"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Looking for some new bands

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Looking for some new bands

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 29 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 29 1 2 Last
Feb 22, 2010 5:07 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Hey I wondering if any of you fine ladies and gentlemen could recommend some Death metal bands to check out. I love death metal and I find my collection is starting to get a little stale and could use a few newbies. My favorite bands are Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Decapitated, Nile, Death, Obituary, Entombed, Grave, Krisuin, stuff like that. Kinda looking for like a brutal technical death kinda shit. Your feedback will be much appreciated. Cheers!!

Feb 22, 2010 5:35 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I will never stop recommending these two bands, because they are criminally overlooked. Check out The Arcane Order. Super-brutal and techy? Nope (though the guitarists can definitely play). Super badass? Absolutely. Think of a much more intense version of Arch Enemy with a little bit of black metal thrown in sometimes, and that's what you get. Centaurus-A is more on the technical side, and they can write some pretty catchy songs.

Also Outcast's (from France, there's a lot of bands with that name) last album is a pretty good piece of progressive/technical death and thrash.

Through the Eyes of the Dead is a deathcore band with a huge emphasis on the actual DEATH METAL part (especially on their last couple of records), making them the top dog of that sub-genre, in my opinion.

Edit: Oh yeah, and from the bands you listed, I think Vader would be up your alley.

(This post was last edited on February 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM ET.)

Feb 22, 2010 5:45 PM ET #3 (permalink)

A few from most of it's subgenres:
Death Metal: Autopsy, Crypt of Kerberos, Querion.
Melodic Death Metal: Dethklok, At The Gates, Canopy, Children of Bodom.
Brutal Death Metal: Cerebral Incubation, Eternal Ruin, Destroy(Ind), Acquired Syphilis.
Blackened Death Metal: Behemoth, Goatwhore, Belphegor.
Technical Death Metal: Gorguts, Opeth, Cryptopsy.
Death/Doom: My Dying Bride, Evoken.

Feb 22, 2010 5:59 PM ET #4 (permalink)

laughing my ass off because of "acquired syphilis"...im gonna have to check that out. umm, the band, not the disease. thanks metalfan!

also, heres a few more death/doom bands for ya man: ahab, ocean, 11th hour, mournful congregation
under the radar death metal band: ofermod
folky kind of death metal (judge for yourself): eluveite (spelling might be off)
heres some other death metal bands i listen to: fleshgod apocalypse, augury, exhumed
and, if you want your ears to bleed and then be checked into an insane asylum: portal (australia)
im more of a black metal guy but those other dudes pretty much covered the basis. cheers to you!!

(This post was last edited on February 22, 2010 at 6:01 PM ET.)

Feb 22, 2010 7:42 PM ET #5 (permalink)

thanks a lot guys, much appreciated!!!!

Feb 23, 2010 11:03 AM ET #6 (permalink)

There a lot of pretty death metal bands actually..some of my favorites are... Dead Congregation, Jack Slater, Funebrarum, Ulcerate, Razor of occam

(This post was last edited on February 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM ET.)

Feb 23, 2010 12:36 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Jungle Rot and Kadavar aren't bad either if you're looking for brutality.

If you're looking for technicality, check out Origin and Obscura (not sure if you know of them or not).

Of course, Pestilence are a good mix of both.

Feb 23, 2010 2:56 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I need some new bands. Specifically rubber ones to hold my car together.

Feb 23, 2010 4:47 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I think we definitely need a sticky thread for recommendations..

Feb 23, 2010 5:07 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Yepp. I also suggested it in that other thread that came up yesterday.

Feb 23, 2010 9:12 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Fleshgod Apocalypse album "Oracles" and single the "Mafia"
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients
Beneath the Massacre - Mechanics of Dysfunctio
Gorgasm

(This post was last edited on February 23, 2010 at 9:12 PM ET.)

Feb 24, 2010 3:19 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Spaggeti and Summit- Hahaha no problem, for more brutal death metal, look up DeathMetalFuckers on Youtube.

Feb 25, 2010 5:31 AM ET #13 (permalink)

http://last.fm

Great site, got into well over half the music I'm into through it... it gives you logical reccomendations based on the artists you play the most, so create an account and start scrobbling!

(This post was last edited on February 25, 2010 at 5:31 AM ET.)

Feb 27, 2010 11:21 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Gorguts

Mar 9, 2010 12:45 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Fucking Arsis, they only have a few albums but i like them. Arch Eneny are good too. Chick singer, she's hot and does a mean growl.

Mar 9, 2010 4:32 PM ET #16 (permalink)

check out Lunatic Gods

Mar 17, 2010 8:26 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Get some Welsh Extreme metal in you! My band - www.myspace.com/kryophere [influences include: Decapitated, The Faceless, Pantera, Necrophagist etc etc]

Necrocest and Desecration - Both fuckin savage, disgusting underground death in the vein of Cannibal Corpse, Fetus etc etc

Calenture - Search em up on Myspace, they only have instrumental tracks up so far but these guys are going to get picked up as soon as the EP is out, very VERY technical Necrophagist/classical influenced Death metal.

Nochaa - Just got a new vocalist (I think the old one from Ignominous Incarceration?) modern sounding, relentless South Wales savagery

Nihilist - Not exactly death metal but technically brilliant and funky fresh, they're looking for a vocalist atm.

Fourth Autumn - Only got a couple of scratch tracks up atm but should have some studio recordings out soon, savage black/death metal crossover

Mar 22, 2010 11:48 PM ET #18 (permalink)

from newer stuff i can recomend fleshgod apocalypse,funebrarum,portal,vomit the soul,ulcerate,sanctification,bone gnawer

Apr 4, 2010 12:59 AM ET #19 (permalink)

Hate Eternal
Spawn of Possession
Trauma (Poland death metal band)

these are a few I like that you didnt mention

Apr 4, 2010 1:01 AM ET #20 (permalink)

Dying Fetus, kicks ass as well

Apr 4, 2010 6:48 AM ET #21 (permalink)

i could be mistaken but i dont think i saw kataklysm or Hatebreed up there Deicide oh and one of my favs but maybe not really pure death metal is Heaven Shall Burn but sic either way

Apr 9, 2010 4:19 PM ET #22 (permalink)

On your list I dig entombed and obituary.

these guys don't do dry lung but I recommend:
TRAP THEM.
their earlier stuff was like grindcore. now its riffy rock metal. pretty badass I think.

Apr 11, 2010 10:56 PM ET #23 (permalink)

about some good traditional death metal...
Dead Congregation
Crypticus
Nominon
Killing Addiction
Dawn of Azazel
Decrepitaph

Apr 12, 2010 8:37 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Massive Slavery, Modern Death metal

first album out now !

www.myspace.com/massiveslavery

http://content.wildfiresocial.com/wildfire/WidgetPreview.aspx?wid=Ag8AAAACAAIAAHcAEgAAMgA4ADEAMgAyADMAMQA0ADEAAgAAbgAOAABtAHkAcwBwAGEAYwBlAA..&p=bT*xJmx*PTEyNjg5NjY5MDkzMTImcHQ9MTI2ODk2NzAwNzEzNSZwPTI3MDgxJmQ9dHVuZVdpZGdldF9maXJzdF9nZW4mbj1teXNwYWNlJmc9MSZvPWM4ZDczZWNkNjgxZjQ1NGQ5ZWJkMTM5YTc5MTE2NDExJm9mPTA=

Spread this Widget everywhere !! Send it to all your metal friends, and ask them to send it to their metal friend. Make a viral add of this WIDGET !! thanks !!

Hope to visit you soon !!

Apr 30, 2010 3:01 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Through The Eyes of Carrion are good, they just released a new cd.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum