"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Angelspeak is rockin' for the Rock

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Angelspeak is rockin' for the Rock

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 53 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 53 1 2 3 Last
Jul 15, 2009 10:36 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey everyone! just wanted to introduce you to Angelspeak, a Christian Rock band from Pittsburgh, PA in the USA. We'd love for everyone to check out our music at http://www.reverbnation.com/angelspeak. You can download our stuff for free. If you sign up as a fan, there's extras! Thanks alot!
Keep on rockin' for the Rock
Angelspeak Ps 95:1

Jul 15, 2009 11:12 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Ugh

Jul 15, 2009 12:13 PM ET #3 (permalink)

*blinks eyes... Farts and blinks eyes again*

Jul 15, 2009 1:56 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Zzzzzzz...

Jul 15, 2009 2:10 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Really????

Jul 15, 2009 3:16 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Oh Blind. You're fuckin' killin' me.

Jul 15, 2009 6:58 PM ET #7 (permalink)

*pinches nose and continues blinking*

Jul 15, 2009 10:03 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Ahah... dude... you have to be fuckin' kidding me... A fucking Christian rock band advertising on our metal fucking forums? Ahahahahahah... I'm growing HYSTERICAL from this. You can't honestly believe that this belongs on here, right? I'm not checking out your stupid shit. Leave that to the Creed forums, where you can advertise on a site for a band that's just as worthless.

Fuck You,

Flora Korkis

Jul 15, 2009 11:19 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Sweet mother of Norma Jean!..

Flora is going to explode!

\,,l "Deal With The Devil" by Judas Priest l,,/

Jul 16, 2009 1:08 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Lol. Creed.
Mark Tremonti is a badass though.

Jul 16, 2009 1:09 AM ET #11 (permalink)

With leeeeegs wide open...

Jul 16, 2009 12:06 PM ET #12 (permalink)

I just don't get Christian metal..

Jul 16, 2009 1:49 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Anybody remember that episode of South Park where Cartman explains that to make a Christian rock album all you have to do is take a love song title and change it so that its vaguely about religion? Well take a look at some of those song titles...

Jul 16, 2009 2:08 PM ET #14 (permalink)

"I want to feel you deep inside me, Jesus."

That episode was great.

Jul 16, 2009 5:58 PM ET #15 (permalink)

POV wrote:

"With leeeeegs wide open..."

Wasn't that the name of the sex tape Scott Stapp made with those fucking ugly groupies and Kid Rock? :P

Jul 16, 2009 11:10 PM ET #16 (permalink)

I dunno, I was too busy watching the Fred Durst sextape.

I kid, I kid.

Jul 16, 2009 11:46 PM ET #17 (permalink)

^ Said the Asian whore who likes Angelspeak

Jul 20, 2009 8:58 AM ET #18 (permalink)

that's cool guys...you don't have to like the music! there are plenty of people who do. just thought the people on this forum were a little more open-minded and could accept something positive for a change. But, unfortunately, all you guys seem to know about is lame Creed jokes (a band that I don't personally like, but who have sold more concert tix and albums than all of you combined) and even lamer South Park references. At least quote some Family Guy or something...I mean, "What the Deuce?"

Jul 20, 2009 9:05 AM ET #19 (permalink)

well fuck me
i am not one of them who is openminded to christian rock
its rock dont even say its metal
but why did you come on this site
to safe souls
good for you you believe in the lord but dont botter us with your music
it is allready bad that your people come to my house on sunday and try to bring the word of the lord

but one thing have to say you guys know how to run fast
once i let my dogs loose

np slayer jesus saves

Jul 20, 2009 12:23 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Wrong, buddy. I listen to plenty of music with a positive message, Christian or not, and actually prefer it that way. But when you straight-up call yourselves a Christian rock band, and claim that you are "rocking for the Rock", it gives off the impression that you are less interested in producing quality music more interested in catering to YOUR typical, close-minded listeners that won't listen to anything that doesn't praise Jesus and isn't sold in Christian bookstores. Believe it or not, I actually checked out your music. I didn't like it. It sounded extremely safe and watered down. You probably shouldn't have come on to a metal forum in the first place, (you aren't metal, after all) and you definitely shouldn't bash us because we don't like your tunes. Everybody here listens to some form of "positive" music. It doesn't have to be your lame-ass KSBJ bullshit that passes for rock. You're making me commit murder in my heart, bro, if you get my drift.

Also, don't pull the "Band X has sold more records than any of you combined" card. I mean...seriously? As a musician you should know that record sales doesn't equal respect.

Have a nice day.

(This post was last edited on July 20, 2009 at 12:32 PM ET.)

Jul 20, 2009 12:49 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Well said POV. There a quite a few Christian metal bands that are pretty F-ing brutal. Soul Embraced, Oh Sleeper, My Children My Bride, and the list goes on.

Keep in mind Angelspeak, at one time Stryper were considered metal. Another thing, hailing Creeds acheivements on this site is just cringe inducing.

For shame false metal man!!!! For shaaaaame!!!

Jul 20, 2009 1:16 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Angelspeak representative - By assuming that we don't listen to music with a "positive" message (very subjective term - if you're implying a Christian message than take your ignorant, boxed belief spouting elsewhere) just reeks of ignorance. Especially considering how some lyrics are neither positive nor negative (Iced Earth's Atilla for example or Iron Maiden's Alexander the Great are based soley on historical accounts).

Regardless of lyrical context, I can forgive a song with poorly written lyrics or lyrics that I don't agree with if the music is outstanding. Your music sucks. And I listen to the spectrum of genres - including some Christian music (most of it is Classical). No one here cares if your band has fans or about record sales for ANY band. Those arguments are futile on any underground or metal site.

It sounds like you can't accept criticism very well so you resort to feeble attempts at trying to justify your music by assuming that if we don't like it we either don't understand it or are closed minded. News flash: Creed and Stryper are BETTER THAN YOU! *Maximum insult full throttle*

And fyi, there are actually quite a few Christian regulars on this site - and all of them have much better taste in music than Angelspeak.

You clearly know nothing about metal so kindly bugger off.

(This post was last edited on July 20, 2009 at 5:44 PM ET.)

Jul 20, 2009 1:56 PM ET #23 (permalink)

brothers
i forgot something
even i dont believe in the good lord or jesus or what so ever has to do with religion
i am agnostic

i do like some sons of stryper and even got some cd at my place
but like everything else we dont need to take some music
to serious
expecially if you are at a concert af a band ad they try to kill you with the bible

Jul 20, 2009 1:58 PM ET #24 (permalink)

damm sorry for some type mistakes

by the way were is our brother god like

Jul 20, 2009 4:18 PM ET #25 (permalink)

He is everywhere brother Wilco, he is everywhere. He is God after all.....duh.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum