"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Christian Metal

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Christian Metal

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 70 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 70 1 2 3 Last
Mar 7, 2010 6:26 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Oh yeah LDb that's a Trouble song called "Pray For The Dead". One of the best doom metal songs ever!

Crimson Moonlight to me have always been the biggest Xtian bm band I knew of. They're ok.

Mar 7, 2010 10:39 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Hollow- You'd think after getting pissed at Twisted Sister and other metal bands awhile back would tell them that they're not going to win. People that actually take time outta their day to protest at concerts just because they don't like that music is simply pathetic.

Mar 8, 2010 2:47 AM ET #28 (permalink)

Cynic - Noted and now in love with Trouble. Thanks much.

Mar 8, 2010 7:41 AM ET #29 (permalink)

Trouble = WIN!!!

Mar 8, 2010 8:42 AM ET #30 (permalink)

oh i know Lordi isn't a christian band, but i remember all the i guess "controversy" about it and i just in general do not like Lordi haha

Mar 8, 2010 6:55 PM ET #31 (permalink)

yeah Lordi seems like a hardcore rip off of Gwar

Mar 8, 2010 7:57 PM ET #32 (permalink)

They look like a hardcore Gwar rip-off yet musically they just suck, probably the most generic style of rock 'n' roll I've ever heard.

Mar 8, 2010 8:29 PM ET #33 (permalink)

I like Trouble myself. But I did read an article about them and they proclaimed 600 times in the article that they werent a christian doom band at all. They just used those type of lyrics to sound spiritual. Just FYI

Mar 8, 2010 8:36 PM ET #34 (permalink)

It was sort of their label trying to push them as something new. Despite that I'd still call them Christian metal since pretty much all of their early songs are about Christianity, just like I might describe Deicide as a satanic death metal band even if the members aren't theistic satanists.

EDIT: I am a huge Trouble fan.

(This post was last edited on March 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM ET.)

Mar 8, 2010 10:58 PM ET #35 (permalink)

But isn't Glenn Benton a satanist or something? He writes most of the material, or at least did in the early days.

Mar 8, 2010 11:11 PM ET #36 (permalink)

^ The man's got an inverted cross branded in his forehead. What do you think? lol

Trouble = win.

Mar 8, 2010 11:17 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Eh, pretty much everything Benton said in the early days was for show but no-one really knows what he believes (everything leads towards non-theistic though). In any case I was talking about their drummer Steve Ashiem.

Mar 9, 2010 12:57 AM ET #38 (permalink)

Hmmmmm having a little trouble understanding something, how exactly do Benton's beliefs lead toward non-theism? I mean, to say everything leads towards non-theism, or a negation/rejection of theism so to speak, would likely be seen as atheism or agnosticism. Personally, I don't quite get that impression from Benton or his lyrics although I can see his antics being a bit halloween-ish.

Mar 9, 2010 1:11 AM ET #39 (permalink)

What I mean is that a lot of people who are Satanists identify as non-theistic Satanists - they believe in Satanism as a religious system but not in Satan as a literal character.

Early on in the Deicide days Benton openly professed to be theistic, but then again he also said a lot of things (who wouldn't? Him and his band became famous for it). But later on it seemed even from his lyrics that wasn't true, and he was just a vehemently anti-christian person who identified with Satanism. You can read more on his wiki page but here's an example:

"Why insist on the cross died for us
His infliction never was
They assume that his death brought them life
To be dead will change their minds
When you see what you feel is not real
Disappointment is revealed
Cannot live with the fact that they;re wrong
There is no such thing as god"
- "Trick Or Betrayed" from Once Upon The Cross.

Mar 9, 2010 1:28 AM ET #40 (permalink)

Right on, I sees what you're sayin'

Mar 9, 2010 8:40 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Im finding it comical that the heading for thread is "Christian Metal" and we are talking about a man (demon?) with an inverted cross burned into his forhead and sings for a band called Deicide....this is great!

Mar 10, 2010 1:56 AM ET #42 (permalink)

FUCK YOUR GOD!!!!!! hahahah

Mar 10, 2010 3:02 PM ET #43 (permalink)

SCARS OF THE CRUCIFIX!!!

Mar 10, 2010 5:19 PM ET #44 (permalink)

Lordi isn't a GWAR rip-off.

Mar 10, 2010 5:22 PM ET #45 (permalink)

When it comes to Satanism, Satanism is nothing like the way the media portrays it. It's nothing like what you see in movies and television.

Mar 10, 2010 7:31 PM ET #46 (permalink)

"SERPENTS OF THE LIGHT!! DIIEEEEE!!!!"

Mar 10, 2010 8:20 PM ET #47 (permalink)

"And where do you wanna be?"
"IN TORMENT, IN HELL!!!!"

Mar 10, 2010 8:54 PM ET #48 (permalink)

Hollow: yeah they are, i thought it was pretty obvious

Mar 10, 2010 9:36 PM ET #49 (permalink)

I have to agree with Hollow and everyone else in the world, Lordi didn't rip off GWAR. They're both joke bands for preteens =p

Mar 10, 2010 11:26 PM ET #50 (permalink)

CoHace: Care to explain how?

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum