"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Whats the appeal

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Whats the appeal

Displaying posts 26 - 27 of 27 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 27 of 27 1 2 Last
Aug 3, 2009 3:56 PM ET #26 (permalink)

This is a great thread...everyone has valid points. My take on it is that 'throat' (why not add another adjective) metal serves it's purpose. This isn't something you kick back on the couch to relax to. There is an energy factor involved that transcends other genres. I'd like to say that I'm out there headbanging at the show, but the closest I get nowadays (married and about to have 2 in diapers) is cutting the hell out of my grass blasting my ipod.

I think early Mastodon, Opeth & Isis could usher anyone in...keeping in mind that they are more prog than anything else.

Aug 3, 2009 4:15 PM ET #27 (permalink)

I agree Cozen. Headbanging for a few seconds now gives me a headache. I just do the slow nod with the metal face.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum