"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Today feels like a By All Means Necessary day

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Today feels like a By All Means Necessary day

Displaying 9 posts
Displaying 9 posts
Jul 14, 2009 2:32 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Another band that is under the Dirtbag Music Record Label. This off beat look, and down to earth group can definitely get the party started and keep it going for hours. Once they get rockin its hard for you to get them to stop because the crowd just wants more.

Check them out at myspace.com/byallmeansnecessary

Jul 14, 2009 2:50 PM ET #2 (permalink)

You can't be fuckin serious.

A cover of ( I Just) Died in Your Arms? COME ON!!!!

Jul 14, 2009 3:00 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Pestilence: My sentiments exactly.

Jul 14, 2009 3:43 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Fucking Yuck, lol. This band sucks too.

Jul 14, 2009 4:31 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I'm not trying to tell Deathbringer how to do his job, but maybe a forum section for shamelessly promoting your shitty stuff should be made? I just dunno if this would necessarily fall under the category of "general music discussion".

Jul 14, 2009 4:45 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Perhaps they should use the Pimp My Band thread I posted?

Jul 14, 2009 8:03 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I have mixed feelings on it... Relevant or not, if someone comes here only to promote their band(s) and doesn't participate in any conversations, it's a bit like spamming. That said, I know it will happen - you should see the number of "check out my band" emails I get every day. But posting spammy comments in a forum is certainly not a great promotional method and obviously doesn't endear the readers to the bands being promoted. But that said, General Music Discussion would be the place for any such messages.

Once the forum reaches a critical mass, I'll open up more genre-specific music discussions. Having a forum just for promoting your band would end up with a lot of single posts and few actual discussions I think, so I have no plans for that at the moment.

(This post was last edited on July 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM ET.)

Jul 14, 2009 8:38 PM ET #8 (permalink)

To be fair I think this is the wrong site for this band to be promoted on. I don't see any metal fans liking it. It reminded more of Avril Lavigne to be honest.

Jul 23, 2009 9:46 AM ET #9 (permalink)

well i could be wrong
but i have a feeling that the dude dont like metal that muchcheck his record label out diamond oz was right there is not lots of metal there you need to look real hard

any way what it hink he is just using this site to promote his label
you never see him on any other treats
well i do think it is a sneaky way of promoting your label

but hey this is internet freedom
aftherall free speach is for the dumb

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum