"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> 'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 147 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 147 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Jul 15, 2009 1:19 AM ET #26 (permalink)

I watch "The Hills" with my two sisters sometimes.

I learned a couple of Paramore songs on guitar for some girls at school.

I also play Hannah Montana/Jonas Bro's songs on guitar for my little cousins while they sing along.

I own a massive collection of pokemon cards.

I'm afraid of insects

I've seen "The Sounds" live, along with a few ska gigs

Jul 15, 2009 1:22 AM ET #27 (permalink)

I didn't mean being female is un-metal. There are a lot of girls at metal shows, but I could count the number of them who are Asian on one hand. Based on my ethnicity, people would naturally assume I wouldn't listen to anything "heavier" than Avril. It's not as if I bleach my hair, wear Lululemon and date a guy with a souped-up Honda. =P

Would I tip the scale too much if I mentioned that Baha Men opened up for 98 Degrees? *shudder*

Jul 15, 2009 1:32 AM ET #28 (permalink)

I almost forgot to mention that my cousins and I are in a secret techno/pop band with a local hit single titled "Fucking On The Dance Floor."

Oh and I used to play guitar in a punk band called "A Negative 3" a few years ago.

Jul 15, 2009 1:36 AM ET #29 (permalink)

That reminds me, I was in a pop band called 3rd Period English. We got a myspace and everything.

Jul 15, 2009 1:51 AM ET #30 (permalink)

americanpatriot1: I just Googled her and you're right; she is hot indeed.

Jul 15, 2009 1:54 AM ET #31 (permalink)

Hey POV I saw AFI once, they were one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

Jul 15, 2009 2:43 AM ET #32 (permalink)

darkstar - Another band with Asian chicks in it is, the Japanese black metal band called "Gallhammer." I'm sure you've heard of them though.

Jul 15, 2009 7:15 AM ET #33 (permalink)

I forgot to mention I'm also a big fan of Alanis Morissette. Do I lose some points for that?

As I mentioned in one of the other threads, I like and have seen Kid Rock and Nickelback and the last concert I went to in 2008 was Status Quo. How's that?

Jul 15, 2009 7:57 AM ET #34 (permalink)

I don't mind listening to Avenged Sevenfold....how's that for unmetal?

And I've seen the Spice Girls in concert and S Club 7....*sheepish smile*

Jul 15, 2009 8:07 AM ET #35 (permalink)

Yellow Machine Gun is another all-female Japanese metal group. FYI

Kali you make a good point about the support of troops making you a Conservative thing. It's just that 99% of the people who show disdain for the military are dyed in the wool, fucked in the head Liberals.

Jul 15, 2009 10:38 AM ET #36 (permalink)

^ I'm gonna have to disagree with you two (AP1 and Kali) on this one. I think not supporting the troops has nothing to do with being liberal and everything to do with just being an idiot. I would say that 99% of "dyed in the wool, fucked in the head Liberals" want the troops to come home and stop being killed for what they (and many others) see as a pointless war. If not wanting more American soldiers to get killed isn't supporting them, I don't know what is. I've seen SO many bumper stickers over the years saying "I support our troops-not the war" and this is in fucking Texas for Christ's sake.
On a side note, I've never met anybody who thinks it's "unmetal" to support the military. Honestly I've never met anyone who wants our men and women to die.

I'm not gonna lie and say that your political views you've stated in this forum and others/threads don't infuriate me. But as a human and a lover of good music to another, I have no personal problem with either of you.

Jul 15, 2009 11:10 AM ET #37 (permalink)

AP1: Jesus is not metal, so consider the source.

Jul 15, 2009 1:02 PM ET #38 (permalink)

IKMTY: Don't take this the wrong way, but your list of thrash bands includes bands that are about as far away from thrash as a band can get.

Jul 15, 2009 1:19 PM ET #39 (permalink)

POV: Even as a proud service member, I have always thought the Iraq thing was rather pointless. However, I don't think we need to just cut and run. Leaving early will just create bigger problems that will haunt us in the future. As far as Assghanistan, a coperative govt. has helped immensely, but an ineffective govt. is hampering us at the same time. We won't be leaving there for a long time. Now for people who had the argument of"no Taliban in Iraq", please. The proof is in the dead, rotting under the Middle Eastern sun.

Jul 15, 2009 1:23 PM ET #40 (permalink)

POV: I also wanted to mention, that our difference of viewpoints is what keeps places like this interesting. Some will call me a blockhead for my views as will I for others, but for the most part, it is civil.

Great avatar by the way.

Jul 15, 2009 2:04 PM ET #41 (permalink)

Hey there blockhead :P

Jul 15, 2009 3:14 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Right back atcha blockhead.

Jul 15, 2009 6:29 PM ET #43 (permalink)

Personally I prefer fucked-in-the-head liberal. Sounds like a fun euphemism to me! And yeah, I hate war specifically because it kills you fine blockheads, americanpatriot. I enjoy reading your comments damnit.

Jul 15, 2009 11:55 PM ET #44 (permalink)

Well don't worry about me DIE. I was too much of a puss to join the rougher services, so you'll be reading annoying little conservative anecdotes for quite some time.

Jul 16, 2009 7:23 AM ET #45 (permalink)

ha for me
playing with my dogs do got to big ass dog but they are
gentle as a puppie

than playing with richardo the baby of my stephdaughter
my own daughter lives in holland

but only lissen for 99%to metal for the rest johny cash

mosh pit used to go lots but cant afford to lose my glasses everytime

now i enjoy when i am on island my wife and the sun
do windsurf lots and love to scubadive
o yeah made my work out of it i

and have to say hate nuevela show
and my biggest secret is went with my daughter one to a
hanna montanna show
was not so bad

Jul 16, 2009 7:47 AM ET #46 (permalink)

Wilco: don't be ashamed of the HM one buddy. Being a good parent is hella metal.

Jul 16, 2009 10:38 AM ET #47 (permalink)

If seeing a couple Willie Nelson concerts, counts as a
"not so metal" moment.?
Count me in..!

Jul 16, 2009 11:10 AM ET #48 (permalink)

"One thing's for certain, Willie Nelson, always smokes killer weed" - Neil Fallon (of Clutch).

Jul 16, 2009 1:39 PM ET #49 (permalink)

Willie Nelson was in the movie Half-Baked, lol. If I remember the movie correctly, their weed was supposed to be top-notch and it didn't even phase Willie.

Jul 16, 2009 7:20 PM ET #50 (permalink)

See, there's a problem....I'm the most metal man ever.

Like Seriously. I have a friend who only speaks in the form of metal song titles.

"Hey Dude! We're on a crazy Train! and when we get off, We'll be on the highway to hell! And if anyone fucks with us on the way, We'll give them Hammer smashed faces."

^Seriosuly, he fuckin does that.

Not to mention the fact that I speak in a constant death-growl at all times. Gets real awkward answering the phone sometimes.

I really cant think of anything that makes me unmetal at all. I'll think about it while I listen to my Britney Spears collection...

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum