"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Is this Moshing?!

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Is this Moshing?!

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 53 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 53 1 2 3 Last
Mar 4, 2010 12:43 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I went to a Thrash metal concert, expecting a hardcore face-pounding mosh pit, what i saw made me want to puke. This new breed of "Moshing" called Throw Down. It's F**king break dancing in doubble time. So me and my true metal brothers tore them an new a**hole. No one will square dance at a metal show while i'm their. My Question is why. Where is Old school beat the shit out of you moshing. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. Support me and MOSH THEIR ASSES OFF SLAYER STYLE. Post a comment or tell of sightings of this horrific sight. To MEtal Heads Around the world to my backyard KILL 'EM ALL!!!!!!!

Mar 4, 2010 12:59 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Eh, I'm usually the guy in the back just chilling out and taking everything in, maybe with a beer when I'm with friends that are of age and can provide for me. I'm not sure what you mean by "throw down" but if you mean hardcore dancing/two-stepping and all that silly stuff, yeah, it needs to stay at hardcore shows. My younger brother has had a habit of going to war with them at metal shows in the same kind of asshole-ish way that I go after people whom I deem idiots on this site.

Mar 4, 2010 1:19 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Break dancing in double time? What? What the hell is that? You must be talking about hardcore dancing or "HXC", whatever. Yeah that shit is pretty lame, I've actually done what you did, or at least what I think you did, meaning moshing up the hardcore kids Slayer style. I remember and bunch of kids trying to pull that shit at a Misfits show, like punching and kicking invisible ninjas and whatnot, and the crowd (mostly piss-drunk punk rockers) divided in half and did like this wall of death shit on these 16 year old "HXC" kids. Pretty funny stuff, actually that would make a good "Tales from the Pit".

Mar 4, 2010 1:20 AM ET #4 (permalink)

I don't really think it's that big of a deal, nothing to get your tighty-whities in a bunch over.

People should do whatever the music makes them feel like doing. That's one thing I like about the metal scene is that no one is ostracized for what they wear to shows OR for however they feel like dancing that night (if they want to move around at all). Who gives a fuck?

Mar 4, 2010 1:25 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Fuck 'em, keep the true metal spirit alive inside and no amount of hardcore ninjas will ever defeat metal.

Mar 4, 2010 1:27 AM ET #6 (permalink)

If music makes you feel like roundhouse kicking the person next to you, just don't let that person be me. ^LOL hardcore ninjas ha ha.

(This post was last edited on March 4, 2010 at 1:28 AM ET.)

Mar 4, 2010 6:15 AM ET #7 (permalink)

I have to admit, JJ89, I'm usually too preoccupied with what's happening on the stage to pay much attention to what everyone else around me is doing, double break-dancing or asshole-tearing or whatever. You want to beat the fuck out of each other? Knock yourself out. Just keep out of my face and we'll both be happy.

Mar 4, 2010 11:19 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I've said it before, but pits just aren't the same as they used to be. I had a blast at a number of shows "back in the day" when a mosh pit was basically a bunch of shoving and running into people. But the pit itself was so packed, you really didn't go that far and there wasn't much chance of getting knocked down. None of this clearing out a space and running around in circles shit :-P Korn and Type O Negative had better pits than many a band I've seen since then.

Mar 5, 2010 8:56 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I started to find mosh pits pretty gay when I was about 16 so I don't really give a toss about what happens on the floor now. The only time it bothers me is when I'm near the front just trying to watch the show and some spastic who thinks he's Jackie Chan is doing that shit too close to me. Have you noticed it's always the really wimpy looking guys who do it too? I pushed one over once and he started crying. No joke. I stay at the back now.

Mar 6, 2010 9:03 PM ET #10 (permalink)

^Im my experience there seems to be more pasty faced fat guys in the "pit" rather than skinny wimpy kids, although I have seen a fair share of each.

Mar 6, 2010 9:10 PM ET #11 (permalink)

^he means the hardcore dancers being the skinny pasty kids. (Jackie Chan shit)

Mosh pits are a holy battleground. You start hardcore dancing at a metal show, you get stabbed by my fist in your neck. Those are the rules. You dont see hardcore dancers taking out moshers, you just see them being annoying and hurting people who are watching the band on the sides of the pit. Coincidence? I think fuck not. Metal and "dancing" dont fucking mix. Stop it you fags.

Mar 6, 2010 11:06 PM ET #12 (permalink)

^Yeah I knew what he meant, personally I've seen more fat-ass hardcore kids, fat kids with lots a' zitz.

Mar 7, 2010 2:15 PM ET #13 (permalink)

There are few things more strange-looking than fatties in supermegaskinny jeans... they look like they could be tipped over at any moment.

Mar 7, 2010 7:45 PM ET #14 (permalink)

OKAY ATTENTION EVERYBODY PLEASE!!!!!! I just found the funniest fuckin' video on "hXc" or hardcore dancing, this shit is absolutely hilarious, all must watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbjgwirr58

"hardcore dancing is what hardcore is all about" lol shit is fuckin funny dude

(This post was last edited on March 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM ET.)

Mar 8, 2010 4:39 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Now THAT'S taking the piss! Hard-core fucking posing, if you ask me!

Mar 8, 2010 7:39 PM ET #16 (permalink)

I found it pretty sad actually. I cried for today's youth a little.

Mar 8, 2010 8:00 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Yeah it is pretty sad but shit like that you just kinda got to laugh at, then it doesn't hurt so much. I love the part where this kid's like "hardcore dancing's all about bro-core", what the fuck is bro-core?

Mar 8, 2010 11:03 PM ET #18 (permalink)

I used to love to be up at the front during a show, watching the band from 6 feet away, but then you've always got these crazy, stupid assholes who'll elbow you in the back of the head to try to knock you down and take your spot. After the number of times I've gotten injured at shows, I just stand at the back now, enjoying the music. Also, that way I can actually wear my glasses and see the band. If I get in the pit, my glasses are toast.

Mar 11, 2010 12:21 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Fuck people that thinks it's cool to practice they're kick-boxing in the pits.

Mar 11, 2010 12:25 PM ET #20 (permalink)

Did you cry a little inside deathbringer?

Mar 11, 2010 4:23 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Most of the time I watch the band. But If you dont like the band thats playing is when you should to fuck with the hardcore kids.
DB I agree 100% with Type O

Mar 12, 2010 9:36 AM ET #22 (permalink)

I miss the days of everyone jumps in and starts swinging!! Now days you have to dodge wanna-be ninjas (i make sure they land wrong everytime), flailing arms (looks like someone is having a seizure while standing), and guys who are wearing womesn clothes (at least they finally decided to come out of the closet)!!!!!!!!!!

N.P. Witchburn--Call To Arms

Mar 12, 2010 10:50 PM ET #23 (permalink)

i just dont understand how people have fun hardcore dancing there is no point in it they just whirl their arms and do roundhouse kicks

Mar 13, 2010 1:37 PM ET #24 (permalink)

what ever happend to the old moshpit and slam dancing
nowadays i dontknow whatsgoing on

but like the wall of death stuff
we need to bring the toxic waltz back
everybody id doing the tooooxic waltz

Mar 16, 2010 2:07 AM ET #25 (permalink)

Good friendly violent fun in store for all.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum