"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Ov Hell

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Ov Hell

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Feb 17, 2010 5:49 PM ET #26 (permalink)

i agree with ya metalfan. i dont listen to anything cannibal corpse with corpsegrinder on it. except for a few dabbles into, i think the albums called, bloodthirsty. the song pounded into dust is pretty damn cool.

another point. i see what ur saying diamond oz. im not big on shock value either but its really hard to buy a gorgoroth shirt without somethin, somethin satan on it, ya know? or any black metal shirt really except for the more 'avant-garde' black metal bands. but if wearing a burning church or an inverted cross comes with supporting the bands i love then im all for it. isnt jesus is a cunt from a cradle of filth shirt? thats funny, and crude but i wouldnt wear that mainly cuz its COF...

Feb 17, 2010 7:55 PM ET #27 (permalink)

^actually, chris barnes does pretty much the same exact style of screaming on the earlier albums besides his death growl. Dont believe me? listen to Six Feet Under right now and tell me he isnt using both vocals from time to time. They would have become more apparent in Cannibal corpse's music eventually if he had stayed in the band anyway.

Besides the fact, I really cant understand how a person can think the instrumental side of CC got weaker, considering Kill and Evisceration Plague are their heaviest and most technically impressive albums to date. I havent liked CC UNTIL those two albums, more specifically the last one, because they sounded like bland death metal before to me.

As for Offensive t-shirts....I have a Goatwhore shirt that says "Who Needs a God When You've Got Satan?" in giant letters on the back, and the "t" in Satan, is an inverted cross. I cant wear it anywhere but concerts, or even let my family know I own it, or I risk getting disowned lol. Other than that, I just look for shirts that look real cool. Like my Lamb of god shirt has a giant shot gun made of a man's spine. :P

Feb 17, 2010 9:48 PM ET #28 (permalink)

I'm going to sound like a girl for a sec, and therefore fashion-conscious, but where do you guys pick up these shirts? I have some offending to do.

Feb 17, 2010 11:16 PM ET #29 (permalink)

i usually go to rockabilia.com for most of the shirts. if you want super obscure ones then you just need to visit the bands' label website. but yea, rockabilia is pretty good. i love band shirts, its practically the only kind i wear. offend away girl!

Feb 18, 2010 5:22 AM ET #30 (permalink)

get all my shirts at gigs..

Feb 18, 2010 3:47 PM ET #31 (permalink)

anywhere online.

Feb 18, 2010 8:50 PM ET #32 (permalink)

does anyone know of any other good sites to get metal shirts from? indulge me please...thanks!

Feb 19, 2010 7:23 PM ET #33 (permalink)

So just realized metalfan said he's only 14. Jesus kid, you kinda know what the fuck you're talking about huh? When I was 14 I thought Linkin Park was so metal. Heresy.

Feb 19, 2010 8:05 PM ET #34 (permalink)

hahaha thank you livingdeadbeat xD. but to be honest i thought slipknot was metal a year ago...

Feb 19, 2010 8:41 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Hey Summit, I distinctly remember someone getting shit from our platoon sergeant, Jesus Mancias, over a certain COF shirt that someone left out during a room inspection? Do you remember that?

Feb 19, 2010 8:43 PM ET #36 (permalink)

^^ Oh, do tell.

Feb 19, 2010 9:00 PM ET #37 (permalink)

hahahaha i'm eager to know if it was the "Jesus is a piece of shit" tee

Feb 19, 2010 10:09 PM ET #38 (permalink)

hey there david, oh, i mean metalupyourass...i remember that now like it was yesterday. i totally forgot i owned that shirt. "jesus is a cunt", but heres the story. (sit around the campfire kids! grab the graham crackers KC.) we had a platoon sergeant by the name, jesus mancias, and he was a TOTAL DICK. he didnt like me or david at all for various reasons, david can list those, it may take a while. so anyways, we had a barracks inspection where he and a few other sergeants would walk through our rooms and check for cleanliness or lack there of. i just did laundry so i had a couple of metal shirts, "jesus is a cunt" one of them, sitting out on my bed. he flipped it over and wa-la he took offense straight away. the look in his eyes omitted a fear in me ive never felt before. like i was facing death himself. i told him it wasnt referring to his name but he made me do probably a couple thousand pushups throughout the next week or so. i was targeted ,as it were, by an angry mexican with a lot of rank. it was hell week for me.

so thats the story, short form for yall. hope you enjoyed one of my many military blunders. hails.

Feb 19, 2010 10:15 PM ET #39 (permalink)

actually, heres another story while im at it. im gonna sound like a total dick for telling this but here we go. this is still involving that damn cradle of filth shirt (it was a curse i tell ya!). david and i were at blockbuster i believe it was and i had to go across the parking lot to the atm. so while walking out of the store a lady and her child probably 5 or 6 years old came out behind me. after a few feet, the lady tapped me on the shoulder and i turned around. she said in a very stern voice, "excuse me but your shirt is very offensive! my child here can read that c-word!" and i said, "well, thats your fault for teaching him how to read, isnt it?" she didnt like that very much and she stormed off with child in hand. i feel like an asshole really but whatever. that was the last time i ever wore that shirt im sure.

Feb 19, 2010 10:23 PM ET #40 (permalink)

^^ Aaaand you're done, that wins forever.

Feb 19, 2010 11:49 PM ET #41 (permalink)

For story one: I don't know what to say, the name of your boss just SUCKS and you were at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Story two: Hahahaha way to tell a random prick off xD

Feb 20, 2010 12:38 AM ET #42 (permalink)

well. im glad you all enjoyed my adventures in texas. that first story was just unfortunate, youre right. and the second story was actually kinda funny. thanks everyone...

(This post was last edited on February 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM ET.)

Feb 20, 2010 12:50 AM ET #43 (permalink)

xD storytime's over

Feb 20, 2010 1:21 AM ET #44 (permalink)

Ha, nice stories. :)

Feb 20, 2010 7:05 AM ET #45 (permalink)

do0 we need a thread for metal related stories??

got one about meeting most of bolt thrower...

Feb 20, 2010 1:42 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Go for it, I'm sure most everyone here would have one or two.

Feb 21, 2010 5:29 PM ET #47 (permalink)

Sorry to interrupt with an older topic but let's not forget that while Chris Barnes was in Cannibal Corpse, they were in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. That could be seen as selling out or going mainstream by some people. Not trying to cause a fight or anything, just saying Corpsegrinder doesn't deserve alot of the shit he gets. Same with Sepultura and Derrick Green.

Feb 22, 2010 12:47 AM ET #48 (permalink)

Ov hell hmm where do I start this may be a super gay band with a bunch of elderly "rock stars" trying to get one last shot in getting in a band that pretends to be evil..I trust that king will mess the whole thing up as he did with Gorgoroth..Ya thats what I said..

Feb 22, 2010 5:03 PM ET #49 (permalink)

im a fan of 'ov hell'...i dont think theyre necessarily elderly but their age has to be getting up there somewhere. the whole gorgoroth situation was just fucked but gaahl had enough of gorgoroth at that point anyways...he is "retired" now, just doing trelldom and something else at the moment so i dont know how long he would have been in gorgoroth if they stayed together. im just happy that shagrath is lending his vocals to something other than circu...i mean dimmu borgir...dimmu is getting a bit on the weak side these days.

Feb 22, 2010 5:58 PM ET #50 (permalink)

Summit! Say it ain't so. In Sorte Diaboli is one of my favorites of all time. But supposedly Shagrath is gonna be getting back to keyboards for their next one this year, so you might be right.

And we'll see about Gaahl "retiring forever", I feel like I've heard that before.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum