"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Guys we all come from the same place!!

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Guys we all come from the same place!!

Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 150 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 75 of 150 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jun 19, 2010 2:21 PM ET #51 (permalink)

I think it is fine to categorize things i.e. genres, but when you start to worship a genre and start to have bias on bands that may or may not be within the genres that you currently like it can really restrict you and put negative associations in your mind to hate bands before you even hear them...and no we dont all come from the same place

(This post was last edited on June 19, 2010 at 2:23 PM ET.)

Jun 19, 2010 10:20 PM ET #52 (permalink)

Unless everyone came from my mothers vagina, (in which case I would be terrified and mentally fucked for the rest of my life at discovering that fact), I really dont think we all come form the same place. I dont even think everybody here is even from ohio, let alone from my mums vag, so even thats right out. :P

Jun 20, 2010 7:42 PM ET #53 (permalink)

I didn't come outta you're mom's vag but I came in it.

Jun 20, 2010 11:33 PM ET #54 (permalink)

shit. Shoulda seen that one cumming.

Jun 22, 2010 9:52 AM ET #55 (permalink)

Damn I was gonna do that

Jul 8, 2010 10:23 AM ET #56 (permalink)

The New Breed
A Billyclub Sandwich
Everybody Gets Hurt
Sworn Enemy
Irate

THATS REAL FUCKING HARDCORE METAL, NOT TRENDY, SCENE POSER, GIRL PANTS WEARING, WANNABE NINJA BULLSHIT!!! AND WE ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ALL COME FROM THE SAME PLACE WHEN IT COMES TO METAL!!

(This post was last edited on July 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM ET.)

Jul 20, 2010 10:12 PM ET #57 (permalink)

SWORN FUCKING ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that no one even mentioned them until the last post.

But in all seriousness, I only skimmed through but I saw that someone was saying hardcore has too many breakdowns. Just because bands like Bury Your Dead (not really hardcore anyway) put like 4,678,981,001 breakdowns on each album it doesn't mean it should represent hardcore.
People think of bands like BYD or Throwdown when they think hardcore because they saw them tour with other more "metal'' metalcore bands like Unearth and Shadows Fall.
Most bands that I (or anyone who digs this scene) would consider real hardcore have hardly any breakdowns in their albums.

Jul 21, 2010 7:29 AM ET #58 (permalink)

yea wiggs, i have watched so many scene posers in the HC community talk all the "real hc bands" and have no idea who the bands i posted are. So i tell them to go back to HC school!!

Jul 23, 2010 4:00 AM ET #59 (permalink)

Or Ringworm or Intergrity, fuck some people I have met don't even know who Sick of it All are.

Jul 24, 2010 9:03 PM ET #60 (permalink)

Obviously someone who's never heard of Sick Of It All is not a fan of hardcore, and any real hardcore fan knows that 90% of what gets classified as "hardcore" or "hXc" or whatever really isn't hardcore at all. I also tend to think that most real hardcore bands play little to no breakdowns.

Jul 24, 2010 11:50 PM ET #61 (permalink)

I meant to say people in the hardcore scene i've met.

Jul 25, 2010 12:18 AM ET #62 (permalink)

You've met people in the hardcore scene who've never heard of SOIA? Thats weird but kinda funny, that band pretty much defines the genre for me.

Jul 28, 2010 11:41 PM ET #63 (permalink)

with all due respect, people listen to music because it can represent their feelings, thoughts, hates, loves, life styles et fukin cetra. i listen to some metal, hardcore and punk because i think they can pretty much represent my hate. but the only music that can express my own hate is the music i create myself.
and one more thing, we dont come from the same place!!

Aug 15, 2010 9:52 PM ET #64 (permalink)

I'm late, what can I say, but excuse me for ranting.
!!Disclaimer!!- I am 18 years old and have been listening to metal since I was in 6th grade. Metal is the only music for me. My iPod is home to Morbid Angel, Suicide Silence, and King Diamond. I am unfond of "labeling" and "stereotyping" and believe that the clothes a band wears reflects nothing on their person or musical ability. (If I remember, 80's thrash bands wore tight jeans as well, did they not? Haha!) Yes, this is a long disclaimer, and I apologize.

Anyway, on to my argument. . .

To be completely honest, music with elements of thrash METAL, black METAL, or death METAL is METAL. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Every band that uses these aforementioned "genres/labels" plays, guess what, heavy METAL the form of music that we all love and appreciate.

First of all, all of the oldschool "pure" metalheads need to get off of their high horses, and accept the fact that "core" is becoming part of the metal scene. It's the music of our generation, and is selling and making money. Every dog has it's day. The 80's were for thrash metal and old school death metal, the 90's had nu metal, and 00's has core.

Denying the fact that these young bands are out there doing what they do best and that is making music that sells and having a good time with their lives will get you nowhere in the argument that they "lack musicianship". That is your opinion. If they played "diluted" shitty music, they wouldn't be playing arenas and huge shows.

Aug 16, 2010 5:30 AM ET #65 (permalink)

Metal: First off, I'm a big metalcore fan. Second, I'm 16 so I'm not old school. Third, new decade man.

Genres/labels are not accurate, unless Cynic himself labels them. What would you call Children of Bodom? Melodeath? Neo-classical? Anything?? And there is a blurry line between hard rock and metal. B4MV are labelled as metalcore, but they consider themselves a hard rock band.

And you don't really have the right to just tell these "pure" metalheads to accept core. Do I make you accept Justin Bieber??? You're new to this site and you can't just come on here and tell people to do things. I never tried to make Branded like Metallica.

And Justin Bieber sells tickets. Sales mean jack shit.

That is all.

Aug 16, 2010 7:46 AM ET #66 (permalink)

You don't have to tell me to accept the J- Beibz, I ALREADY HAVE! AHHHHHH!
...not really, XD

um, idk the whole telling them to accept it was just my opinion is that it isn't going away and..yeah Idk what else to say haha

but yeah, if you asked me to label CoB i'd have no idea what to tell you lol. Metal!

Aug 16, 2010 8:01 AM ET #67 (permalink)

MBN is another person who thinks their opinions are golden eggs when they are nothing of value. I like some core bands, but the overall feel of the core genre is crap. So many watered down wannabe hardcore bands out there trying to be what real hardcore bands are. But every genre has that, so its a futile argument in the end.

AND I STILL SAY WE DO NOT ALL COME FROM THE SAME PLACE WHEN IT COMES TO METAL!!!!!

Aug 16, 2010 8:13 AM ET #68 (permalink)

I never said my opinions were golden eggs, I'm just a disrespectful arrogant and blunt person by nature, I can't help it. Sorry D:

The first band I ever listened to was Slipknot *shudders* , I was in 6th grade, but I'm fairly sure I'm not alone

I don't mean to come off as an asshole, it's just my typing. The disadvantage to typing over voice communication is no one knows your tone of voice. I didn't mean any disrespect, branded. These forums are for everyone; I'm not trying to own them or anything :P

(This post was last edited on August 16, 2010 at 8:20 AM ET.)

Aug 16, 2010 8:47 AM ET #69 (permalink)

Dont want to come off as an asshole?!?!?!?! TOO LATE!! trust me, im the same way as you! But, i dont tell people what they need to do or listen to, I, (WE) can only advise them! haahahhaahaha!!

Aug 16, 2010 8:52 AM ET #70 (permalink)

Everyone should just listen to 100 Demons and just destroy everything!

Aug 16, 2010 9:16 AM ET #71 (permalink)

DESTROY EVERYTHING!! DESTROY EVERYTHING!!

Aug 16, 2010 9:40 AM ET #72 (permalink)

^All who second that motion say I

Aug 16, 2010 10:47 AM ET #73 (permalink)

TIM: you have any pics of shanghai posted anywhere for people to see??

Aug 16, 2010 10:58 AM ET #74 (permalink)

Hey Branded scope out Samsara from Melbourne, they are soooo good.

Aug 16, 2010 11:49 AM ET #75 (permalink)

Checked'em out at myspace. Not too bad actually.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum