only listen to the cookie cutter shit with no deviations. "wahh this has a sweep picking riff. Gay")

It's all metal. Deathcore, thrashcore, whatever the hell core, METALcore, is influenced by METAL bands, making THEM metal bands. Quit bitching.

you can strap "core" onto anything just because you don't like it, but that won't change the amount of success they are having. Core bands suck? What about your band? Go ahead and play that underground bs "oh we don't want to have a big fan base and make lots of money and play music for a living." are you serious? Part of making money is playing what your audience wants to hear.

I apologize for my rant, everyone. I normally don't like..flame a thread like this.

Sep 4, 2010 2:43 PM ET #109 (permalink)

i dont feel threatened, just disgusted with the core attitude!

Sep 4, 2010 4:28 PM ET #110 (permalink)

Isn't it great when someone tries to defend something against its critics and ends up criticizing what the others like and making generalizations and stereotypes about it? Pot. kettle. black.

MetalByNumbers, you totally go off the wall in contradictions by the end. You can't make anyone like something they don't. It's true to some extent that bands that don't fit the bill will be lumped in with the trendy group when people don't like them, but on the flip side there are a ton of bands playing exactly what is metalcore or deathcore and trying to convince people that they are not because they don't want to be seen as trend followers. There's no winning.

Personally I've enjoyed the permutations metal has gone though, from nu metal to metalcore. But I also ignore the fashion and trendy image parts that some people focus on so much. It's true - the "look" of many of these bands (from nu-metal to core) can be the biggest turn off, especially from the older denim or leather and spikes crowd, as well as the current extreme metal crowd. But even if that's not "it," it suffices to say you can't sum up why every person who hates a particular genre hates it with any measure of accuracy.

(This post was last edited on September 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM ET.)

Sep 4, 2010 8:20 PM ET #111 (permalink)

Numb3rs: I agree with your argument, but if you're gonna express that argument you have to do it in a reasonable and mature way. Mocking the old guys isn't going to make them listen to you.

I myself love breakdowns, but only when used originally and well (look at The Last Monarch by Blacklisted). Most breakdowns are just the same fucking thing over and over, and some are just so bad ("Unrest" by Parkway Drive). But that's my opinion.

And I don't think anybody should care about how a band looks, especially since you're not gonna be looking at them while listening to their album. Sure, B4MV look like a bunch of English douches, but I love their music. Nergal is like the coolest guy out there, but he looks kind of ridiculous with his "war paint" *cough* make up *cough, but I love Behemoth. Point is, the old guys bash on the core bands because they look ridiculous, but look at Judas Priest. They were ridiculous at the time.

I have a fantasy football draft, so I'm gonna end it there.

Sep 4, 2010 10:17 PM ET #112 (permalink)

ive brought this up from time to time and i will do so now: the members of genghis tron look every bit as gay as a dora the explorer themed dildo, but the music is badass. I dont care what people or fans look like, its just unfortunate that a majority of contemporary core music and its current fans suck donkey wang. Thats my problem. Hate the music, hate the fans, so fuck em both. Like i said, exceptions obviously exist. I think himsa, the agonist, after the burial, the faceless, and the first lamb of god album is the shit. Dillinger escape plan are gods in my eyes. So core stuff does find its way to my ears regularly. My contempt for the genre stems from the legions of mediocrity and in some cases pure shit(attack attack) that flood the airwaves and the minds of potential metal fans that otherwise would be listening to good music. The fans are the same. Waves of terrible, and then trickles of decent people that can formulate proper arguments and justifications for their tastes like the people on this thread.

Sep 5, 2010 1:14 AM ET #113 (permalink)

Genghis Tron fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, stupid hipster trash.

I don't think many people posting in here have even been to a hardcore show.

"just disgusted with the core attitude!"
Yeah fuck DIY, friends, new people, fun...

Man

Sep 5, 2010 1:33 AM ET #114 (permalink)

Wiggles, coming from the perspective of a music listener who loves progressive and experimental shit, while at the same time holding a great admiration for really extreme stuff like grindcore and shit, genghis tron are, to me, the shit. I understand how you would hate them though, i hate sunn o for the same reason...the music is irritating as hell to me and everyone i know who listens to them is slightly pretentious, so fuck em. But i love genre mixing, and genghis tron is the band that made me like genre mashing in the first place, so...fuck you lol

Sep 5, 2010 6:05 AM ET #115 (permalink)

"just disgusted with the core attitude!"
Yeah fuck DIY, friends, new people, fun...

More like fuck wannabe ninjas, women clothes wearing crossdressers (who claim to be hardcore manly for wearing said clothes), etc............

Sep 5, 2010 6:28 AM ET #116 (permalink)

HEY!

...Ninjas are cool...

Sep 5, 2010 3:34 PM ET #117 (permalink)

See now, thats the problem branded. Theres the current shitty gaycore scene that overruns the venues and schools here in most of america, and an underground scene where the ethos that wiggles talks about still exists. Back in the day, britain and the us had a hardcore scene you could be proud of. Now...its basically the hair and glam metal stage of hardcore right now. Sure, ther may be some good bands, but for the most part, when the majority of hardcore gets back on track later on down the road, all we wil be able to do is look back at this era and shake our heads and enjoy the few gems that shined through the muck.

Sep 5, 2010 4:51 PM ET #118 (permalink)

It bothers me that a lot of people assume that everyone who likes core looks like Oli Sykes and loves bring me the horizon, etc.

Granted, I like something like...2 and a half(yes a half) bring me the horizon songs. I think Oli Sykes is lame for taking BMTH in the wrong direction, and I'm sure the lot of you can agree with me that they are not that great of a band.

The reason I came at the old guys is that they come at us first and call us pussies and shit and expect us not to get offended, hah.

Core was brutal and as good as it gets until you have bands like BMTH and attack attack glamourizing the genre and making it cool to look like girls with dyed hair, etc. I have a couple pairs of slim fit pants, but I will trash any BMTH fan boy in any pit who thinks its cool to swing like a dumb ass and hit me. I've done it before.

But yeah lol fuck having friends, and meeting people and enjoying music for what it is-- art-- let's all be closeminded fucks and masturbate to music that was cool 20 years ago and braid our pubic hair, that sounds fun br0z.
"wahh breakdowns and drop whatever tuning :'( " bahaha

Sep 5, 2010 6:24 PM ET #119 (permalink)

"let's all be closeminded fucks and masturbate to music that was cool 20 years ago" - as opposed to being fake bisexual eyelinered breakdown ridden faux-metal suburban teenagers pretending to be hardcore? Listen, I can throw around stupid strawman stereotypes about -core fans as much as you can about metalheads, they don't do either side good.

There's so many bullshit arguments here, but one I'd particularly like to address is that change = good and we have to move on to new music. Newsflash, not everything is good. If the new trend was white noise sounds with fart noises and atonal beeping over the top guess what, it would be unpleasant to listen to no matter how new, trendy or different it was. Fuck it, while I'm here:

"It's all metal." - No it's clearly not. Everyone draws the line in different places but clearly there are some bands that are metal and some that are not otherwise the term has no meaning.

"you can strap "core" onto anything just because you don't like it..." - You're in denial of the plain fact that a large portion of the metal community vehemently does not like -core. People don't strap core on because they don't like it, they don't like it because it's core.

Sep 5, 2010 7:56 PM ET #120 (permalink)

TIM:
i agree, but the wannabe ninjas in the hardcore scene disgrace true ninjas!! hahahahahaha

Sep 6, 2010 4:12 AM ET #121 (permalink)

I'm a ninja

Sep 6, 2010 6:19 AM ET #122 (permalink)

lol

Sep 6, 2010 8:53 AM ET #123 (permalink)

well then, plz come to america and kick the shit out of these fake ass wannabe ninja bitches!!!

Sep 6, 2010 9:54 AM ET #124 (permalink)

Once I get out of High School, I plan on it. I'll call my friends and I'll katana their asses to strips of bacon and then feed them to Blindgreed.

Sep 6, 2010 4:36 PM ET #125 (permalink)

but you'd still call grindcore metal because a band like napalm death pioneered the genre.
I'm pretty sure that an early carcass album is labeled grindcore as welll. That's just silly, how many of your favorite bands now suck because they have core in their subgenre's names just because you are a deaf musical critic.
It's not metal though, because its got core in the subgenre that you made to label things. whoops.

Question, what makes a band like Napalm death, a pioneer of the grindCORE genre, more metal then a band like say, Carnifex, when I'm almost positive that both bands use layered vocals, blast beats, downtuned guitars, and quick tempos. They're playing the same shit, the only difference is that one band has been around for 15 more years.

I've also noticed that the majority of the adds on this site with the exception of Bonded by Blood are core bands. The Acacia Strain, Carnifex, fuck, even Attila? really? So if you have such a hatred for core, why support them and advertise them? You cover core bands in your news. Your site is metalunderground; and you cover core bands as well as what you call "metal" bands--- All under the same banner! There's no "core"underground.com. It's all covered under the same site. Pwnt

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum