"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

FOOTBALL, the european style you yanks call soccer

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> FOOTBALL, the european style you yanks call soccer

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 38 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 38 1 2 Last
Aug 30, 2014 12:42 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Its now three weekends into the new season for us over here in the uk. I thought i'd start a new one rather than dig the old one out.

Oz's team are back in the top flight, and got destroyed by my lot last week.

anyone up for a bit of banter or will I end up like the last one with just me and Oz

Aug 30, 2014 1:47 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Most likely me and you mate now that the World Cup has been and gone. And yes, we were fucking dreadful last week and deserved everything your boys inflicted, however at least we got off the mark today with a win over Sunderland. Nice not to wait 17 games before a win. I'm pissed off that we've just sold Danny Simpson to Leicester and about to flog Remy to Chelscum though.

Aug 31, 2014 10:31 AM ET #3 (permalink)

and we got destroyed by the bin dippers today

Sep 1, 2014 3:00 PM ET #4 (permalink)

All about transfer deadline day today. I really really want Defoe, though I'll be happy enough with just Fabio Borini. Sandro I'm unsure about.

Sep 3, 2014 6:16 AM ET #5 (permalink)

well you got the Beast Sandro. a player that no Spurs fan wanted to sell.

we got some French bloke no one has heard of....

the scummers got welbeck

Sep 3, 2014 12:26 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Better than them landing Falcao. Seeing the reaction from Spurs fans assures me that we've got a good player in Sandro and I'm happy that Niko is back (so is my sister...)

Sep 4, 2014 5:30 AM ET #7 (permalink)

should have got rid of bentaleb not Beast

Sep 5, 2014 7:18 AM ET #8 (permalink)

I'll be glad when this international break is over. Remember the days when we watched England because we wanted to, instead of out of obligation? Watching England games are like going to your untalented child's school play. You know it's going to be shit, but you just have to watch.

Sep 5, 2014 2:32 PM ET #9 (permalink)

i didn't want them to beat Norway. giving shreck is the same as giving blair a philanthropy award for his work in Iraq.

Sep 5, 2014 3:32 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Heh. We're gonna draw against Switzerland. Calling it now. The most boring England team I've ever seen. We all know who should have got the England job...

Sep 8, 2014 10:03 AM ET #11 (permalink)

I should have.

I want them to win because its a qualifier. other than that I really don't care. Sch a crap team, how shrek got the captaincy is beyond my comprehension. He is massively overrated and his only consistency is in how sup par his performances are

Sep 8, 2014 4:47 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Better performance tonight from England. Welbeck surprised me. Still a long way from the high some people expect us to achieve.

Also Adrian Chiles has somehow got even worse. He must give great head, because I can't work out why the fuck anyone would employ him.

Sep 8, 2014 9:47 PM ET #13 (permalink)

still sub par

Sep 10, 2014 4:22 PM ET #14 (permalink)

looking forward to see coach van gaal how he would do this year at manchester united

Sep 11, 2014 1:33 PM ET #15 (permalink)

I like van Gaal but I hope he loses again this Sunday when he's visited by QPR.

Sep 13, 2014 2:55 AM ET #16 (permalink)

The way utd have been playing that could well happen.

Sep 14, 2014 7:49 PM ET #17 (permalink)

Not with my fucking luck...

Sep 16, 2014 10:13 AM ET #18 (permalink)

love how when we beat your lot 4 nil all the papers are "not god enough, spurs should have done better"

man utd beat your lot 4 nil and all the papers are TITLE CONTENDERS

we did it first, man utd will be lucky to get 6th

Sep 16, 2014 11:52 AM ET #19 (permalink)

We could make Sunderland look world class. Pisses me off that us getting slapped again should suddenly be considered title changing news just because of who did it.

Sep 17, 2014 12:03 PM ET #20 (permalink)

what do you expect. its man ure

Sep 17, 2014 3:02 PM ET #21 (permalink)

I know, but it's still annoying. Really hoping we can do the business against Stoke on Saturday. I'll be watching it with my family hours before I move to Scotland and I want the nice image of a disappointed Mark Hughes to think about.

Sep 19, 2014 3:23 PM ET #22 (permalink)

I tried really hard to get into it during the cup this year, but sorry fellas... It just doesn't do it for me.

Sep 20, 2014 4:56 AM ET #23 (permalink)

I'll be missing all the games today due to all day gig in Camden.

thank Oden for score updates on my phone though

Sep 23, 2014 4:56 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Shocked at the Spurs result the other day, though pleased with Kranjcar's late equaliser for the R's. Watching the Liverpool - Middlesborough game atm. Kind of want 'boro to win because they're the underdogs, but on the other hand, Middlesborough is one of the biggest shit holes I've ever been to.

Sep 26, 2014 12:59 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Well, we done Forest. going to lose to the scum tomorrow. Got no confidence in getting a result tomorrow.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum