"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Looking for feedback on my metal-inspired novel, and thanks for all your support over the years MU regulars!

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Looking for feedback on my metal-inspired novel, and thanks for all your support over the years MU regulars!

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Jan 25, 2016 12:19 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Some of you probably saw the news story we posted, but I wanted to post here and ask directly to see if anyone would be interested in helping me out by reviewing my new novel or even just giving me some feedback here. It's been a long road to finally getting published, and I can say without hesitation that my time at Metalunderground.com played a big role in getting to the point where a publisher would actually look at my work.

It would mean a lot if I could get some feedback from the regulars who have been a part of the site for the entire time I've been here (and in some cases even before!) or if anyone wanted to help out by spreading the word. You can get "Empty" super cheap at http://www.amazon.com/Empty-Ty-Arthur-ebook/dp/B01AK3NEH2 (or read for free if you have Kindle Unlimited).

Metal of course played a big part in the story's creation as well, and here's my recommended listening playlist if you want a metal soundtrack while reading along:

“Oversee The Rebirth” - Augury
“Distant Satellites” - Anathema
“Heavens Black Sea” - Ihsahn
“Algae” - Stagnant Waters
“NeutroN ShivA” - Blacklodge
“Dying For The Sun” - Witherscape
“Across The Universe” - Aborym
“Painters of the Tempest (Part I): Wyrmholes” - Ne Obliviscaris
“Inside The Particle Storm” - Dark Tranquillity
“Gateways” - Dimmu Borgir
“Carcosa” - Saille

Jan 25, 2016 2:53 PM ET #2 (permalink)

As soon as I finish it I will post a review here and on Amazon as well Ty. I just ordered it today and my weekend next week is looking pretty full, but when I get a few minutes to bang it out I will do you righteous bruthah.

Jan 25, 2016 5:03 PM ET #3 (permalink)

That would be awesome, thanks man!

Jan 29, 2016 12:43 PM ET #4 (permalink)

For anyone interested, I put together an Imgur collection explaining each track on the playlist, how it inspired my writing, and why metal fans should be checking these bands out at http://imgur.com/gallery/ME5cu

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum