"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

brother gary

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> brother gary

Displaying 15 posts
Displaying 15 posts
Apr 21, 2015 8:38 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Today did read on fb sad news about our brother gary. That he died in his house at the age of 46 . Gary had true passion about his guitars and wanted to start a custom shop to build his axes . The conversations we did had on metalground and fb they give me good memories the last one we had was going with me to europe brother rip will see you on the otherside untill we meet again rip brother

Apr 21, 2015 10:06 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Gary was a fantastic guy. Always seemed really easy going and friendly to pretty much everyone. He knew so much about guitars and music that it was hard not to be impressed by him. Great man. R.I.P.

Apr 21, 2015 11:14 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Forsure

Apr 21, 2015 2:45 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Spoke with him a few times on the phone. Funny son of a bitch too. Would always tell me about his trucking days. Dude got more pussy than a toilet seat. He laughed his ass off when I told him that. Gonna miss you bud. The roads will be a little quieter without you.

Apr 21, 2015 3:06 PM ET #5 (permalink)

RIP Godlike...

I barely knew him - only through what he's posted here. I can't recall even an exchange between him and I. Even so, I enjoyed his sense of humor and brotherhood he brought to MU. He is missed here and even more so at home.

The following is his obituary I found online:

Gary N. Snyder, 46, died unexpectedly March 10, 2015 at his home in Waukon. In honoring Gary’s wishes, his body was cremated, and the family will be hosting a memorial/celebration of life gathering Sunday, March 29 at 1 p.m., with fellowship to follow. That gathering will be held at the Waukon Banquet Center, 612 Rossville Road in Waukon.

Gary was born January 21, 1969 in Independence, the son of Henry L. and Julia A. (Thompson) Snyder. He attended school at, and graduated from, Decorah High School with the Class of 1987. Following graduation, Gary worked several different jobs before settling into driving semi, which afforded him the opportunity to experience lots of interesting places and develop friendships all over the country.

Gary will be fondly remembered for two main things, his tremendous sense of humor and his unparalleled passion for music. Gary picked up a guitar in his early youth and never let it go. He was an accomplished musician. Whether playing in bands or just picking the guitar with friends, he always put his soul into the music he played. Recently, he had been focusing that passion on building custom guitars, with the intent of starting a business to do so with a close friend.

Gary is survived by his son, Gage McMurrin of Cedar Rapids; his sister, Gordalana (Gordie) Neubauer of Cresco; his sister-in-law, Deb (Hank) Snyder of Decorah; his brother, Eric (Rick) and Kris Snyder of Cedar Falls; his brother, Jeff Snyder of Cresco; his sister, Marquesa Snyder of Ankeny; his brother, Paul Renner of Ohio; his father, Henry Snyder of Independence; his long-time friend, Tammy Jostand, and son, Jonathon, of Waukon; and many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends throughout the country.

Gary was predeceased by his brother, Hank Snyder of Decorah; his brother-in-law, Todd Neubauer of Cresco; and his mother, Julia (Judy) Snyder of Decorah.

Cards or gifts of remembrance can be forwarded to P.O. Box 42, Decorah, IA 52101.

Obit courtesy of: http://www.waukonstandard.com/articles/2015/03/25/gary-snyder

Apr 21, 2015 3:17 PM ET #6 (permalink)

While waiting for a comment to be approved in moderation, here are some of Godlike's jokes pulled from the joke thread.

Kathy is on her way home from a trip to the circus with her son Billy.. All the way home, Billy is bouncing his balloon around in the car and its driving his mom crazy.!
This is only adding to her frustration of holding off taking a shit until she gets home.!
Once they get home, Billy resumes bouncing that balloon around the house.. while his mom runs to the bathroom.!
Once she gets to the bathroom she discovers that they are out of toilet paper.!
So out of anger and frustration she yells at Billy to "quit playing with the damn balloon and find something to do" while she runs to the store for some toilet paper..!
As she runs out the door, Billy hits the balloon one last time... and as he walks off to his room, the balloon slowly floats through the air and lands in the toilet.!
By the time Kathy gets home from the store, her stomach is rumbling and gurgling so bad, she isn't paying any attention as she sits down and proceeds to unload.. As she finishes her duty and stands up to flush.. she sees that huge pile of shit in the toilet and freaks out..!!
Not knowing what to do, she decides to call her doctor, who agrees to come over and see what the problem is.?
Upon entering the bathroom, the doctor notices the huge pile of shit in the toilet.. He takes out his pen and leans in closer to get a better look and as he pokes the pile of shit, suddenly it explodes and covers him and the entire bathroom in shit.!
Kathy is embarrassed beyond belief and immediately begins to apologize to the doctor. The doctor turns around and in a state of shock he says.. " In twenty five years of being a doctor I have seen many things.. but ma'am., that is the first time I have ever seen a fart."

Q - Whats the difference between meat and fish.?
A - If you beat your fish it dies.!

A guy walks into the bar and sits down to order a drink..
The bartender looks at the guy and says " Damn, where did you get the black eyes and the bloody lips.?"
The guy says " My wife"
The bartender says " Holy shit.. what did you do to piss her off.? "
The guy says " I called her a cheap whore.!"
The bartender replies with.. "Damn buddy, how many times did she hit you.?"
The guy says " It only took one swing with that bag of nickels she brought home.!"

Q. What was Helen Keller's favorite color.?
A. Corduroy

Q. Why did Helen Keller's dog keep running away.?
A. You would run away too if your name was uuuuggghhhhuuuhhhh

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.
"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."
A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."
Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"
Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.
Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."
A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

Apr 21, 2015 3:20 PM ET #7 (permalink)

OK, I now have TWO comments waiting moderation on this thread (plus one in the article on the main site) I guess both hyperlinks and copy/paste is frowned upon.

Anyways... Rest In Peace, Gary... you are dearly missed, even by those who hardly knew you.

Apr 21, 2015 4:12 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Very sorry to hear this...

Apr 22, 2015 8:52 AM ET #9 (permalink)

I will say, that knowing Godlike was a pleasure and I'm sure he was pleased that we got the news on 4/20.

Apr 22, 2015 3:00 PM ET #10 (permalink)

For those who haven't seen his obituary, here the link I tried to post yesterday.

www(dot)waukonstandard(d0t)com/articles/2015/03/25/gary-snyder

Apr 22, 2015 3:06 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Tried to post all of godlike's jokes from the jokes thread, but I think it was too long to post. Here my 2nd shot at it.

Kathy is on her way home from a trip to the circus with her son Billy.. All the way home, Billy is bouncing his balloon around in the car and its driving his mom crazy.!
This is only adding to her frustration of holding off taking a shit until she gets home.!
Once they get home, Billy resumes bouncing that balloon around the house.. while his mom runs to the bathroom.!
Once she gets to the bathroom she discovers that they are out of toilet paper.!
So out of anger and frustration she yells at Billy to "quit playing with the damn balloon and find something to do" while she runs to the store for some toilet paper..!
As she runs out the door, Billy hits the balloon one last time... and as he walks off to his room, the balloon slowly floats through the air and lands in the toilet.!
By the time Kathy gets home from the store, her stomach is rumbling and gurgling so bad, she isn't paying any attention as she sits down and proceeds to unload.. As she finishes her duty and stands up to flush.. she sees that huge pile of shit in the toilet and freaks out..!!
Not knowing what to do, she decides to call her doctor, who agrees to come over and see what the problem is.?
Upon entering the bathroom, the doctor notices the huge pile of shit in the toilet.. He takes out his pen and leans in closer to get a better look and as he pokes the pile of shit, suddenly it explodes and covers him and the entire bathroom in shit.!
Kathy is embarrassed beyond belief and immediately begins to apologize to the doctor. The doctor turns around and in a state of shock he says.. " In twenty five years of being a doctor I have seen many things.. but ma'am., that is the first time I have ever seen a fart."

Q - Whats the difference between meat and fish.?
A - If you beat your fish it dies.!
A guy walks into the bar and sits down to order a drink..
The bartender looks at the guy and says " Damn, where did you get the black eyes and the bloody lips.?"
The guy says " My wife"
The bartender says " Holy shit.. what did you do to piss her off.? "
The guy says " I called her a cheap whore.!"
The bartender replies with.. "Damn buddy, how many times did she hit you.?"
The guy says " It only took one swing with that bag of nickels she brought home.!"

continued...

Apr 22, 2015 3:10 PM ET #12 (permalink)

How does a nun get pregnant.?
She has to dress up like an alter boy.!
Q. What was Helen Keller's favorite color.?
A. Corduroy

Q. Why did Helen Keller's dog keep running away.?
A. You would run away too if your name was uuuuggghhhhuuuhhhh

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.
"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."
A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."
Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"
Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.
Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."
A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

Since he was known for his laughter, I just felt it appropriate to put his jokes all in one place here. I'm sure he probably told a few other worthy jokes in the sup fuckers threads... For those who knew him well, maybe a good tribute could also be to post your favorite jokes he shared.

Apr 24, 2015 11:21 PM ET #13 (permalink)

This really screwed me up. It makes me worry about everybody else I always used to talk to on here, you guys I see now, and some of the others that have dissappeared (like I have) for a while. Ive made a lot of good friends on this site, and Gary was one of em. I hope the rest of you guys are doin ok, enjoy life while you have it, godlike definitely did, and I doubt he regrets a moment.

May 8, 2015 4:20 PM ET #14 (permalink)

I am well FAN. You should drop by more often.

Nov 5, 2015 9:21 PM ET #15 (permalink)

I've only just seen this Thread, now; although Blindgreed1; you did tell me about this news, yesterday. I'm so very sorry, and my sincere sympathy goes to all of Gary's friends (including all his friends here!) and his family. This is very sad news, and I only wish that I had gotten to know Gary a little better, as he sounds like he was a lovely fella, who was loved by all who knew him.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum