"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Sitcoms

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Sitcoms

Displaying 13 posts
Displaying 13 posts
Jul 16, 2009 2:01 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Surely most of you watch sitcoms on TV. What are some of your NON-ANIMATED favorites (there's a separate one for cartoons, ya know)?

I've always liked Seinfeld, The Munsters (the original 60's one, not the crappy 80's revival one), Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, and the first couple seasons of 3rd Rock from the Sun were pretty good too.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of Seinfeld fans around here, though. I make references and nobody seems to get them..

Jul 16, 2009 2:31 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I really don't watch a lot of TV. But I do like Home Improvement, Seinfeld, Raymond, King of Queens, etc.

Jul 16, 2009 2:43 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Bottom, The Young Ones, Spaced, Only Fools And Horses, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Steptoe and Son, Blackadder, Porridge, Cheers, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Citizen Smith, Fawlty Towers. Mostly older British comedies, never been much of a fan for American comedies bar the ones I mentioned and the animated ones and the less I say about current British comedies the better.

Jul 16, 2009 3:04 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Not too huge on T.V. these days but, I LOVE watching "Married With Children" when I have time. Some other shows I enjoy are "30 Rock", "Two & a Half Men", and if I'm really bored I'll watch "Malcolm In The Middle."

\,,l "(Take) These Chains" by Judas Priest l,,/

Jul 16, 2009 7:03 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Oldies: M*A*S*H, Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, I Love Lucy, Full House, Golden Girls, Fresh Prince, Alf (haha!), Three's Company, Wings, Maud, Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore Show...What does the horribly amusing Dinosaurs classify as?

Semi-Oldies: Will and Grace, Home Improvement, Dharma and Greg, Everybody Loves Raymond, Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, Grounded for Life, 8 Simple Rules, Early Drew Carrey, Spin City (both eras, but mostly Michael J. Fox), Becker...

Current: How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Two & a Half Men.

Jul 16, 2009 7:39 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Do agree T.V. pretty much sucks anymore.

But some old sitcoms would be : M*A*S*H, All in the Family,Good Times,Happy Days (Before it jumped the shark),The Jeffersons,Sanford and Son.

Others that are killer: Seinfeld,Arrested Development,Spin City,King of Queens and The Office. But hell If I sit here and think I'm sure theres more.

Fucking T.V.

Jul 16, 2009 10:51 PM ET #7 (permalink)

How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory. I love Neil Patrick Harris.

Jul 16, 2009 11:08 PM ET #8 (permalink)

^^^Blackadder and Falty Towers are great. I didn't really think of them as sitcoms, but I guess they could be by definition. Flowery Twats...lol.

Jul 17, 2009 4:38 AM ET #9 (permalink)

British comedy is the best!

Fawlty Towers, The I.T. Crowd, Blackadder, The Mighty Boosh, Black Books, etc etc etc love em!

Cannot stand Australian sitcoms.

Good American sitcoms include Becker, Seinfield (sometimes), Just Shoot Me, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, ummm.... Becker's pretty awesome hahah

Don't really watch tv thesedays tho, so those are all probly old and not on anymore :(

Oh, actually, for Australian shows, Good News Week is one of the few shows that actually makes me turn on the tv anymore. If any of you non-aussies havn't seen it, google the podcasts. THE BEST.

(This post was last edited on July 17, 2009 at 4:40 AM ET.)

Jul 17, 2009 9:16 AM ET #10 (permalink)

I don't really watch much straight comedy. I like Big Bang Theory and Chuck when I catch them - lots of geek humor there. And House for the sarcastic comedic value. As I said, no straight comedies here though in recent memory.

Jul 17, 2009 11:26 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Don't really do the tv thing much, especially comedy. But recently I got hooked on watching old episodes of Trailer Park Boys online. It may be Canadian, but it's somehow very much like my hometown.

Jul 17, 2009 3:24 PM ET #12 (permalink)

I thought about this all day yesterday. I guess I don't watch enough TV. I enjoy The Office (Brittish and American versions), but I watch them through Netflix so that I can watch a whole season in a sitting. Does that even count?

Jul 18, 2009 11:29 AM ET #13 (permalink)

Bg1 -- Of course it counts. A lot of the TV that I watch is on DVD because I'm rarely ever home when it's actually on the telly.

I realized I forgot The Drew Carey Show, Big Bang Theory, Two & A Half Men, The Office and M*A*S*H as well. Great shows, in my opinion anyway.

But then again, I like Dr. Who, so what do I know? =P

Now playing: Emperor - "Curse You All Men!"

(This post was last edited on July 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum