"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Ov Hell

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Ov Hell

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 51 1 2 3 Last
Feb 16, 2010 12:03 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Literally just acquired their album about 2 minutes ago. Normally I am not a fan of supergroups but you can't really go wrong with both Shagrath and Frost.

Has anyone listened to it yet??

Feb 16, 2010 12:33 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Ummm... LDB, you forgot to mention King. lol. I haven't heard it yet. Is it as strong as Dimmy?

Feb 16, 2010 2:12 PM ET #3 (permalink)

King was a given! I've only listened to it once so far but it's decent. Pretty straightforward and Shagrath sounds just as diabolical as he does in his other bands. The style is pretty similar to Gorgoroth and older Borgir, I'm not totally blown away but now that God Seed is no more this will do.

Feb 16, 2010 6:35 PM ET #4 (permalink)

my god im obsessed with them where can i buy or download the album?? im desperate

Feb 16, 2010 6:41 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Err...depends if you want to actually buy it or *ahem* acquire it as I did.

Feb 16, 2010 6:45 PM ET #6 (permalink)

no coment xD

Feb 16, 2010 7:00 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Welp...it was released in Europe last week but it won't come out in the States until April, so you can either pre-order it on Amazon or do a little hunting if you know what I mean.

Or, do you use Grooveshark? It's free and legal.

Feb 16, 2010 7:13 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I've never heard of it. This isn't my computer though... I'm fourteen. xD. I might be able to use it thanks.

Feb 16, 2010 7:16 PM ET #9 (permalink)

sounds pretty dynamite...im interested. ill have to check it out if its close to gorgoroth. thanks deadbeat!!! appreciate it.

Feb 16, 2010 7:16 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Grooveshark.com

It's just streaming stuff and they have Ov Hell already =)

Feb 16, 2010 7:17 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Hahaha I've checked out there myspace a couple months back. Their sound is practically perfect black metal.

Feb 16, 2010 8:19 PM ET #12 (permalink)

holy hell! (pardon the pun i guess) this is great stuff. taking the blasts of gorgoroth and the best parts of dimmu and mashing them up under the hooves of the horned one (yes deadbeat, you can use that. hehe)...im totally diggin it! awesome black metal! i like it when black metal is over the top blasphemous...its great. the production is really good too, its found the perfect middle road between dirty and clean. does anyone know who produced it?

(This post was last edited on February 16, 2010 at 8:27 PM ET.)

Feb 16, 2010 8:34 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Why thanks Summit. If you have to borrow, borrow from the best.

I borrowed that too. ^

Anyways, I'd like to know who produced that shit too. I can't stop listening to it.

Feb 16, 2010 8:44 PM ET #14 (permalink)

no prob.yea. i love black metal when the production is like that. not too dirty but not too clean. thats been my problem with the past couple of dimmu albums, besides the circus-y parts, is that they sound waaayyy too clean. my preference though.
im diggin this grooveshark thing too. just type in a name of a band and PRESTO! you have every song by them. brilliant. why didnt i think of that? dammit!

Feb 16, 2010 8:47 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Ehh, I like it down and dirty like old Burzum. And yeah isn't Grooveshark the best thing since scrambled eggs???

Feb 16, 2010 8:59 PM ET #16 (permalink)

yea. dont get me wrong...i love a good go at some dirty stuff like burzum, darkthrone or old mayhem...i can piss off my room mate with that stuff too. he hates it when the metal sounds like it was produced in a cave or bathroom. if it gives me a cold, claustrophobic feeling then i know its great black metal.

if you said scrambled eggs with cheese then yes it is!!!

Feb 16, 2010 9:05 PM ET #17 (permalink)

New Darkthrone soon too!

I know how it is living with people who hate your music. IE: My entire family are Christians. They're semi-used to it by now but they'll never understand.

Like when I drive up to the house and my mom happens to catch a few seconds of it.
KC's mom: "KC! Are you done worshiping Satan yet??"

Feb 16, 2010 9:13 PM ET #18 (permalink)

thats hella funny! my family are christians too. my mom doesnt really care that much but she does say things like "hey charlie, why does your shirt say 'satanic rites' on it? what is that?" while im wearing my hellhammer shirt...i slipped up one day when i went to a family get together with my gorgoroth shirt that has a burning church on the front of it...not a good time after my grandma saw it. horrible idea...horrible. but whatever, its metal and its important to me so ill continue this glorious metal path ive chosen. good times.

plus, they dont understand cuz they dont "get it". you know what im sayin? its the best form of music for many reasons and one of them is cuz its not popular.

i love sitting at a starbucks and talking on the phone with my buddy about cannibal corpse and people look at me like im the devil. its great because i know of something thats way better than that crap they have playin in their car.

wow. this ov hell album just gets better and better as it goes on its darkened path...sweeeeet!!

(This post was last edited on February 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM ET.)

Feb 16, 2010 9:31 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Ooh, demon tees in front of granny, that's a rookie mistake.

It used to frustrate me that I didn't know anyone who listened to the same stuff as me. I was like WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, this stuff is good! But now I know you either feel it or you don't.

Still feel kinda like an outsider having no one to talk to about music, henceforth joining this site =)

Cannibal Corpse can suck my dick! I have terrible stories about those fuckin guys.

Feb 16, 2010 9:51 PM ET #20 (permalink)

yea. i learned my lesson...and many lessons that day about jesus and his many umm, miracles? and such...it was a low point of my life. hitting rock bottom if you will. ill never do that again.

this site is really friggin cool. i learn a lot about different things in the metal realm as it were. dont feel like an outsider though. i relish the fact that hardly no one listens to metal (im not talkin about that radio bullshit that pop culture passes off as metal). i try to think of THEM as the outsiders. i have something they dont and that makes me proud. i would kill myself if i had to talk about jay x or snoop cat or whatever ;)...ick!

so, cannibal corpse hits a sore spot huh? ive gotta hear this...i have a pretty funny story abou them though. it was valentines day at the backroom in austin, tx (i was stationed there in the army) and george "corpsegrinder" fisher dedicated all of their songs like 'addicted to vaginal entrails' and 'fucked with a knife' as love songs to all of the ladies in the crowd. it was funny, oh and gross, at the same time. i guess you'd have to be there. exhumed was there too which is a total valentines day band if ive ever heard one...hehe!!

Feb 17, 2010 5:04 AM ET #21 (permalink)

Heard the album gotput back til April..

looking forward to getting my hands on it though

Feb 17, 2010 5:25 AM ET #22 (permalink)

I don't think I have anything against Jesus. It's just hard being the only non-Christian in the fam!

I cannot fucking believe what's played on the radio today. When I heard LMFAO's "Shots" was Grammy nominated...Oh my god. I could go on about how people who eat up whatever's on the top 40 charts are sheep and can't think for themselves about what they like but that's so tired.

Corpse on Valentines Day! Hahaha gross.

The first time I ever heard them was a few years ago and I had just downloaded Kill before bed. I always go to sleep to my music and I put them on. Nighty night.

I had the most demented dreams I've ever had, ever. Shit like being pregnant then eating my own baby, hanging myself with my intestines, and worse. The next morning I was just ruined. Like, completely mentally devastated. I didn't go to class, just stayed home like WHAT THE SHIT WAS THAT. I know they're just a band and they're just words to a song but I haven't had the desire to listen to them since. Fuck those guys.

Feb 17, 2010 5:32 AM ET #23 (permalink)

Saw Cannibal Corpse in november.. Awesome band, second time i've seent ehm now.. too much fun live.. and with annotations of an autopsy great fun..

Feb 17, 2010 11:28 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Haven't seen CC yet but I'd like to.

I usually wear metal shirts at family meetings and they don't mind. Even my nan, who's a devout catholic, has no problem with any of the shirts I wear. That said I don't have anything with a burning church or "jesus is a cunt" or anything like that. I like design more than shock value in my clothing ;) Point being the general consensus within my fam is that we respect each other's beliefs (or lack thereof) whether we're Christian, Atheist, Jew, or whatever, so all works well.

Feb 17, 2010 12:04 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Cannibil Corpse? WAY sold out.
And I think that's Corpsegrinders fault.
They got alot more publicity and changed their sound after he showed up.
They started screaming in the Corpsegrinder albums, and it's just annoying if you ask me.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum