"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

the new incarnation of Gorgoroth

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> the new incarnation of Gorgoroth

Displaying 6 posts
Displaying 6 posts
Feb 21, 2010 4:32 PM ET #1 (permalink)

how do you all like the new Gorgoroth? (quantos pusunt ad satanitatem trahunt)
Pest is a very good vocalist, and they're doing more melodic stuff(or is that just the better sound quality?)

Feb 21, 2010 5:33 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Meh. I think it's pretty good. I agree that Pest is a good vocalist but I miss the more distinctive sound Gaahl had. It kind of reminds me of Antichrist the way the songs change up, except for the vox. They definitely don't sound as angry as they have on past albums, and Rebirth makes me feel fucking sad. Overall I like it a lot. And I think you're right, I'm sure the better sound quality has something to do with it, haha.

Feb 21, 2010 11:48 PM ET #3 (permalink)

i may seem a bit biased here because i think gaahl is one of the sickest front men in black metal (i.e. black mass krakow 2004). he just had his vocals you could recognize a million miles away. but pest is pretty cool. i havent listened to the album enough to totally judge, which makes me wonder why im posting here...anyways...ill stop.

Feb 22, 2010 12:43 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Gorgoroth is gorgoroth again now that the queer of gay helvete is gone blowing models

Feb 22, 2010 1:30 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Tis good metal...

Mar 8, 2010 8:50 AM ET #6 (permalink)

i wasn't paying much attention to all the drama or the animosity between fans of Infernus and fans of Gaahl and all that jazz, i just know i've always like Gaahl's vocals much more than Pest's

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum