"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> 'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Displaying posts 126 - 147 of 147 1 2 ... 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 126 - 147 of 147 1 2 ... 4 5 6 Last
Aug 5, 2009 8:05 AM ET #126 (permalink)

Greenday weren't ENTIRELY bad, back in the day. 'Good Riddance' and 'Nimrod' were both great songs. Pretty much havn't cared for them since they released 'Warning,' tho.

Aug 5, 2009 7:34 PM ET #127 (permalink)

I also love sitting back and listening to Lighthouse Family. What am I even doing on this site?

Aug 5, 2009 9:12 PM ET #128 (permalink)

ahah wow I'm guilty of that one too - the dude has a NICE voice, man, shut up, don't judge me, whatever hahah

Aug 5, 2009 9:19 PM ET #129 (permalink)

Yes he does. A great voice and a hard name to pronounce lol.

Let's see, what else about me is un-metal?

Raindrops Keep Falling On MY Head is one of my all time favourite songs.

Aug 5, 2009 10:12 PM ET #130 (permalink)

I just can't stand Green Day anymore. If you started listening to them after American Idiot, I hate you. I do like me some Blink-182 though.

Aug 5, 2009 11:15 PM ET #131 (permalink)

noooooo Blink have always and will always be utter balls! Green Day at least used to be half decent, even if they do suck heaps now. American Idiot was a terrible, horrible event in my life.

Grinspoon are a bit the same - used to be alright, ever since Chemical Heart I've loathed them though. And Silverchair's Diorama was a major failure.

Aug 6, 2009 9:42 AM ET #132 (permalink)

Ummmm.....I have a coldplay cd lol

Aug 6, 2009 11:31 AM ET #133 (permalink)

^Awesome man, I have three!

Aug 6, 2009 10:53 PM ET #134 (permalink)

^You use them for coasters and frizbees, right? lol

Aug 7, 2009 12:56 PM ET #135 (permalink)

*Glances around anxiously* Uhhh...yeah, yeah I would never enjoy listening to that shit. Fuck Coldplay, am i right!?!?

Aug 7, 2009 7:46 PM ET #136 (permalink)

I am s0000 glad I started this thread :) You guys are awesome.

Aug 7, 2009 8:02 PM ET #137 (permalink)

I just agreed to form a rap group with a friend I haven't seen in years. His biggest influence is Insane Clown Posse. I officially hand back my metal membership card.

Aug 7, 2009 10:36 PM ET #138 (permalink)

hahah I can't stand Coldplay, but I listen to some stuff that's just as bad. If not worse.

lol Oz, drop some beats on us yo :P

Aug 7, 2009 10:49 PM ET #139 (permalink)

Dunno about the rest of the world but Coldplay are way too popular here for my liking. I hates them lol, but to each their own.

I don't make the beats Psythe, but as soon as we make recordings and upload them I'll send you the link.

Aug 7, 2009 10:58 PM ET #140 (permalink)

Please do, I love me some groovy tunes. What style you goin with? I'm really diggin this grime thing that's comin outta the UK lately - Dizzee Rascal, Wiley and so on, good stuff :)

Aug 7, 2009 11:17 PM ET #141 (permalink)

I hate Grime lol. Don't like the beats and alot of them have retarded accents.

It's going to be more influenced by the underground American stuff. Non Phixion, Jedi Mind Tricks, Tech N9ne, that sort of thing. Plus the usual old school influence from Slick Rick and Beastie Boys and the 90s rap like House Of Pain and Cypress Hill. I'm really hoping something comes of it cause me and another friend have been trying to put a new metal band together for nearly a year now with no success.

Aug 7, 2009 11:18 PM ET #142 (permalink)

Does anyone remember The GOATS? Old school hip-hop group.

Aug 7, 2009 11:33 PM ET #143 (permalink)

Never heard of the Goats, But Jedi Mind Tricks and Tech N9ne are both brilliant.

I like grime, though I can definitely see why people wouldn't. It's not music you can dance to at all. Too choppy, no flow, it's like nu-breaks but even more condensed. Personally I find it refreshing compared to most hip-hop, but that's just me :)

If I can recommend an influence as far as production and particularly lyrics go, look to a guy called Tipper. His lyrics are unparalleled and his scratching is inhumanly perfect. Being a nu-breaks artist tho, you probably can't take too much else from him as far as music goes.

Good luck!

Aug 9, 2009 1:09 AM ET #144 (permalink)

Next to '300', one of my other favorite movies is 'The Wedding Singer' ... heh heh.

(This post was last edited on August 9, 2009 at 1:09 AM ET.)

Aug 9, 2009 4:09 AM ET #145 (permalink)

"The Wedding Singer" is pretty funny but, I think Sandler's funniest flicks are "Billy Madison" and "Happy Gilmore."

3rd Grader: Wa-wa-wa-once th-th-th-there wa-wa-wa-was a-a-a-a g-g-girl

Billy Madison: Kid can't even read

Ernie: Cut it out dude your gonna get us in trouble.

Billy Madison: T-T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!

(This post was last edited on August 9, 2009 at 4:12 AM ET.)

Aug 9, 2009 6:16 AM ET #146 (permalink)

"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!"
"You eat shit?"

hahahah Happy and Madison are easily and by FAR his best movies to date. The Wedding Singer is also good. Most of his movies, particularly the later ones, have sucked unfortunately :(

Aug 9, 2009 7:16 AM ET #147 (permalink)

i still have 3 binders full of Marvel/DC cards, one of which includes an entire Spider Man set from 94', and i still have one of my Magic the Gathering decks. i inherited a coin collection. i think it's funny to wash other peoples dishes when they're not paying attention. i drive a Honda. OH - i'm training to go into law enforcement lololol

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum