"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hey guys, checkout my groundbreaking idea to promote my band's image

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Hey guys, checkout my groundbreaking idea to promote my band's image

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
May 5, 2014 1:59 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I have an innovative idea to promote my band's image, something that I don't think has been done before....

You know, you look at these bands:

Metallica's shtick: being a popular band on the radio that played good Metal

Guns n Roses' shtick: being a popular band that had a bad boy image

Nirvana's shtick: bringing back non-pretentious music back to the mainstream

Radiohead's shtick: bringing art-rock back to the mainstream

And so on and so forth...

...Well, why not take advantage of these global uprisings and political/cultural unrest, and have my band's image be centered around channeling that?
In other words, the band would be marketed in a way that would help people channel their political/cultural frustrations (could be a Colombian fed up with inequality to a European fed up with forced multiculturalism, to an American fed up with big money politics etc).

This would be done by the band eventually creating a gigantic political website/app/etc that’ll serve as the largest political hub in the world. The website/app will have an array of features that’ll get average citizens to finally put their communities into their own hands, by helping them change local laws at an unprecedented level

I mean as far as I know, this hasn't been done before on a major scale. Ever. It'd be a very 21st century style of a band, where it's connected with everybody in an unprecedented way, and my band would be at the forefront of this movement.

What are you initial thoughts of this?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum