"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

New site backround...

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> New site backround...

Displaying 14 posts
Displaying 14 posts
Jul 15, 2009 12:24 AM ET #1 (permalink)

The Judas Priest backround is kinda ugly. I like the old one much better. *nods* Might be alright if it wasn't split all funky like.

Jul 15, 2009 12:30 AM ET #2 (permalink)

What are you viewing on? Can you send me a screen shot by email possibly? Thanks!

Jul 15, 2009 12:43 AM ET #3 (permalink)

BTW - the new background is an ad campaign and will be running for all of Wednesday (only). I wanted to ask for reader feedback on it overall, but Kali beat me to the post :-) But pease let me know what you think of this type of ad. Is it too intrusive? Too slow to download? No problem? Like it? Let me know what you think.

Jul 15, 2009 2:25 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Let me see if I can remember how to make a screen shot, and I will e-mail it to you, Deathbringer.

Will you be happy with a snap shot with my cell phone as a screen shot? I don't remember how to make a screen shot from my comp, and don't have a webcam. Those things are nothing but trouble.

(This post was last edited on July 15, 2009 at 2:36 AM ET.)

Jul 15, 2009 7:40 AM ET #5 (permalink)

If you're using your cell and that's where it looks weird, that's fine. If on your comp, then you can do ALT-Printscreen to copy it to clipboard. Getting it to email from there may be easy or not depending on your email program. Thanks!

(This post was last edited on July 15, 2009 at 7:40 AM ET.)

Jul 15, 2009 8:39 AM ET #6 (permalink)

I don't particularly mind it that much...I prefered the other one...but you know...

However it's slightly annoying because you can't really see all of it, just sections...so I don't really know what it's saying. But I do know its Judas Priest but others might not.

(This post was last edited on July 15, 2009 at 8:40 AM ET.)

Jul 15, 2009 9:27 AM ET #7 (permalink)

if you can actually see the whole image (which i can if i stretch it across my two monitors), it looks cool, though I'd prefer it was less colorful and such. either way i think ti would only be cool/effective if you could see all of it, then again i'm on a non-widescreen monitor.

Jul 15, 2009 5:34 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I think the Priest one is pretty cool only because the artwork and band are cool. If given a different band and different art, I can't say the same for both counts of cool.

I know the ads are necessary for the website, but I dont like the idea of hyping one bands stuff for a background...unless it was some "Underground band of the week" type of thing using a relatively unknown band instead of legendary fat cats and media-drool bands.

I prefer the old background with ads flashing on the top then having the site look like one giant billboard.

Just my 2 cents.

Jul 15, 2009 6:44 PM ET #9 (permalink)

not a bad idea bout the underground band ads thing hmm...

Jul 16, 2009 12:50 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Oh dear god no not the flashing ads argh my eyes!! lol - besides, does anyone ACTUALLY click on them?? "you are the millionth visitor, you've won a free trojan!" "this is not a joke, have some spyware!" goddamnit...

As for the Priest thing, I didn't even notice it lol

Jul 16, 2009 10:16 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Overall our ad quality has been pretty good from what I'm seeing. We are in two vertical ad networks that serve ads highly relevant to metal music. It may vary depending on region (some advertisers target only the US and/or Canada, UK, and Australia (the main English speaking areas), so other areas may see different ads from what I see all the time. So hopefully there are not too many flashing ads or belly fat ads, etc. Although I see a decent number of the latter creeping in lately. And we don't serve any ads that are known to have a download or malware (should go without saying).

Oct 31, 2009 1:53 AM ET #12 (permalink)

I might be a little late on this but the background I'm seeing is full of ghouls & bones.

Oct 31, 2009 1:34 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Yeah, and it looks sweet as shit, haha. Normally I don't like that kind of crap but the artwork is done pretty well. It's probably just a temporary Halloween thing though :/

Oct 31, 2009 9:22 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Haha, yeah, I was surprised when I saw this background on Halloween too, as I implemented it some time ago as and forgot about it. I think this was the art on one of the ultimate editions of Doom (PC) box ages ago and I found a tile version online that I've used as my desktop background on many computers since.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum