"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Sup Fuckers 9

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Sup Fuckers 9

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 516 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 21 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 516 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 21 Last
Jun 26, 2014 4:38 PM ET #76 (permalink)

Agreed DJ. I fully support a multiple party system as opposed to a two party system, but anytime someone tried to get it done, they get run out of town (Nader).

Jun 26, 2014 10:34 PM ET #77 (permalink)

"all the people with a ''Liberal'' view have turned tail and ski-daddled."

I'm still here, fuckface ;)

Jun 27, 2014 8:56 AM ET #78 (permalink)

*puts a comforting arm around Oz's shoulder and whispers in his ear*
"It's OK dear, I don't think he was talking about you."

BG, Agree on the multiparty system, but I'd even be satisfied with a two party system if it truly was one. For all their posturing and faux outrage at the other side, Both Democrats and Republicans are simply slaves to whichever public interest pays them the most handsomely. If the Gun Lobby and Oil Companies both switched "sides" with their purse strings, then I guarantee you that Dems would be posing with an AK-47 on an Oil Derrick. At the same time, if the EPA and Pro-choice movement courted the Republicans with more cash than their opposition, then congress would be hearing about bills to convert coal-fire power plants into late-term abortion crematoriums.

You said it right earlier, same puppet with a different face. Two-party system, my ass.

(This post was last edited on June 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM ET.)

Jun 27, 2014 1:11 PM ET #79 (permalink)

Oz, you're a Brit...you don't count. ;)

Jun 27, 2014 1:44 PM ET #80 (permalink)

DJ: Agreed.
Oz: Didn't we already decide that democrats in the UK are republicans here???
AP1: He does count. He sent me a lion bar. I haven't gotten one single tater tot from you in all the years we've know eachother and you live 300 miles away from me. *folds his arms and turns his back on AP1*

Jun 27, 2014 6:41 PM ET #81 (permalink)

I think it was the other way around and that Conservatives in the UK are closer to the Democrats in the U.S.

Whatever the case, it's all good. I must admit when I visited the U.S. I was surprised how many small divisions there seemed to be and Gorecunt explained a few things to me that made me agree with AP1. Chiefly, it's best I shut my mouth about American politics, I won't understand it unless I live over there for a few years (which from my experience there, would be fine with me.) So yeah, not to sound like I came back from America brain washed or anything, but with the exception of customs officials, America is fucking great.

(This post was last edited on June 27, 2014 at 6:42 PM ET.)

Jun 30, 2014 12:27 PM ET #82 (permalink)

Ah, I see. I think you'd make a great uhmericun. ;-)

Jun 30, 2014 2:46 PM ET #83 (permalink)

*in gravely military voice* (which ironically enough, I somewhat posses, though I can't figure out why)

"Inside every limey Brit, is an American yankee, waiting to get out."

Blind...good point. *inserts package into mailbox*

Jul 1, 2014 11:57 AM ET #84 (permalink)

LMFAO!

Jul 2, 2014 9:42 PM ET #85 (permalink)

Just recorded the MetalUnderground podcast with n0thinghead. Hopefully you guys like it!

Jul 3, 2014 9:43 AM ET #86 (permalink)

Cool, OZ! Related to that. It would be nice if Deathbringer could add a link to the podcast page on MU's main page.

The podcasts don't seem to get much exposure, so I don't think setting up a link or adding a podcast listing on the homepage would create any "overkillexposure".

http://metalunderground.hipcast.com/rss/metalunderground_podcast.xml

Jul 3, 2014 2:35 PM ET #87 (permalink)

Cheers DJ, even I wasn't sure where to find the podcasts!

Jul 4, 2014 2:34 PM ET #88 (permalink)

New podcast is up now guys (and girls, if there any left)

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=104231

Jul 6, 2014 9:21 PM ET #89 (permalink)

""but with the exception of customs officials, America is fucking great.""

AGREED, minus the anti-American dipshits helping the foreign immigrants into the country to spread disease and despair for anywhere they end up taking jobs from Americans. Go ahead call me racist people, I am used to it!!

Jul 8, 2014 10:08 AM ET #90 (permalink)

Branded: The fact that you are racist is already well established, however, on the immigrant front, you are 100% correct. With the exception about the job part. The immigrants are merely snatching up the jobs most Americans are too lazy or "proud" to do. American migrant farmers used to dominate the agricultural landscape doing the labor intensive jobs illegals do now. Greed, pride and moral decay has led to the situation we are in now. Just my two.

Jul 8, 2014 12:43 PM ET #91 (permalink)

I leave for the white mountains (racist?) on Thursday. 5 days of fishing, drinking, camping and all around good times to be had by each and every individual (my son and his woman, me and my woman). In the words of the late great John Wayne, "We're burnin daylight!" muthahfuckahs!!!

Jul 8, 2014 2:53 PM ET #92 (permalink)

""The immigrants are merely snatching up the jobs most Americans are too lazy or "proud" to do.""

Really, is that why when Americans apply for jobs, like kitchen cook, dishwasher, landscaper, painter, framer, etc, they are denied due to immigrants already having them?!!? That line is used up already and proven false. But keep using it if it makes you feel good about how Americans are shitted on all the time in the job force so some company can save money by paying the immigrants a cheaper pay scale. Liberals, democrats and the media have made people think Americans are "too lazy or proud" to work in menial job areas, like car washes, mowing lawns, etc., and the stupid brain washed dipshit believers keep saying it like it is biblical fact. Now look at all of the diseases coming across the border with the illegals invading the southern border, and our "loving and caring govt" coddles them with open arms. This is what all of the bleeding heart fuckwads wanted!! FUNNY HOW THEY SCREAM FOR OPEN BORDERS AND YET STAY OUT OF THE FRAY WHEN ITS TIME TO BRING THEM INTO "THEIR" AREAS. if liberals and democrats want them here so bad, why don't they open up their homes and let them live with them?!?! O that's right, until its on their doorsteps, its on ok thing, but keep them away from the ones who want them here. Its like how Israel screams open borders around the world, and yet built a huge wall around their country to keep immigrants out, and yet its an "OK" thing for them to do but any other place is screamed at for it.

Jul 8, 2014 3:09 PM ET #93 (permalink)

hey my metal friends how are been a while back fom my european metal tour
some awesome festivals like forta rock dokkum open air and graspop seen lots of lose concerts rob zombie soulfly slayer goijora metal church anthrax cool to hang out with some bands but now back on island back to work still dreaming

Jul 8, 2014 8:45 PM ET #94 (permalink)

OK, here's my experience with the American customs officials in Detroit (there's fecal matter involved in this story, both as a humourous sidenote and for BG's sexual pleasure) and why they can get fucked.

Had to change flights in Detroit on my way to D.C. Massive line but I figured there was enough officials at the front to hold the poo I was brewing in a bit longer. Queued for around half an hour, by which time I was starting to need to drop this chocolate hot dog off fairly badly. Officials all call out, "Next!" except for the one who questions me, who just waves at me like I'm fucking up his day. Decide to be on my best behaviour. No back talk, no sarcasm, just smile and answer every question honestly.

Unfortunately for me, this guy seemed to have delusions of grandeur and saw himself as the last line between America and foreign invasion. I was very polite and friendly and answered all of his questions honestly, at least half of which were met by sneers from the jarheaded official, who was very rude throughout the conversation, seemingly alarmed that I don't have a paying job (fair enough, I figure, I suppose it would seem kind of suspicious.) Anyway, this guy more or less just makes fun of me for not having a job, laughs when I say I met the friend I was visiting (Gorecunt, though obviously I used his real name) through a heavy metal website. He suddenly turns dead serious and barks, "Get into that room back there! I'm sending you for further questioning! Move it!"

I go into a room with two lines of chairs and a long desk, full of frowning customs officials. Keep in mind, I don't know the reason why I've been sent here. I was just told that I'm getting questioned further. I sit down next to a French guy and wait to be spoken to. While doing so, I witnessed a few surprising conversations, firstly featuring another British fella about my age.

"So why are you in America?"
"Me and my sisters are on our way to see the Floyd Mayweather fight."
".... You're taking your sisters to a boxing match? Come on. How likely do you think that is?"
Guy is clearly perplexed at this and gives a look like, "I don't know what to tell you."
About half an hour or so later, this guy is free to go. I assume he showed them the tickets or something.

Shortly after I hear this conversation, a guy behind me gets told to put his phone away, and by that I mean a woman shouted:
"WE DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD USE YOUR PHONE! PUT YOUR GOD DAMN PHONE AWAY!"
At this point the French guy starts talking to me (he had a very thick accent, it was kinda hard not to laugh. The gist of his story was he was here to see his friend Marcel and they wouldn't let him call Marcel.) I make sure my phone is off, while having flashbacks to the audio of the Canadian couple being interrogated by American customs. Then comes the bits that really took me back.

An Egyptian guy was clearly not doing a very good job of convincing the staff why he was there. Something about he hadn't booked a hotel. Eventually, they denied him entry.
"How am I supposed to get home?"
"Not my problem."
I think to myself that since I don't know the full extent of the situation, they're just being safe. If he seems fishy, which coming to a country with nowhere to stay would suggest, then fair enough if they turn him away. But right after he leaves the door, the staff high five each other and one of them expresses his delight that there's "One less Muslim in America!"
"That's a bit much." I think.

Then I'm drawn to the guy to my one o'clock. Not sure where he was from originally, but he looked either Algerian or Moroccan, though he had been living in France for the previous ten years. He was asked, once more with a sarcastic sneer, what he does in France.
"I'm a lawyer."
"YOU'RE A LAWYER!?"
He seemed a little offended by this woman's amazement at a brown person having a decent job, but like me, appeared to adopt the smile and honest answer policy. The woman then conferred with some colleagues, all of whom seemed bewildered by his claim to be a lawyer and he was taken to the side of the room and his bags were rummaged through, carelessly and in front of all us other detainees.

Jul 8, 2014 8:46 PM ET #95 (permalink)

PART 2: THE STARTLING

Then comes my turn. I answer everything correctly, smile when appropriate, inform him where I'm staying, the names of my friends I'm here to see, the concert I'm attending and so on. In fairness, this guy was the best of the bunch. He had no sense of humour, but he didn't seem to be treating me like a criminal, more of a concerned citizen keeping a close eye on who's coming in to his country, you know, like a customs official is supposed to. He did get a little agitated though when he asked for Gorecunt and Deathbringer's phone numbers and my phone took a while to load. He then tells me to sit down again, calls Gorecunt to verify that I am who I say I am, whilst browsing Metal Underground to look at the staff list, my articles etc. Again, this is fair enough, it's proof that I'm affiliated with an American business. Eventually he calls me back and just as I think I'm being told that I'm free to go, I'm told to go inside yet another room within a room, which consists of a table and a bench and no windows, bar the one in the door.

I sit down, again, prepared to answer any and all questions.
"Put your back on this table and unzip it."
"No problem."
He then snaps on a pair of rubber gloves. Keep in mind, I'm in dire need of a shit. All I can think is,
"If he opens me up, I'm gonna unload on his hands and then they'll really be pissed off with me."

To my relief, this is only for going through my bag. He stares at my contents and says,
"Y'all didn't pack much."
"I didn't think I needed much."
He goes through my stuff, taking brief interest in my medication (which has the doctors number and everything on the packaging) and my copy of Ronnie O'Sullivan's autobiography, "Running." He comes across my envelope which has some one dollar bills inside and tells me to keep them on me as it's not a good idea to have money in a bag.
"Wait here. I gotta do something."
"OK."

About ten minutes later, he comes in and tells me I'm free to go. I take my passport, look back at the Berber lawyer who's still having his things paraded around the waiting room and decide that now would be a good time to find the nearest toilet.

So yeah, the guy that questioned me in the detaining area was alright, but everyone else in that department was rude, aggressive, accusing and scary, quite frankly. Made a vow to myself to never go back to Detroit, even if it was only the airport.

Got some funnier and nicer stories of my time in America, but that's the one people find most shocking. Well, that and the man with a diaper, but that's another story....

Jul 8, 2014 9:52 PM ET #96 (permalink)

OZ, sorry you had the trouble with the new world gestapo jackboots. The funny thing is they don't do that with people from countries that are hateful of America. They get through with such ease, it makes you wonder who is actually running the customs dept!!

Jul 9, 2014 7:58 AM ET #97 (permalink)

Like I said, it was the only bad experience I had in America. After that it was more or less smooth sailing, though I had a little trouble figuring out how the fuck you guys can cross the street lol.

Jul 9, 2014 9:19 AM ET #98 (permalink)

hahahahaha it can be tricky getting across sometimes!!!

Jul 9, 2014 9:27 AM ET #99 (permalink)

Thought this clip was appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVDDYQlmq0w

From one of my favorite cheesy movies.

Jul 9, 2014 12:21 PM ET #100 (permalink)

Oz: You could have stopped at "I flew into Detroit". Lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum