"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Drum and Bass

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Drum and Bass

Displaying 11 posts
Displaying 11 posts
Mar 3, 2010 7:58 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Just curious as to how popular this genre is overseas. Does it have a cult following? Is it large enough to get into the charts where you live? Do you listen to it?

Mar 3, 2010 8:25 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Not a really a fan myself. But of all the sub-genres of techno drum and bass is the best of the lot. been to a few raves a long time ago.

but there is still a fairly large fan base in the DC metro area here. about 10 years ago there were raves on just about every night of the week around here. The scene sort of slowed down a bit, in recent years, but its still around here.

Mar 4, 2010 9:18 AM ET #3 (permalink)

man i'm horrible with techno genres and subgenres (if it even has any) so i'll just say some of the techno'ish stuff that i like, beside the industrial/electronic metal bands that i love like nin, static-x, orgy, etc. i also love julien-k, the prodigy, depeche mode (especially they're later stuff), pendulum, combichrist, the chemical brothers, the crystal method, and the qemists.

Jul 8, 2010 9:43 AM ET #4 (permalink)

D & B is an acquired taste. Sometimes it sounds too jungle, but thats the way it goes I guess.

Aug 24, 2010 11:11 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Loving the latest Pendulum album I must say.

Sep 9, 2010 9:16 AM ET #6 (permalink)

i'm loving prodigy's last effort. definitely could tell an old skool feel to it while still maintaining a constant new vibe. would die to see them live too. especially after watching their live dvd that i own.

Sep 9, 2010 11:59 AM ET #7 (permalink)

I've had mixed reactions to the last Prodigy album. I loved "Warrior's Dance" but wasn't keen on "Omen" or "Take Me To The Hospital." Alot of Prodigy fans have criticed them for it and said the last album sounds too much like Pendulum, of whom I only enjoy their latest effort.

Sep 10, 2010 8:18 AM ET #8 (permalink)

damn, then i rlly gotta check out the new pendulum then.

Sep 10, 2010 11:03 AM ET #9 (permalink)

been a fan of prodigy for years, onoly just getting into pendulum, the new one aint bad..

other than that i pretty much hate DnB. my brothers both love it and one has his decks set up. After years of being woken up in alcohol stupor to some shite being scratched to death on some vinyl decks has given rise to a pure hatred of dnb.

its shite..

Oct 13, 2010 7:24 PM ET #10 (permalink)

rlly like the qemists. nice mix of hardcore DnB and dubstep. new album's great. i LOVE pendulum's new record. rlly hope they continue into that direction.

Oct 14, 2010 7:05 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Only drum and bass I ever liked was pendulum. They put out some cool stuff.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum