"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> 'Not So Metal' Metalhead Moments

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 147 1 2 3 ... 5 6 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 147 1 2 3 ... 5 6 Last
Jul 14, 2009 2:18 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Well, seeing that this is a Metal site, non of you fool me for a second! We all have secrets. This thread is to confess anything you consider non-Metal about yourself; to spill your guilty pleasures and/or quirks; could be something you've done/used to do, something you still do, read, watch, listen to, ect. ; can be silly, odd, or just flat out embarrassing.

Since I got balls, I'll go first.
I talk to my dog like he's a baby, I dance to techno, I like 80's Pop, I sometimes catch a glimpse of The View and Opra , I feel like digital clocks watch me, so I turn my clock to the wall when I get dressed, and I like Creed.

Your turn.

Jul 14, 2009 2:25 PM ET #2 (permalink)

I saw 98 Degrees back when I was 16.

Jul 14, 2009 4:16 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Err I win because my scene is hardcore.
But besides that I like hip hop, Taylor Swift and animals.
Also a sucker for a cute girl.

Jul 14, 2009 4:44 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Much like Wiggles I am partial to Hip-Hop and cute girls. I also enjoy Prince, Phil Collins and Madness. I don't class myself as a "metal" person though so I'm not really bothered, I've always felt more in my element in a proper pub or a football match than at a metal club.

Jul 14, 2009 4:59 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I'm also a sucker for cute girls. My least metal moment was when I shaved my massive beard of epic proportions...that and attending a Country Fest a couple weeks ago.

I've always been able to fit in well with any kind of crowd and I don't fit the stereotype (look) of metal at all. I'm just a really sarcastic dork that enjoys overly labeling it.

I also like opera, the first cd I ever owned was by Eiffle 65 and I bought a Nelly record for tail.

Jul 14, 2009 4:59 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Uh, if the mood strikes me, I like some country music, 80's music of all sorts, I can't stand mosh pits, and I like to masturbate.

Jul 14, 2009 5:04 PM ET #7 (permalink)

A cute girl just needs to smile at me and I'm gone lol.

Jul 14, 2009 5:14 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I don't mind mosh pits but even at my physical peak I stayed out of them. I go to a show to enjoy the music. Perhaps my least "metal moment" happened last friday at our local metal club actually. Myself and a friend were rapping for quite awhile much to the disgust of some bitch who had this look of repulsion on her face. She informed us we were morons for liking rap music and that rapping has no place at a metal club. I then proceeded to explain to her that if she wasn't going to suck my dick she should shut her mouth and fuck off.

Jul 14, 2009 5:19 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Oz: Lol. Good form man!

AP1: Masurbating isn't metal? Who told you this?

Jul 14, 2009 5:35 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I don't know where to start. I watched Gilmore Girls religiously for its entire run! We'll see where that ranks me.

Jul 14, 2009 6:06 PM ET #11 (permalink)

i guess the most unmetal thing about me is my thrash band list. or so ive been told ;)

Jul 14, 2009 8:03 PM ET #12 (permalink)

No, I'm sure there are plenty things that are more "unmetal" about you than that, IKMTY.

Something unmetal about me... My headbands with the bow ties and floral patterns! But then again I am a girl, so I don't know how unmetal that is for me. We need a "metalness" calculator for these very purposes! :P

Jul 14, 2009 8:37 PM ET #13 (permalink)

darkstar and DeathInEye rank pretty high on the not so metal scale right now :D Lol just messin with you guys :)

Jul 14, 2009 9:50 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Hm... I suppoise that my most un-metal thing would be erm... uh... uh... does it count that I love my niece and nefew with all my heaart, and love to spend time with them? Other than that I need a lot of time to think on this one.

Jul 14, 2009 9:56 PM ET #15 (permalink)

"Masurbating isn't metal? Who told you this?"

Jesus told me so.

Jul 14, 2009 10:04 PM ET #16 (permalink)

I occasionally watch Full House and Disney movies (with my wife, of course).

I occasionally listen to The Cure, Coldplay, Muse, classical music (though many metal fans do as well), and The Police.

And really, what guy isn't a sucker for a cute girl? That's how I met my wife.

Jul 14, 2009 10:10 PM ET #17 (permalink)

I'm asian and female. That's permanently un-metal.

Jul 14, 2009 10:35 PM ET #18 (permalink)

I've dated a couple Asian girls back in the day, and one of them was extremely "metal". It confused me though that she hated Asian metal..

Not to sound like I'm stereotyping, but ya know...

Jul 14, 2009 10:36 PM ET #19 (permalink)

I have an adorable kitten calender on my wall. HA! That's negative ten metal points! I'm really not that 'metal.' People don't believe me when I tell them I prefer metal.

Jul 14, 2009 10:42 PM ET #20 (permalink)

My band shirt collection includes an original Journey "World Tour 1986" baseball tee that I found in a vintage clothing shop.

Jul 14, 2009 10:49 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Oh yeah, I babysit for my friends when they go out sometimes, too. That's pretty un-metal.

Jul 14, 2009 11:28 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Let's see...
Me and a bud of mine watched Degrassi for 4 straight hours and were completely captivated.

I enjoy a good fruit smoothie.

I can't grow a beard yet.

Also, I listen to artists such as Anberlin, Limp Bizkit, 3oh!3, Sean Paul, AFI, Bullet for My Valentine, Story of the Year, Switchfoot, etc.

I definitely don't dress metal, I wear the occasional band shirt here and there. I very much care about how I appear.

Jul 14, 2009 11:29 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Oh, I also love kittens and puppies, and find "lolcats" to be hysterical.

Jul 14, 2009 11:40 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Darkstar, don't sell yourself short. The bassist from Chthonic is a female, hot, and very metal.

Jul 15, 2009 12:19 AM ET #25 (permalink)

Since when does being female not equal being metal? Fuck we are more brutal than most of the guys in the kingdom.

For some reason many think it's un-metal to support our troops, so I guess that would be my most un-metal thing. For the life of me I can't see why it is that because you support the troops you are a right-wing conservative, but whatever!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum