"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Swine Flu

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Swine Flu

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Jul 15, 2009 8:53 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I know everyone's fed up of it and tired of it...and making jokes about it...but considering my school's got more than 10 cases now and my mom seems convinced I have it, I just wanted to know if anyone else knew anyone affected by it... :)

Jul 15, 2009 9:56 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Nope, *cough, cough* i'm good. Is it just me, or is it really fucking hot in here all of a sudden?

Oh well, it's probably nothing.

Jul 15, 2009 10:07 AM ET #3 (permalink)

A friend of my sisters has it and a girl in my cousins class has it, which my aunt is freaked out about because she's got a four month old baby at home.

Jul 15, 2009 10:09 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Yeah, my sister's diabetic so I'm not allowed to go near her at the moment!

Jul 15, 2009 11:17 AM ET #5 (permalink)

BB: If you do have it then you are one of the lucky ones. The second and third waves are what I predict will be deadly and devastating. Chances are pretty good that you will be immune to the 2nd and 3rd waves if you have it now.

Jul 15, 2009 10:09 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Red

Hey Bodom,

I know 2 guys personnaly that did have the swine flu (tested and confirmed)

They are co workers. They both made it out without too much complications but they said it like a normal flu, nothing more nothing less. Which means they were sick as fuck, couldn't get up, 102-103 of fever for 3-4 days easy, dizzy, headaches, muscles aches all over....well real nasty but no danger of dying.

So far the only people dying of H1N1 are old people or people that where already sick...by sick I mean really sick like aids or else.

So no reason to panic, if you are sick stay home, drink fluids, get the fever down....

Hope that helps (p.s : the guys that got it told me that the only difference with normal flu is that this one is a lot more contagious.)

Jul 16, 2009 11:04 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Red: Well, I happen to have my finger on the pulse of this thing and stating that only sick and elderly people are dying from it is not exactly accurate. I get updates from the CDC every day. The biggest problem with this virus is that it resides in the respiritory system as opposed to head or throat. It continues to morph and as I said, the time to catch this bug is now. The next waves will be a definate concern. The latest strain has proven resistant to Tammiflu, and took the life of a perfectly healthy 20 year old woman in San Francisco. It's certainly not anything to freak out about at this point (the mortality rate is still below that of a seasonal flu which runs about 38,000 per year), but it isn't anything to be taken lightly either.

(This post was last edited on July 16, 2009 at 11:15 AM ET.)

Jul 16, 2009 11:47 AM ET #8 (permalink)

I don't think anyone in Central Iowa has got the swine flu. I heard a few cases confirmed over in Marshalltown, but haven't heard anything about it since, and that was a few months or so ago.

Jul 19, 2009 10:17 AM ET #9 (permalink)

just a flu that has escaped out of a usa lab
think its a left over from area 51
or its the wrath of god to get rid of the sinners on earth
but hey i am still here

think its the beginning of the four horse man

Jul 19, 2009 6:37 PM ET #10 (permalink)

bodombeach-do you feel at all sick other than a cold?(if you have a cold)
'cause I wouldn't see why you would have it if you didn't have a fever

Jul 21, 2009 3:47 PM ET #11 (permalink)

I think it is a test-tube disease that was created by man to kill of 80% of us. EUGENICS baby. Buckle up it is going to get crazy this fall.

Jul 21, 2009 5:42 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Underdodwin - Nice avatar! Is that like a Wii character of some sort?

\,,l "The Burning of Atlanta" by Whiplash l,,/

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum