"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

NFL 2014-15

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> NFL 2014-15

Displaying 25 posts
Displaying 25 posts
Sep 19, 2014 3:21 PM ET #1 (permalink)

My Eagles are looking good. AP1's Saints... Not so much, but thanks for Sproles. He's working out well. Godlike's Chiefs? Well, welcome to the Andy Reid "I can almost taste it" era. Sound off fuckers!

Sep 21, 2014 12:04 PM ET #2 (permalink)

How's the Redskins getting on? I adopted them as my team after hanging out with Gorecunt.

Sep 22, 2014 6:59 PM ET #3 (permalink)

They lost to the Eagles yesterday 37-34 in a hard fought battle. Big news on the Skins right now is thier backup QB seems to be performing better than RGIII who was sidelined last week with a sprained ankle.

Sep 23, 2014 4:54 PM ET #4 (permalink)

That's a shame, though better to lose by a few points than to get battered I suppose. Has the season only just started?

Sep 24, 2014 10:31 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Hopefully my Saints can turn it around and get it done.

Sep 24, 2014 11:23 AM ET #6 (permalink)

@ Oz: Tomorrow's game will begin week 4.

AP1: Plenty of football left and Brees and co. can set it off at any given moment. I honestly think a lot of injuries and miscommunications in the biginning of this season has everything to do with the limited practise time in the off season this year. The Players union needs to back the hell off and let the teams gel and condition like they used to do.

Sep 30, 2014 11:58 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Last night was proof that Andy Reid still has a raging hard on for Bill Belleichick. 41-14 godlike's Chiefs shellacked the Pats.

Sep 30, 2014 12:53 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Even though I don't know much about the sport, I was surprised the Redskins lost to the Giants.

And before anyone asks, no I didn't watch the NFL game at Wembley.

Oct 1, 2014 6:33 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I was surprised as well. The Skins looked great against my Iggs and until that game I wasn't sold on NY finding a rhythm in the offense but the Gmen played well on both sides of the ball.

Oct 1, 2014 7:28 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I'm watching the new South Park and they are laying into the Redskins brilliantly. Good stuff.

Oct 2, 2014 6:56 PM ET #11 (permalink)

South Park, American football... Just get your ass over here Oz.

Oct 2, 2014 6:56 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Just noticed the advert for Eagles tickets below \m/\m/

Oct 2, 2014 8:15 PM ET #13 (permalink)

But I did! Living in Scotland now and it's either Turkey or Greece on the agenda for me next.

Oct 10, 2014 12:20 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Should be a good one Sunday night. Eagles vs. Giants. Both teams are talking mad smack.

Oct 13, 2014 4:12 PM ET #15 (permalink)

I was not expecting a 27-0 blowout. Giants better shape it up before next weekend.

Oct 27, 2014 2:02 AM ET #16 (permalink)

soo, watched the Detroit Atlanta and NO GB game.. question....

how shall I go about deciding what team to support...

please apply this to hockey as well

try and use logic and not just support my team they are the best

Oct 27, 2014 10:36 AM ET #17 (permalink)

In the NFL I support the Redskins because Gorecunt does and I've actually hung out with him.

In the NHL I support the Canucks because Darkstar does and I've actually hung out with her. That's all the logic I needed.

Good luck watching the NHL here though. Pretty much gotta rely on streams.

Oct 27, 2014 11:58 AM ET #18 (permalink)

well aware that I wont ever see nhl on uk tv. still at least the Romford raiders still play local.. or did until recently.

not massively helpful on nfl though dude

Oct 27, 2014 12:23 PM ET #19 (permalink)

They show NHL on Premier Sports or something like that, but it's one of those channels hidden at the back of the sports section and you have to pay for it. I went to see Swindon Wldcats vs Telford Tigers a year back and it was great fun. The thing that freaked me out was having to stand for the national anthem, which I've only done before when I went to see England play Slovakia. Didn't seem appropriate for Swindon vs Telford.

As far as the NFL goes, it's hard to pick one from a neutral point of view unless you've got a friend who's picked a team, then just go with them, or if you've got family in one of the cities/states that have a team. Makes it more interesting. Otherwise it's purely a case of what name or kit you like. I've tried so many times to get into the sport itself but I can't. I do like having a team to follow though, same reason I follow Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Turkish Super Lig and the Greek Super League, because there's teams there I have a fondness for so it's easier to keep up to date with.

Probably recommend against the Jacksonville Jaguars though because they've always been wank and they share an owner with Fulham.

(This post was last edited on October 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM ET.)

Oct 27, 2014 3:28 PM ET #20 (permalink)

How to go about selecting a team? That's a tough one since every year each team is different. I guess it would come down to what you prefer to watch. Some teams run an old fashioned offense with a lot of run plays up the middle (see Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs). Others go with a lot of pass plays (see Pats, Eagles, Saints). Ideally, teams should have a balanced run/pass offense because they are the hardest to defend. My Eagles are getting balanced, but a lot of things play into that (injuries or the particular defense) being successful or unsuccessful. The game we lost last night to the Cardinals is exactly why I watch NFL football. My team lost but it was a hard fought battle up to the very last second and there is no shame in the way that game was played by either team.

Oct 30, 2014 12:00 PM ET #21 (permalink)

NFCE predictions for this week:
Cowballs - L to the Cards.
Giants - L to the Colts.
Skins - W against the Vikes
Eagles W against the Texans (I hope, this is our trap game)

Nov 24, 2014 5:01 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Caught the first half of New England Detroit game. now catching up with last nights Giants Cowboys game.

figured Pats would do the lions, not to sure on the other game but i'd lean towards the Cowboys.

yes I know I could just look up online bt no. I is watching footbawls

Mar 31, 2015 4:41 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Everything old is new again for you aye Jackrum?

Apr 13, 2015 1:53 AM ET #24 (permalink)

An old manager I used to work with now works as security for the Bank Atlantic center, so he gave me free tickets to go see a hockey game recently. I saw the Florida Panthers get stomped by Tampa Bay 4-0. I think I like this game. There were mascots eating other mascots, and fistfights. I do believe Im going to become a hockey fan soon.

Fuck football.

(This post was last edited on April 13, 2015 at 1:54 AM ET.)

May 28, 2015 2:23 PM ET #25 (permalink)

We have hockey threads FAN. I just wasn't much interested this year because my Flyers were shit. Lol. I love hockey and football.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum