"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> 'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 147 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 147 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jul 22, 2009 5:40 PM ET #76 (permalink)

IN - You may think that being an apprentice at a preschool
is "not so metal".?
The ability to totally fuck with an innocent child's mind is what makes it SO great to be an adult.! LOFL
And that's totally metal \m/\m/

Jul 22, 2009 7:04 PM ET #77 (permalink)

No, there's no "fucking with children's minds." There's snack time, lunch, play time, nap time, circle time, crafts, field trips, school buses, outdoor play, adventure walking (usually just walking along the trail that has a bunch of weird flowers), singing to the kids (we have to sing out some stuff when they're tidying up or their brains will go... almost crazy)... so, stuff like that. lol. I usually have to sing things like "I like the way that (child's name) is tidying. Good for you, my friend (child's name)" I think the teachers that work there practically memorized hundreds of nursery rhymes in their heads lmao.

(This post was last edited on July 22, 2009 at 7:06 PM ET.)

Jul 22, 2009 7:10 PM ET #78 (permalink)

Oh yes, I'm well aware of Nursery Rhymes, play time and outdoor activities.
My mother ran a child care center for 25 years, which in turn made that my part time job after school and during the summers.. Oh what fun it was :)

Jul 22, 2009 7:19 PM ET #79 (permalink)

Haha! Godlike's a softy! Well, I have to admit, the kids I work with have made me a bit of a softy, too. It's the cutest thing when you're just sitting next to some kids who are reading books and then one of them picks up another book, sits on your lap, and asks you to read it to them. I think everything I said before this sentence was very unmetal.

Jul 22, 2009 8:46 PM ET #80 (permalink)

And now that the truth is out there., I guess that is about the most un-metal point of my whole life..!
Yes indeed, that was surely a sight to see.. me with hair down to my belly, wearing my spandex and tank top walking a gaggle of kids to the local park.!
How much cooler could I have been.? LOFL

(This post was last edited on July 22, 2009 at 8:47 PM ET.)

Jul 22, 2009 8:58 PM ET #81 (permalink)

Kids are awesome fun, who -doesn't- love kids??

Nursery rhymes are totally metal, tho. Have you guys actually read them? Grandmas get eaten by wolves, witches get cooked alive, heads get chopped off, people get the black plague... fairytales, nursery rhymes, basically the same thing. Both can be pretty brutal, man.

Jul 22, 2009 10:38 PM ET #82 (permalink)

Especially the Grimm tales and Goethe's narrative poems. Little girl gets fried and a boy gets eaten by the devil (or demon)! You should read them the Hobbit and Christina Rossetti's Goblin Market. Oh and any of Edgar Allan Poe's stories. Fuck those kids up right!

Jul 22, 2009 10:48 PM ET #83 (permalink)

Psythe writes: "Kids are awesome fun, who -doesn't- love kids??"

I don't...well, depends the age, but more often times than not, I don't like em.

(This post was last edited on July 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM ET.)

Jul 22, 2009 11:22 PM ET #84 (permalink)

Jenny, how old are you?

I used to hate kids - like, seriously, HATED them - when I was a teenager, mostly because my little brothers annoyed the shit out of me (not, in hindsight, their fault, I was just doing that whole teenager thing lol). Ever since I moved out of home three years ago (left for uni/college at 18) I havn't had any problems with kids, and now I've even come around and really enjoy playing with them and whatever. What used to make me scowl now makes me laugh :) And besides, they ask the cutest questions lol

Jul 23, 2009 1:43 AM ET #85 (permalink)

On the topic of kids...I always thought this quote was hilarious!

"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers. " ~Edgar W. Howe

My feelings on the topic, children can be very funny and charming at times but, when they tease your patience it just drives you insane! lol

Jul 23, 2009 11:30 AM ET #86 (permalink)

For me, it depends on the kid. I babysit this kid sometimes (it's been a while though) who's pretty funny and loves to go on walks outside, but there's been a few who have just been absolute terrors. I refuse to babysit any of those kids again, especially for free!

Jul 23, 2009 3:05 PM ET #87 (permalink)

Psythe: I'm 17. I know what you're thinking: "You're young, you'll get used to kids when you're an adult." I know, I know...but lemme explain. I don't mind kids if they behave. The cutest kids EVER are baby boys, they're adorable! I'm with Shredder in the fact that children are annoying when they tease your patience, that's all; it just depends on the kid.

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 3:07 PM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 4:14 PM ET #88 (permalink)

I love kids...my sister's pretty good to me and so are her friends and I used to get along with everyone with primary school...except most of my year. No idea why. But I always loved kids...especially when I'm not changing babies' nappies.

-Edit-

Ooh...I was head girl at primary school. I think that's pretty unmetal!

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 4:15 PM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 6:18 PM ET #89 (permalink)

Hey Kalis!: I know what your least Metal moment is! I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this right: the heel of one of your Hot Topic boots broke off and you fell down the stairs. I know it wasn't your fault, but that could be your least Metal moment :)

Jul 23, 2009 6:59 PM ET #90 (permalink)

Y

Anything involving Hot Topic is considered "not so metal." Actually, it's considered not metal, period.

Jul 23, 2009 7:12 PM ET #91 (permalink)

I must agree with Y for once. Hot Topic.... no, not very metal.

Jul 23, 2009 7:18 PM ET #92 (permalink)

No duh, lots of people who used to go in there don't go there anymore. Kalis doesn't go there anymore; hell I don't even know how many times she stepped in there. I just remember her telling the story, which was was a LOOOOOONG time ago. I was just talking about her falling down the stairs.

(This post was last edited on July 23, 2009 at 7:42 PM ET.)

Jul 23, 2009 7:21 PM ET #93 (permalink)

Y

Even passing by Hot Topic is a painful experience. It's an embarrassment to people who actually like metal and don't put fashion on a higher pedstal than the music. I mean, I love wearing denim and leather, band shirts and boots, but I don't think its all that important. Hot Topic basically makes what you look like more important than the music you're playing/listening to and that's just pathetic.

Jul 23, 2009 8:13 PM ET #94 (permalink)

^Exactly. Hot Topic is the epitomy of the 14yo trendy mallcore ideology. "I herd blakk is in so noa i <;3 metl bandz liek MCR hee hee" - christ, where's my knife, I'm gonna stab someone. "wot, Nightmare B4 Xmess iz trendy? i dont get that moovy its kweepy but im usin my alowence 2 by a jak skelengtin bag yay!" - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wearing band shirts is as far as I'll go with the whole 'metal image' thing. And even that I rarely ever do.

Jul 23, 2009 9:30 PM ET #95 (permalink)

metalheaddrummer101: As far as I know, I'm all Chinese.

Jul 23, 2009 9:31 PM ET #96 (permalink)

Y

I'm half Chinese. My name is full Chinese.

Jul 23, 2009 9:34 PM ET #97 (permalink)

Your name wouldn't happen to be Wing Chu, would it?

Jul 23, 2009 9:58 PM ET #98 (permalink)

Y

No, it's nothing like that. Here: http://www.myspace.com/yulonzhu

This will also help those of you ignorant people out there who, for some reason, think I don't listen to metal.

Jul 23, 2009 10:09 PM ET #99 (permalink)

Could it possibly be that women are far more metal than men? Kali seemed to suggest as much earlier in this thread. I'm thinking that she might very well be right. The last time I bled from my crotch I went screaming for the doctor. But all the women seem to take this personal trauma as a matter of course. In fact, they don't seemed to be alarmed by it at all--just irritated that it happened...yet again...at such an inopportune moment.

Maybe women are the real metallers and the men should hold aloft their banners.

Jul 23, 2009 10:15 PM ET #100 (permalink)

^Women are WAY metal!! Some of the women I've seen, man, the knives they carry - phwoah!! I'd be shitscared of women if they weren't all content to just cut vegetables for my dinner... :P

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum