"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Metal related stories.

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Metal related stories.

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 37 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 37 1 2 Last
Feb 20, 2010 2:26 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Just post funny, crude, special stories that any of you may have about the wonderful world of metal. Whether its about you and an offensive shirt (hmm) or a great concert where you got your ass knocked out by a 14 year old chick (yea. it happened to me but it was a sucker elbow i tell ya!) or anything else that could be in your arsenal. Enjoy.

Feb 20, 2010 5:38 PM ET #2 (permalink)

MS: theres nothing wrong about getting beat up by a 14 year old chick cause 1. its a girl, you cant hit a girl and 2. she younger than you (im assuming)

i remember i wore a Dark Funeral: Attera Totus Sanctus on an out of uniform day at school, and a teacher was like "what disturbing t-shirt" in such a funny tone that i couldnt help but laugh at her

and another story is that once i was in CD Plus looking at the metal CD's and some 30 year old comes in with a Slipknot shirt, belt, hat and shoes. and then he was a buying a Slipknot CD, to it was the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen

Feb 20, 2010 9:38 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I listen to my iPod on my bus to get home from school. I'm the only one in my school who really listens to metal, so when the people behind me borrowed my iPod they were kind of suprised... Especially by my black metal playlist I had(they thought it was a racial thing), now on the bus I'm known as the kid who listens to "crazy white boy music." Just to make it sadder, most people on my bus are white.

Feb 21, 2010 1:14 AM ET #4 (permalink)

who ever even looks at my iPod is dead, that thing is my life =P

Feb 21, 2010 1:55 AM ET #5 (permalink)

i should probably defend myself before im banned from the site for "being a pussy."

i was at a metal festival in dallas, tx. and i was watching lamb of god. randy blythe wanted a bigger mosh pit, which mind you was already the size of rhode island, so we all made it bigger and bigger and...you get the idea. in between songs everyone started running and jumping around inside this mosh pit in a circular motion and i joined. we went around and around and one of my buddies, who was on the wall of the mosh pit, kinda pushed me so i looked back to see where he was so i could push him back on the next trip around. when i looked back forward all i saw was a huge, fat ass elbow about bridge of the nose high and then i 'faded to black' as it were. for the record: she was fuckin huge, probably a good 220 or 230, im talking abnormaly linebacker looking for her age and gender. she ended feeling sorry for bloodying up my nose and knocking me unconscious and got her mom to buy me a beer.
and yes, i was about 22 i think and she was 14. and thats my slightly embarrasing moment at a metal festival.

*and COHACE: if i did hit a girl my mom would likely come over to my apartment and kill me, varg style.

(This post was last edited on February 21, 2010 at 1:57 AM ET.)

Feb 21, 2010 5:19 AM ET #6 (permalink)

numerous ones involving mosh pits...

nearly getting my arm broken at napalm death:

Napalm Death gig: same night as slayer lipknot were playing in south london ND were playing the Camden Underworld.. for those that have no idea what that venue is like.. imagine a shoe box with concrete pillars in the dance floor keeping the pub above from sinking into its basement. Ghengis Tron were good and had a few pits which was unexpected then ND came on. pit central.. Im never really one for pits at gigs, so im always on the fringe pushing people back into the pit or dragging them out when they need it.
This huge fucking northern hairmonster come barrelling out of the it at high speed arms whirling like johan hegg in full windmill mode. i manage to avoid the punches as i send him back from where he came.. apparently he didnt like this and came back at me and grabbed my arm, attempting to drag me into the pit, im at full stretch when someone comes out of the pit backwards and on to my forearm, which then bent at a bad angle. he then shot off and my other hand slammed into face of harimonster.. he then left me alone....

Feb 21, 2010 12:12 PM ET #7 (permalink)

MS: holy fuck, thats nuts man, and i just wouldnt be able to bring my self to hit any chick, unless she was acting like a complete cunt... like on that movie with Saline Dion

Feb 21, 2010 5:53 PM ET #8 (permalink)

What's made me laugh so far: "northern hairmonster", "abnormally linebacker looking", and "crazy white boy music".

At one of my first shows, I wore flip flops, so was pretty much begging to go home with no toes. When I was 16 and dressed like a whore my strapless top failed me when I went to go see Taproot (cringe). Did I mention it was an all ages show?

At an August Burns Red show (I know, STFU Summit) I twisted my ankle and had 11 people fall on top of me when this clearly delusional NBA-sized guy tried to crowd surf. I'm little and me getting absolutely beat to shit at shows is normal for me now. Getting hurt is just part of it if you want to have a good time!

Feb 21, 2010 11:44 PM ET #9 (permalink)

ok. ok. there we go..."clearly delusional NBA-sized guy" fuckin funny. getting hurt sucks but beer definently helps in those sitruations, i dont know if you were of drinking age at the (slight chuckle) august burns red show but it probably wouldve helped.

btw: flip flops are a definant no-go when you have big(ger) dudes running around with steel toe boots and what not. it makes me cringe everytime i think about my toes getting murdered by one of those dudes...ooohhhh...

Feb 22, 2010 2:10 PM ET #10 (permalink)

There was once a family of very METAL bears...

Wait, is that not what we were going for with this thread?

Feb 22, 2010 4:44 PM ET #11 (permalink)

not quite nat...but i would like to hear more...

Feb 22, 2010 9:53 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Is that the story where Denim-locks breaks into their house, listens to their Priest CDs, drinks their whisky and starts a mosh pit with Zno White and the Seven Roadies?

Feb 22, 2010 9:59 PM ET #13 (permalink)

goddamn thats funny diamond!

Feb 23, 2010 5:13 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Haha most hilarious thread on this site? I think so. xD.

Feb 25, 2010 3:47 AM ET #15 (permalink)

When Bolt Thrower played camden underworld a few years back, i somehow managed to scrounge a ticket. went up there with some mates to the world end pub for a few befor the gig. Saw that 4 of the 5 Band members were at the bar too..
bit of a tool but got them to sign my ticket.
They said if i wanted the vocalists signature i would have to go into the streets and get him a bag of weed..

my response was. " this is Camden.. If someone in a metal band cant score weed in this part of London then he really has no hope"
They laughed and agreed.

Feb 25, 2010 8:50 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Camden is a weird place. I have never seen drugs dealt so casually in my life. Was harder to find a pub than it was to find crack.

Feb 25, 2010 9:57 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Me and some friends were at some commercial rock gig. A metal band called Ruin was supposed to open for this gay ass mainstream rock band, and since they were friends of ours, we went. (plus, metal in this side of Pakistan is hard to come by, scene's much better down south in Karachi) When they started playing 5 of us (in a seated crowd of around 500) went up to the front stage and started headbanging like crazy. Halfway through their second song, the security guard told us to stop as it was indecent. So yeah, the 5 of us were sent to our seats.

Most fucked up part was that when the mainstream rock band played, the fuckers in the crowd started headbanging to their Limb Bizkit meats Nickelback crap. I mean, dude if you gotta headbang, HEADBANG TO FUCKING METAL!!!

(This post was last edited on February 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM ET.)

Feb 26, 2010 2:21 PM ET #18 (permalink)

thers thise little BA music cafe by my town and i thout it was a cool funy cawencadence that next to it is a tatto parlor,head shop,and bar,ultimate ausomnes at 1 convienient location although they all r sepert busneses

Feb 27, 2010 4:34 AM ET #19 (permalink)

When I was 16 (and again, read: a WHORE) there was this band called Set Your Demise that was out of eastern Oregon. They never got big at all but because we were from the same state whenever they were in town we'd go to their show when they were opening for whoever was bigger and better than them. Anyways, the vocalist was one steamy pot of hot to us little girls, so trying to get some attention, we made t-shirts that said "I heard Set Your Demise and creamed my panties". I know. Our parents failed in our upbringing.

Right before their set started they're warming up and stuff, and the vocalist spots us down in front, reads our shirts, and says to me "Sweetheart. This is an all-ages show, I can't say that shit. But YOU can." He pulled me up on stage, I screamed what my shirt said into the mic, the crowd went wild, and I dived into them, commencing my first crowd-surfing experience ever.

Now let's all have a moment of silence for my dignity.

Feb 27, 2010 7:29 AM ET #20 (permalink)

R.I.P LDB00's Dignity

:P

Feb 27, 2010 9:01 AM ET #21 (permalink)

On the plus side of her story, she did get to crowd surf. I've never done that but I've never been one to be into that kind of thing. Don't want to stage dive, crowd surf and I'm not a fan of being in the pits. I'm that (sexy) guy at the back just watching the bands with a beer.

Feb 27, 2010 11:40 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Who cares about digninty that story was hilarious xD

Feb 27, 2010 12:58 PM ET #23 (permalink)

crowd surfing at Wacken with Carnivore on stage with topless women in fishnets with supersoakers full of "blood"

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 27, 2010 5:25 PM ET #24 (permalink)

holy shit deadbeat....thats funny as fuck.

im gonna get a 21 gun salute going for ya. youre welcome.

whatever happend to the shirt? do you where it during laundry day? hehe

Feb 27, 2010 6:08 PM ET #25 (permalink)

That fuckin shirt's long dead and buried along with any semblance of my teenage reputation.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum