"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

MY 4TH GWAR EXPERIENCE

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> MY 4TH GWAR EXPERIENCE

Displaying 1 post
Displaying 1 post
Nov 1, 2013 12:57 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Another Halloween in the books and another spectacular Gwar show.

Got there after Band of Orcs, which I was kinda bummed about but wasnt stressin it. Bought a GWAR tour shirt and GWAR beanie and headed into the main room at Tremont Music Hall. Iron Reagan was already thrashin out when I awalked in there. Having never heard them before, I listened intently and thought it reminded of Stormtroopers of Death's first album "Speak English Or Die" which is a very good thing, IMO. I thought they were pretty good overall, but nothing Im running out to get. No disrespect intended at all!! 8 of 10

Whitechapel.....SUCKED COMPLETE DONKEY ASS!!! ggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr word ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr breakdown gggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, walked out halfway through their set. Just not my thing........... 2 of 10. Im giving 2 for the energy level they had going.

THEN THEY WERE THERE!! GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! It was complete pandimonium from the start! Bodies flying, slamming, falling, crushing it was freaking crazy. Tremont was shaking at the rafters and blood was flowing!! The stage show this time was different from any other one so far. Oderous was talking so damn much it was kinda getting annoying, but its GWAR so we dealt with it. Instead of decapitating lots of people some giant spider like thing kept coming out and talking. Kinda dull but had its moments. At one point they had to scramble to get extra security up to the barrier because it was about to go down! Oderous was telling people to back up and relax a few. It was one of the most violent pits I have been in. It was completely out of control at times and it was freaking beautiful!! Complete chaos in a controlled environment and everyone was really flipping the hell out since it was Halloween night and the Mighty GWAR was thrashing out onstage! I have some bad whhiplash and my body feels like a steamroller plowed me over and spit me out!! Worth every damn painful moment I will endure the next few days!! 8 of 10. 8 for all the damn talking Oderous did but it was a great freakin night had by all who made it out!! BTW, as soon as I have the setlist Ill post it up....

(This post was last edited on November 1, 2013 at 12:58 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum