"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Forum Tabs: Which do you use most?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> Forum Tabs: Which do you use most?

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Feb 26, 2010 9:47 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Since introducing the new tabs for "Forum Topics" (the old default/main forum page), "Latest Updates," and "My Discussions," which ones do you find yourself using most? Or do you use them all frequently? I definitely find myself not using the main page as often and alternating between the Latest updates and My Discussions the most. But I still go back to the main page once in a while to check the feedback forum and some others.

But I'd like to hear your thoughts on it too. Are there any other options that might be useful?

(This post was last edited on February 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM ET.)

Feb 26, 2010 2:03 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I use the Latest Updates most often, and I check the other two now and then to see if I missed anything.
I can't really think of any other tabs that I would want right now, I think as far as that goes what you've done is fine.

Feb 28, 2010 2:43 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback, Natsquatch. Man, getting user feedback here is like pulling teeth :-) What can I do to get everyone's attention?

Feb 28, 2010 5:47 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I use all of them - mainly the forum topics one because I'm too lazy to check everything, but when I'm not lazy I use latest updates. I think all three are handy though.

Feb 28, 2010 7:44 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I use all 3, but the Latest Updates one the most, probably. Sorry about not responding sooner, db, I'm not on here as often as I'd like to be. :(

Mar 1, 2010 6:36 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Yeh, sorry DB: I just figured that since I'm a newcomer I'd let the older posters have their say first, lest I be considered a young upstart ... well, old upstart really.

I use the "My Discussions" first to see if anyone's posted a response to something I've had a say on. That way people wont get pissed off if they ask me something and get no reply.

Then "Latest Updates" to see if a topic has surfaced that I might be interested in.

Hope that helps.

BTW, as far as first impressions go, this site is pretty fucking awesome!

Mar 1, 2010 11:18 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback, guys, and the kind words KissTheBlade.

Mar 16, 2010 9:43 PM ET #8 (permalink)

i use the "my discussions" tab the most just so i can see if anyone's posted anything on my topics. but i'm also a newcomer, so i've been using the general tab a bunch to explore the various topics. on a different note, i've visited/been a member of other metal forums, and i think that this one is a lot easier to navigate and use, which is definitely a plus.

(This post was last edited on March 16, 2010 at 9:50 PM ET.)

Mar 16, 2010 10:49 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I'm glad to hear it! I tried to keep it fairly simple and think the tabs (which I just fixed to always show up) are a big help for navigating, but I'm still open to other ideas. And I know I need to get a forum search up here as well.

Mar 24, 2010 4:08 PM ET #10 (permalink)

1. My Discussions
2. Latest Updates
3. Forum Topics

Sometimes I forget where I posted when I'm on a rant so My Discussions is where I start. Nicely done DB!

Mar 24, 2010 4:39 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Yeah, same here. Thanks for the feedback. That's the downside to more forums is that you forget where some discussions were.

Mar 24, 2010 6:33 PM ET #12 (permalink)

I use latest updates the most.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum