"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Carpathain Forest review

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Carpathain Forest review

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Dec 15, 2013 5:47 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Gig at the Camden Underworld promised to be a blinder last night.

first up were Eastern Front, a British black metal band. Straight away the brutality excellent, excellent sound in the tiny venue. a wall of guitars and blast beats with the singer commanding the stage perfectly. Motherland and Blood on Snow stood out the most from a set that had 4 songs and deserved at least fifteen minutes more.

After a short break were The Rotten, D-beat death metal purveyors from London. Im always happy to see these lads on stage as they always deliver a punishing set and great funny banter between songs. kicking off straight away with one of my current fave songs "surrounded by skulls" the set blasted the crowd into the first pit of the evening. Other tracks included "the howling" "apathy in the uk" and "motorbastards" Again they should have had longer on stage and quite a few of their well known songs were missing from an otherwise excellent set.

Carpathain Forest. im not very familiar with this band, but they don't play the uk very often and im always happy to give a band a chance (unless your metalcore or emo). after the build up by two very good support bands this set was a let down. the sound wasn't as good as the previous two bands and the singer waving around a "plastic" inverted cross seems a bit like a shite mayhem set. after 40 minutes I finished my beer and headed for the exit. expecting a band with this kind of rep to fail to dominate the crowd the way their support did was a disappointment.

these views are mine, don't like them I don't give a fuck.

@Flakthirty8

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum